Westmont Living Employee Reviews

Very busy and not appreciated enough
Dishwaher (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 9, 2018
I love my coworkers and bosses but I have always done an excellent job which I am not paid enough for. Their is always an issue with management which makes it difficult to ask questions about how you can move forward. I have never gotten a yearly evaluation.
Pros
free food
Cons
under payed
Overwhelming and short staffed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 3, 2018
Management at Westmont of Morgan Hill shows no loyalty to their employees. The turn over rate is high re: management and staff. Management has been lacking. The residents here is what keeps staff coming back to work each day and make the job tolerable.
Pros
free meals.
Cons
poor management
Wonderful employees, horrible management
Can’t tell you, I will get fired (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 17, 2018
Management makes it a nightmare to work here! Lying to get you fired. Hiring friends and family and paying them more. Good people leave because they are afraid of management. Watch out for the people running this place.
Pros
Cons
Good employees
Run ! Don’t stop !
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 9, 2018
Plan on No family time.
The management is horrible from the local level to the very top. They micromanage and have unreachable
Expectations.
There is no training from day one. Training is a person on the phone going over what they think you need to know, and it was not useful information. From then on you are figuring it out alone. Then months later they will ask for a report, and you have never, seen or heard of this report. They act like you are crazy! Don’t think I’m the crazy one. The crazy one, is the one that was on the phone talking about her life when she was supposed to be training me!
Here’s a real nice perk to the job,
You are required to answer calls on your days off. Day off? Humm?
Hard when you are trying to have dinner with your children. Let alone make dinner!
The managers, Vice Presidents are condescending and cold.
I think the company is floundering. They don’t work with people, they fire people. Never so happy to leave a company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and disrespect.
Upper mgmt is cut throat- watch your back
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 4, 2018
Check out Glass Door reviews, too. Forget work life balance. Forget any praises or recognition if you almost meet goal. Two faced and greedy. Very high turn over. Corporate fires great employees. Owners are blind and naive; never caring about why they REALLY can’t fill their buildings. Take your sick days! Take your vacation! Use every minute you earn! Keep track of your hours - salary or hourly, too. They will hire you just below full-time, so they don’t have to pay you benefits. They will rob every ounce of your energy. WML is fat st the top and lean on the ground level. If they would hire great managers at the top; they might have a great company. Until the circle of friends go away - you’re wasting your time and energy. You have been warned. Good luck if you’re desperate, broke or like to gamble.
Pros
Beautiful buildings, great concepts for senior living
Cons
Horrible leadership at the top
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 5, 2018
This organization is a solid example of what does work in senior living facilities. The model that this organization employs is beneficial to the psychological well being of an aging individual.
Fun place
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJune 3, 2018
Fun place but needs better management. Overall a nice relaxed place where senior citizens can relax. Always great activities for the residents. In terms of employees, need better wages and better management.
Run don't walk from this company
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 25, 2018
Unless you like being micromanaged and treated with disrespect, run as far away from this company as you can. Management talks a good story about caring but reality is completely different. All they care about is the bottom line. Staff is a necessary evil and mostly treated as such. Rather than take the time to train emploees or help them be better in their position, they fire them regardless of the situation.

Read the reviews - 2 stars on glassdoor and 2.5 on here...
Pros
Residents, fairly good health benefits
Cons
Good
CNA / Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMay 14, 2018
Days here are good, managers are good the only thing they lack is getting back to you on time about questions asked, or returning your phones calls. Other than that it is a great place to grow.
Medtech job piece of cake low pay rate harder for caregivers on some days
MedTech (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 12, 2018
Busy for caregivers not enough help. Upper Management only cares about there profit . Most of there seniority employees quit, the ones that are left are really good team players .
Worst place I have ever worked for!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 7, 2018
If you are a person that can brown nose, this job is for you! A job well done means nothing to this company. It is all about what click you fit into. This starts way from the top. Westmont manages by fear. Corporate support is uncaring and completely apathetic. I have been in this industry for other 20 years and I have never seen this type of unprofessionalism. The quality leaders they push out and bring leaders that will say to you “ you know no one likes you?” What is that? I feel I am back in kindergarten.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything else
Go somewhere else
Manager (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 29, 2018
Skip this company. It is by far the worst company to work for. Pay is low and you work hard. They do not care about the residents they only want the money.
Pros
Cons
no perks work hard and get nothing but a small paycheck
Horrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 22, 2018
Westmonts has gone down, management has definitely turned for the worst. As well as staff moral no support from upper management. Unfair and ethics are not a priority.
Pros
Cons
Upper management (ED)
Fun and relaxing place to work
Culinary Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2018
It a slow growing company that's been around for 20 years. There not like some of these other companies where have to buy buy, buy to be bigger and better. Westmont truely focus on the residents and staff and put money into that.
Pros
Upper management is very sopportive
Friendly staff,
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 25, 2017
I love my job,the residents that I care for,and I get along with the staff members. I have worked at a few facility's, and I love how the staff and care staff are very attentive to all the residents.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
The distance from my house to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJune 20, 2017
Always a good day working for Westmont senior home as a dishwasher learned a lot from others and great members with the company and workers also culture was always great they always did there best to make or seniors happy.
I urge you to find a better company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2017
The only sales job I've ever worked where everyone in the office was seeking other employment options. The turnover rate is terrible. If you're looking for a job for a month, this might work. But if you have actual responsibilities and are looking to work for a reputable company then this is not the right company for you. Very micromanaged and you will never have a work life balance.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Micromanaged, Impossible Quotas, Not Focused on Resident Care
Love it
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAApril 1, 2017
Great employees. Good breaks. One of the best places I have worked as a caregiver. Good pay per hour. Great staff. Good management. Everyone is a team and you are welcomed when you first start.
Pros
Free lunch. Good breaks.
Cons
Scary walking to trash at night
Great people excellent training
Maitenance (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILAugust 22, 2016
Great job learned a lot there
The people were willing to train
The maitence program was very impressive
I would encourage people to work there