Weston Solutions Employee Reviews

Good people,
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILMay 19, 2018
I liked the people I worked with and the ones I interacted with. They had some large contracts while I was there which kept everyone busy. Very interesting work.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Team workplace, dynamic environment
Environmental inspector at Newark Airport (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJ 08837May 14, 2018
A typical day varies greatly depending on the contract. One week can be field work, physical sampling, oversight of removal operations and / or inspections. The next week could be data management, reports, GIS mapping or project planing. Opportunities and projects change quickly you need to be alert to changes to get in the continuing projects.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Scheduling can vary, weekends and night work posible
Not a good company
Drafter/Designer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2018
Stagnant in technological advancement and stubborn to admit it. the management does not seem to be educated. There are technical directors lacking professional certifications with degrees in biology and geography. What a joke!!!
Pros
Na
Cons
Many
Not a bad place to earn experience
Associate Project Scientist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 18, 2018
Don't expect to advance quickly they have extremely strict timeline for advancement and raises are minimal at best.

Working hours are extremely long and a lot of travel is required for this job don't expect to be home more than half the year.

Very good for learning the ins and outs of the business culture is relaxed enough to find time for yourself if you cheat the system a bit.
Summary
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 25, 2018
Large scale remediation company. Lots of EPA funded jobs all across the US. Great support and upper management. Strong environmental group and team.
Poor Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILDecember 14, 2017
Management lacks self confidence and is always looking over their shoulder. Weston nearly went bankrupt on a Taiwan Embassy project maybe 10 years ago and because of that, management is traumatized when making decisions
easy job with little to no pay increases
contractor to DOE LM (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 26, 2017
learned
computer skills
inventory techniques
facilities operations
government operations
Hardest part of the job is trying to complete tasks and deliverables with zero accountability atmosphere makes getting tasks completed very difficult.
most enjoyable part of the job is paid time off and relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
paid time off, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
dont expect to get any raises or promotions for extra accomplishments
Great People to work with
Associate Geoscientist III; Project Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 16, 2017
I loved working for this company. However, we were told not to worry with the new administration coming into office and that our jobs were not in jeopardy by all of the upper management. After spending 10 days working out of town I was called back and told to pack up. The in house management seemed remorseful and the severance package was ok.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Upper managment could be more upfront
Nice Location
Sr. Principal Designer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 22, 2017
Great place to work, nice location & nice working with the design team. Would go back if they get more work. Good benefits very happy there. hope they call me back
Pros
Cons
no work
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
I like the work place and the people. They just did not have enough work to keep me. Everything was done very professional. The work that I did do was rewarding and I learn new thing. The people working there where helpful in educating me on how thing where done. All in all very good education for me.

Want to know more about Weston Solutions?

Ask a question
Solid company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2017
I first came to this company right out of high school due to the fact that my father was the super intendent for the company. Eventually though it was time to move on and do my own thing.
Really Bad
Tradesperson (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAOctober 3, 2016
Worked for the fuels division out of Travis AFB Fairfield, Ca.
My direct supervisor drank on the job daily and was verbally abusive to myself and the rest of the crew. Weston Solutions HR is ignoring my calls and attempts to report this guy.
Pros
Get paid more than you deserve
Cons
No training, everyone acts like they deserve some crazy rate but do nothing, milking the governments money by dragging the jobs out
Great experience
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westchester, PASeptember 19, 2016
This company does a lot to give its employees what they need to work in a productive and comfortable environment. It certainly gave many opportunities to grow and gain valuable experience.
Project Scientist (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 6, 2015
A good place to work with friendly co-workers. Safety is one of the highest priorities. Lots of travel and new experiences.
productive and great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  houston, txJuly 10, 2015
Weston Solutions was a good place for me after retirement. worked part time which is what I requested. I enjoyed working with the people, place and tools.
Pros
people
Cons
noe
temporary hire
operator (Former Employee) –  colorado springs coloradoJuly 7, 2015
went in for the job to get all there stuff done and it was a pretty sweet job I wish that it was full tikme but I really didn't get into thnier whole skeem of things
Pros
worked on base
Cons
temp job
Weston is in financial trouble.
Office (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 20, 2015
Employees have been let go regularly for several years now. Upper management takes care of each other. Many offices have been closed.
UXO tech
UXO TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Makua Valley, HIJanuary 22, 2015
Member of Geo team, escorting and digging on ordnance as needed for grid clearance.Escorting Geo, assisting in UXO item demo.Use of white metal XLT detector,schonstedt, Valen.
A Place to Learn
Assistant Health & Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2014
This job is where I got my start in the safety field with HAZMAT training, working out in the field and being a focal part Incident Command.
Pros
Training and learning field work
Cons
Working out in the heat
Great employer
Senior UXO Supervisor (SUXOS) (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MANovember 2, 2014
Very big on promoting people that they feel are a good fits in the higher position.