Westmont Living Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Rather Not Say (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMarch 8, 2019
I love my job.. the residents, the staff. It is a great place to work! Yes, there are stressful moments but overall I find the job to be quite rewarding. Making a difference in the residents and their families makes the stressful times worth it.
Pros
Free Meals, Happy Residents, Great Management Team
Cons
Weekend Hours
Always Overworked and Underpaid
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2019
Always Overworked and Underpaid. They can't keep a staff in the Corporate Office. They significantly overwork their corporate staff and pay horribly. They also fail to honor their commitments.
Worst place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 11, 2019
I've worked for Westmont for almost a year and the entire time I was there I was constantly being treated like garbage by the managers. I was being paid $11.50 while new people were being hired and getting paid more then me with no caregiving experience. I wasn't able to get a brake because of how under staffed we were and if I was sick and needed to call in I was told I can't because there is know one to cover me. I can go on for days on how horrible westmont living is. The only good part of my job was my residents I only stayed for so long for them.
Pros
Cons
Every about westmont living
Fun people to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 22, 2019
I made friends while working there which made it a fun place to work. I still keep in touch with most of the people that I used to work with. I don't regret a single day of working there.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not great pay
Awful place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 18, 2019
You get paid so little for the very hard amount of work that you do at this place. They don't care about the residents at all, they want people to move in so badly to get their money they don't even take their time to get to know them. They constantly move residents in on assisted living when they should be in memory care.
Fun work place
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 17, 2019
It's easy to work the old people they are very nice with us and the food is very good just be patient with the old people. And always be on time and never be late u will learn a lot of things there never be late and always be on time cuz they will I always tell u not to be late
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Stressfull
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Only work at westont if you really need the job. These people only care about making money . They don't care about the employees and they d OK my care about the residents .
Pros
Very busy and not appreciated enough
Dishwaher (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 9, 2018
I love my coworkers and bosses but I have always done an excellent job which I am not paid enough for. Their is always an issue with management which makes it difficult to ask questions about how you can move forward. I have never gotten a yearly evaluation.
Pros
free food
Cons
under payed
Overwhelming and short staffed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 3, 2018
Management at Westmont of Morgan Hill shows no loyalty to their employees. The turn over rate is high re: management and staff. Management has been lacking. The residents here is what keeps staff coming back to work each day and make the job tolerable.
Pros
free meals.
Cons
poor management
Wonderful employees, horrible management
Can’t tell you, I will get fired (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 17, 2018
Management makes it a nightmare to work here! Lying to get you fired. Hiring friends and family and paying them more. Good people leave because they are afraid of management. Watch out for the people running this place.
Pros
Cons
Good employees
Run ! Don’t stop !
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 9, 2018
Plan on No family time.
The management is horrible from the local level to the very top. They micromanage and have unreachable
Expectations.
There is no training from day one. Training is a person on the phone going over what they think you need to know, and it was not useful information. From then on you are figuring it out alone. Then months later they will ask for a report, and you have never, seen or heard of this report. They act like you are crazy! Don’t think I’m the crazy one. The crazy one, is the one that was on the phone talking about her life when she was supposed to be training me!
Here’s a real nice perk to the job,
You are required to answer calls on your days off. Day off? Humm?
Hard when you are trying to have dinner with your children. Let alone make dinner!
The managers, Vice Presidents are condescending and cold.
I think the company is floundering. They don’t work with people, they fire people. Never so happy to leave a company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and disrespect.
Upper mgmt is cut throat- watch your back
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 4, 2018
Check out Glass Door reviews, too. Forget work life balance. Forget any praises or recognition if you almost meet goal. Two faced and greedy. Very high turn over. Corporate fires great employees. Owners are blind and naive; never caring about why they REALLY can’t fill their buildings. Take your sick days! Take your vacation! Use every minute you earn! Keep track of your hours - salary or hourly, too. They will hire you just below full-time, so they don’t have to pay you benefits. They will rob every ounce of your energy. WML is fat st the top and lean on the ground level. If they would hire great managers at the top; they might have a great company. Until the circle of friends go away - you’re wasting your time and energy. You have been warned. Good luck if you’re desperate, broke or like to gamble.
Pros
Beautiful buildings, great concepts for senior living
Cons
Horrible leadership at the top
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 5, 2018
This organization is a solid example of what does work in senior living facilities. The model that this organization employs is beneficial to the psychological well being of an aging individual.
Fun place
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJune 3, 2018
Fun place but needs better management. Overall a nice relaxed place where senior citizens can relax. Always great activities for the residents. In terms of employees, need better wages and better management.
Run don't walk from this company
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 25, 2018
Unless you like being micromanaged and treated with disrespect, run as far away from this company as you can. Management talks a good story about caring but reality is completely different. All they care about is the bottom line. Staff is a necessary evil and mostly treated as such. Rather than take the time to train emploees or help them be better in their position, they fire them regardless of the situation.

Read the reviews - 2 stars on glassdoor and 2.5 on here...
Pros
Residents, fairly good health benefits
Cons
Good
CNA / Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMay 14, 2018
Days here are good, managers are good the only thing they lack is getting back to you on time about questions asked, or returning your phones calls. Other than that it is a great place to grow.
Medtech job piece of cake low pay rate harder for caregivers on some days
MedTech (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 12, 2018
Busy for caregivers not enough help. Upper Management only cares about there profit . Most of there seniority employees quit, the ones that are left are really good team players .
Worst place I have ever worked for!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 7, 2018
If you are a person that can brown nose, this job is for you! A job well done means nothing to this company. It is all about what click you fit into. This starts way from the top. Westmont manages by fear. Corporate support is uncaring and completely apathetic. I have been in this industry for other 20 years and I have never seen this type of unprofessionalism. The quality leaders they push out and bring leaders that will say to you “ you know no one likes you?” What is that? I feel I am back in kindergarten.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything else
Go somewhere else
Manager (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 29, 2018
Skip this company. It is by far the worst company to work for. Pay is low and you work hard. They do not care about the residents they only want the money.
Pros
Cons
no perks work hard and get nothing but a small paycheck
Horrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 22, 2018
Westmonts has gone down, management has definitely turned for the worst. As well as staff moral no support from upper management. Unfair and ethics are not a priority.
Pros
Cons
Upper management (ED)