Westmont Living

Westmont Living Employee Reviews

Spilling the Tea !!!
I have been with Westmont for 3 years. I have decided to leave due to management, gossip at work, and unfair pay.
Now as I stated above, I work as a server. But some days I do work as a Dishwasher. Due to always being short staffed, we as DISHWASHERS are now required to deliver room trays PERSONALLY to the residents room. Yeah.. they’re having dishwashers DELIVERING room trays. (It used to be caregivers job, but you know. Maybe if they give us the same pay, I wouldn’t be complaining.)

The thing about this company is that they WILL NOT RAISE you even if you know how to do more than 1 job or even if you’ve been with the company for awhile. They will take advantage of you and still pay you minimum wage. FYI: Residents pay $3-4K each month and this company will not raise anyone at all, not even .25 cents!!!!

The funny thing is, this company always talks about “ITS EVERYBODYS JOB.” But anyone below management is the only ones doing it. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone who’s looking for a long term career and for anyone going to school while working. Good luck trying to have days off. They won’t give it to you.

For me personally, I have given this job too many chance to see if anything will change for the better. And now that I think about, leaving was such a good choice! I’m
Pros
Fun Residents, Free Food, Giftcards, Christmas Party
Cons
Pay, Time off, Stressfull, Gossip, Trash Talking, Snakes
Directors are not professional at all
Housekeeper manager has no manager skills,he is racist,he listen to gossip before investigating ,he takes side and favoritism for one of the employees,he got mad when I spoke up and made my work load bigger, I was been harassed by him and a co worker when I tried to tell him about it he didn't let me speak at all residents very rude and racist and directors take their side they say because they are paying a lot of money
Do not work here
Hate working here. We recently switched ownership from Altavita to Westmont Living. After the change the company as a whole has went from bad to worse. The level of care sucks, the caregivers are understaffed, and over worked with little pay. We lost a few good caregivers due to the overload of work due to management. The transition has been rough, but it tends to get worse and worse.. with no help and support from management. Avoid working here or bringing family member
Worst company to work for.
This company deserves 0 stars. They have no compassion for their employees. Managers are the worst. No training provided, low pay. The employees are overworked and underpaid. Managers do not know how to respectfully speak to their employees. They never answer their phones when needed. You leave work everyday not wanting to go back. A very sad working environment.
Bad job
I’m an employee at westmont living and I REALLY don’t recommend working here don’t do it please. It’s not worth what we have to go thru during work. We get treated bad and managers are rude asf they seem nice to you at first but you will see there true colors after a while trust me. Everyone acts like high school kids EVERYONE. It’s bad don’t do it. Listen to me and the others you will come home mad when you should be happy to go to work
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
level entry experience
great place to start out and learn the basics in caring for the elderly and medication passes. it is also a great place to learn about charting, physician communications and doctors orders.
Not a great place to work
There is 0 support from fellow staff and management. The training is literally spent with a phone call and someone remotely controlling your desktop and kind of sort of walking you through it. If you need help after your training, forget it! They will ignore you! Low wages for employees, management is very cliquey just like high school. The management will reprimand you for certain things that they do themselves.
Worked there for three years and tried to like it.
Our executive director is so unbelievably rude and biased. You’re either liked or you’re not and it’s very obvious. They don’t care about losing staff. The turnover rate is very very high
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westmont Living?
Non productive. Lots of workplace harassment
workplace harassment is common. Care providers are treated as housemaids. Poor teamwork. Unproductive competition. Staff needs more extensive training on work ethical principles and professionalism for lack of respect to co workers
Disappointing
Westmont should be more mindful of who they hire to represent the company. There is definitely some unprofessional leadership. Preferential treatment and retaliation is swept under the rug as well as other inappropriate behavior. Also, floor staff is not trained, mistakes are made and residents are not be cared for. It’s more about the money than taking care of the residents. Too much turnover.
The way they
The management not good
Med techs not good

No one respect you

Stressful

Understaffed

Overworked new hires

They let everyone go on vacation at the same time
La Mesa , Bad Interview
Interviewed for position at new La Mesa building and my advice is this- if you have other offer on the table take it and If you don’t, take Westmont job and keep looking. Westmont cans good people left and right. The interview was one of the worst ever. HR rep talked trash about former employees which is a reflection on their hiring selection . They don’t communicate with you. Got the feeling the people in the office weren’t honest and the other players asked shady questions. Glad I didn’t go with La Mesa.
Pros
Average health insurance, 2 weeks vacation offered
Cons
Many Red Flags . Ask around before you go with them
Poor Management and poor salaries
I worked as a waitress/server for Westmont Living in Roseville, Ca. The manager was absolutely horrible. She would cuss at employees, not speak to them, and play passive aggressive. The residents were the best part of the job. Coming to work every day to talk to people you serve regularly made it feel like home away from home. It is unfortunate when you love your job but have poor management and coworkers.
Pros
Paid time off, talk to residents, free meals on your break
Cons
management, co workers, compensation, no room for advancement
Fun place to work
Westmont Senior living is a wonderful place to work. The residents are so Thankful for all that you do. It’s nice to go to work happy and leave happy.
Bad Experience Overall
I would not recommend working for this company. Very poor management from local to corporate. Fear Culture is promoted. Not good for the residents to see different faces constantly. Very low pay. Workers are NOT valued in the least bit and they know it.
Pros
free meal
Cons
too many to list
Great Place to Work!
I love my job.. the residents, the staff. It is a great place to work! Yes, there are stressful moments but overall I find the job to be quite rewarding. Making a difference in the residents and their families makes the stressful times worth it.
Pros
Free Meals, Happy Residents, Great Management Team
Cons
Weekend Hours
Always Overworked and Underpaid
Always Overworked and Underpaid. They can't keep a staff in the Corporate Office. They significantly overwork their corporate staff and pay horribly. They also fail to honor their commitments.
Worst place to work
I've worked for Westmont for almost a year and the entire time I was there I was constantly being treated like garbage by the managers. I was being paid $11.50 while new people were being hired and getting paid more then me with no caregiving experience. I wasn't able to get a brake because of how under staffed we were and if I was sick and needed to call in I was told I can't because there is know one to cover me. I can go on for days on how horrible westmont living is. The only good part of my job was my residents I only stayed for so long for them.
Pros
Cons
Every about westmont living
Fun people to work with
I made friends while working there which made it a fun place to work. I still keep in touch with most of the people that I used to work with. I don't regret a single day of working there.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not great pay
Awful place
You get paid so little for the very hard amount of work that you do at this place. They don't care about the residents at all, they want people to move in so badly to get their money they don't even take their time to get to know them. They constantly move residents in on assisted living when they should be in memory care.
Fun work place
It's easy to work the old people they are very nice with us and the food is very good just be patient with the old people. And always be on time and never be late u will learn a lot of things there never be late and always be on time cuz they will I always tell u not to be late
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westmont Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3