Weston Foods Employee Reviews

Weston Foods
Quality Systems Mgr (Current Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDJanuary 23, 2019
Weston Foods is undergoing significant change as they are centralizing the plant reporting structure up through Toronto, Canada (Headquarters) and things are looking more and more challenging all the time.
Company in the midst of a large organizational shift
Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 19, 2019
The company is going through a lot of growth and change. The senior leaders are trying to focus the teams but management (directors) continue to drive instability due to their lack of knowledge and experience. Too many businesses with different focus, no one doing things the same way and its either total micromanagement or non-existent management. People are unhappy and it shows in the rate they continue to leave the company. Weston doesn't want to pay for talent, they want a lean organization but don't provide the necessary resources to make the actual leap. I wish them the best!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Senior Management
Strange place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 13, 2019
Everything starts at the top.The management has poor leadership. They only care about production. Supervisors and lead people have no social skills . Terrible place to work.
Pros
You are paid thirty minutes for lunch
Cons
Very high turnover, always under staffed.
Para mi es una buena empresa como debe ser .
Empacadora (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 11, 2019
Me considero buen trabajador que hago lo posible por cumplir y cuidar mi trabajo .
Desempeñando y dando lo máximo para el objetivo que me contrataron.
Pros
La atención de la aseguramos es buena
Cons
Que algunas veces no hay quien de ayuda para ir al restroom
This place is a joke!
Mixer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 5, 2019
Lot of favoritism in this place especially if you work in the frozen department the lead on off shift is lazy and will not help you unless stuff goes crazy! If you do give it a try logistics is the way to go!
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
Good company to work for.
Freezer Dock Lead or Superviser (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 2, 2019
Good company to work for great people Temperature controlled Advancement possibilities always are there if interested.Very diverse
workforce each working together for a team goal.
Pros
My boss and mgt team
Cons
working nites
Poor work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PADecember 16, 2018
This job really bad they don't train u then in 4 day they let u go cause they don't feel like training and the female act like they run the place and talk down on the males I wouldn't work there again if they pay me 20 a HR
Pros
No pros at this job
Cons
Really poor management
Unfair treatment
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 9, 2018
My typical day at work at ace bakery was me doing practically all the work. I told management but they did nothing about it. They offered me a lead job but I didn't take it and they fired me.
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INNovember 30, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Professional people to work with. They recognize acheivements. Very great team. Greay core values. Some overtime but paid for hours worked. Understanding regarding family and time off.
Pros
profitable
Management was the only draw back
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNNovember 20, 2018
Seemed that every time you turned around there was a new plant manager or “stand in” manager. They regularly cleaned house of good managers for no reason.
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 18, 2018
Pay was good, culture was ok at first until leadership changed over. After that, culture degraded quickly. Employees quickly began leaving and turnover has continued since I left the company.
Good place to work, some people can be difficult.
Machine operator/ break relief operator. (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VANovember 7, 2018
Good place to work. Jobs are not too difficult. Great benefits. Decent amount of overtime. Lots of new managers but are doing a good job so far, I’m leaving only because I’m re-locating.
Stressful environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PANovember 7, 2018
Management is terrible. Most departments do not get paid the wages they deserve. Very fast paced job with no help or understanding from management. Pay increase has been requested numerous times and has been ignored EVERY time. It is a very stressful environment
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Too many to write down
Worse job I've ever had
Packer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PANovember 6, 2018
Fast paced,not enough people to do the job,expect to much from you,people come to work and leave after a couple days.Factory across street has hired 6 of our people,more money less stress.
Pros
Getting off at 2pm
Cons
Work environment, little pay
Overall not a terrible place to work in the manufacturing world at all
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2018
Thought management treated employees relatively nice compared to other manufacturing companies I had heard about. Thought 90% of the people that worked there were great!... I worked there during the "start-up" phase of the factory so things were a little more hectic. SOP's were not set in stone so I found it difficult to learn, and found things to be fast and loose. This was especially true for me considering this was my first job in a manufacturing environment so I literally had no experience coming in. Things did seem to continuously improve over time though. They do have very talented and competent leadership working for them. It is also a great opportunistic environment with immediate meaningful contribution and career development. amenities
Pros
Excellent Leadership, opportunistic environment
Cons
Fast Pace, Hectic Enviroment, Poor Work/Life Balance, Zero Employment Amenities besides lockers and some food for sale in cafeteria
Consuming and Cut throat
Resource Leader (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDOctober 31, 2018
The demands on you mentally, physically as well as your time in the week are enormous.

The upper levels of management and HR are devious and inconsistent.

Expect to be overloaded with daily, weekly and yearly tasks while being expected to keep work flow going. If there are equipment breakdowns or process issues ( which happen a lot) you are responsible to deal with that on top of everything else like IT problems, people issues, lack of mechanics and bad materials or ingredients. In the end you run out of time that day which will be tacked on to the next day. As your deficit grows there is no help or understanding or the proper tools necessary to do what's expected of you. So you have to be innovative and resourceful making your own tools which takes more time out of your week and is not appreciated by the upper levels of the company. Even if you share it with others.

If they decide they want to cast blame on you for something they will go back and find something on you to create a case. Things never mentioned to you as a problem in the past will suddenly be paramount and you will be punished without warning or a chance to make changes. In my case they used that as a pretense to force me to another shift as punishment.

While the pay and benefits are pretty good, its also a trap. You become dependent on that and they know they have you. They can treat any way they desire and with a check mate attitude.
Experience in multiple sectors!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2018
I interned at Interbake Foods through the Cochrane Economic Program. I was assigned a head supervisor but shadowed multiple leaders in multiple areas of the company, just as Communications, Marketing, etc. Throughout my time with Interbake foods, I collected data from a variety of food distributors and presented on the findings.
slow slow slow
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INOctober 15, 2018
very good pay ... the people that have been their longer than you will take over and dont want to show u things and when the team lead comes around that person will make it seen like they are showing you alot and they arent ,,,, slow slow slow
Just stay focused!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INOctober 11, 2018
Just made my first year here at Weston Foods.
Completed my first long term goal,from sanitation to production. Every manager was helpful assisting me with a successful transition.
If you are a conventional worker Weston Foods should be for you.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Non at this time
Fast paced
product packer (Former Employee) –  Front RoyalSeptember 30, 2018
Not a very good place to work if you are not of Spanish decent. The schedule needs work daily it is changing, you could think you're off for 3 days and then next thing you know before you leave you're working 12-hour shifts for the next 4 days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weston Foods. Our community is ready to answer.