Westminster Village Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Tight Core Team who are dedicated to their clients and patients, as well as client family members.
INTERIM DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALJune 16, 2018
Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Meetings, Team Interviews, Benefits Information and meeting one on one with employee team members, offer letters, background checks, onboarding, off boarding, coaching all made it a great place to perform an interim HR Director role while the HR Director was out on maternity leave. Most enjoyable part of the culture was the people and mission of Westminster Village. A great place to work. Management was supportive and always offered the best resources to make the job a team effort.
Westminster
Food server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61701April 1, 2018
It was a very good experience working here. I loved working with the elderly and being able to get to know them and make connections with them, it honestly taught me alot.
Very challenging and relentless pace of changing and toxic staffing issues. Constant service needs from clientele and administration. Perpetual manage
Fine Dining/Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2018
Very busy and active campus with very high expectations and major staffing issues. I've learned how to exist in a tough relentless work environment and set my own daily and weekly goals to provide myself with a sense of accomplishment. Very hard work culture and staffing issues dominate your ability to effectively manage your department.The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the residents and their family.
Pros
Great clientele and strong Food and Beverage Managers.
Cons
Constantly busy active property with very high expectation and major staffing issues
na
Manager of the Village Care Program (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMarch 14, 2018
I have learned all about Long term care, I have a passion for seniors and believe I have made a difference in their lives. I have built a outstanding reputation i the Lafayette Community.
horrible management
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 7, 2018
they make you work like slaves. never have enough people working or hire anyone. all the care about is their selves & not the residents. all their worried about it keeping up with luther oaks. i would give it zero stars if i could of
Pros
Cons
every thing
Good environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2018
This is a good place to work. There are many different areas to sharpen your skills/learn new ones.Management maintained open door policy. Mandatory morning meetings for that shift.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
No longer working there
Fun, easygoing and flexibility
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day at work was fun but also full of things to do. I learned a lot about how to treat people and their needs. My manager was excellent and a delight to work with. The work space was good.
Pros
Flexibility
Amazing Place to work
Admissions Specialist/Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, IN 47802February 5, 2018
I had so many opportunities while there. There is room to move up in the company if you are dedicated. The company really tries keep not only their customers happy but their employees as well.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Not a terrible place, but not full-time material
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 24, 2018
It’s a good place to work if you have other things like school and an internship to work with, because they have a very flexible schedule. But if you’re needing something full time, I wouldn’t recommend this place. Plus, you have to be aware that you may be insulted by some of the residents, and you have to be able to take it and not retaliate.
Pros
Free food, the latest you’re there is 8:15
Cons
You have to practically bug management and beg on your knees for full time
Great benefits
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 18, 2018
Great company. There is a lack of leadership in management roles. Unrealistic expectations at times creates a very poor work/family balance. Great group of staff to work with. Beautiful facility.
Great Workplace
Administrative Assistant, Sales and Admissions (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18109January 17, 2018
Responsible for meeting with families looking to place a loved one in a skilled nursing care facility.
Learned about all insurance coverages, working with social services at various hospitals.
Management was strict but caring.
Friendly workplace culture.
Meeting budget for filling open beds
Working with people
Pros
Nice Environment, friendly staff, challenging.
Cons
Very strict re: hours worked, mediocre time off
charge lpn
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALJanuary 8, 2018
Providing medical care to residents, administering prescribed medications, overseeing the care of 32 residents, obtaining vital signs, scheduling/ staffing, training, charting, maintaining records, supervising CNAs, assisting with ADLs, advocating for residents
Very enjoyable facility to work at.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 14, 2017
The administrative staff is wonderful and supervisory staff are great. NO micromanagement making the work enjoyable. The residents are kind, friendly, and considerate.
Pros
Lunch is provided, facility is very clean heated and cooled.
Cons
Wages
Great place to work.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 5, 2017
I loved this job. My job was entering data on all people for the facility. I would have loved to work here full-time permanently. All the employees were very nice and helpful. They all care about the people in the facility.
Was a nice place to work, a chef prepared lunch and dinner.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 12, 2017
Was a hard job at times, but was usually quiet and monotonous; some employees made the job more difficult than it needed to be. Worked hard and was appreciated for what I put in; management was usually fair and made me feel as though I mattered.
Pros
Free food, was able to work at my own pace and was able to get to know a wide variety of people.
Cons
Overworked, management didn't care about injuries and no room for advancement.
A nice and clean place to work
Housekeeping/Laundry Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 10, 2017
I have really enjoyed working at Westminster. I don't intend on ever leaving this job unless I move out of state or find something better. I love all of my residents and all of my coworkers. I have learned alot in the 4 yrs that I have been manager.
Enjoyed working there very much
CNA/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed coming to work everyday. I loved what i did working with the residents and also when i went to scheduling. I helped all the new hires with their schedule and making sure everything was good for them. I also did payroll and enjoyed that as well
Pros
residents, scheduling, payroll and other employees
Cons
losing a resident
Friendly work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 7, 2017
I learned so much here about how to care for others in the medical field. This was my first CNA job and I loved every minute of it. The nursing staff here was so friendly and was there to help you when you needed it. Everyone worked well as a team as well.
Long-term care setting
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 1, 2017
Always too many to care for, not enough time or staff to do it. Compensation isn't equivocal to responsibility of the nursing staff. I wouldn't recommend this job.
Poor adminstrative staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  W Lafayette, INJuly 29, 2017
Administering medications to residents, completing treatments, charting, reporting off to oncoming nurses, and assisting the CNA's are several items in a typical work day. Nurse/Aide per patient ratios became poor towards the end as the company attempted to save/make more money. Management was not helpful. The residents and families were the best aspect of the job.
Pros
Residents and families
Cons
adminstration