Weston United Community Renewal, Inc Employee Reviews

Not so much fun to work here
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2019
Lack structure and leadership skills. Overwork their employees. Don’t pay employees what they are worth. No advancement within the company. No managerial support
Pros
Holiday parties at the end of the year
Cons
Overwork employees
Poor nothing esle for me to say bottom line i dont see how they are still in business
Safety and Support Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2019
Poor leadership and dishonest leadership, staff as well so are the residents I dont have anything else to say about this company the company is bad
Pros
Cons
A lot of bad leadership
Productive, Fun, Learning Environment To work at.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2019
Learned a lot working there. Company serviced those with Mental Health Issues. Being able to assist/help with the daily functions of the clients. As will assist the Company with their Mission for the Community.
Pros
Staff, Events, Assisting
Ok
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2019
Was not a good experience but glad I gained experience. Upper management was not ideal. It was a lot of micro management. The COO was not a good leader. I was overworked and stressed. Lots of gossip.
not a fun place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Would not recommend, can be improved. Better for people in the field, not for inexperienced people with no background for mental illness experience. If going to school for social work great, but if not, sorry.
Poor workplace morale
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
This is a place where you feel you must always cover your butt. HR is sneaky and ignorant and are the managers too. They make you feel like you are always going to get disciplinary warnings. The program director is lazy and talks to the consumers like they are kids. There is a very bad relationship between the managers and other staff and consumers. I would avoid this place at all cost.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Bad pay, no advancement, make you feel like a criminal
Senior staff is way to comfortable. Assistant director is dumb as a bag of rocks.
Safety and support aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
This job is only good for experience after that leave. This isn’t long term. The reason some of the senior staff stay is because they can’t find a job that will let them get away with all their BS.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else
Weston United Community Renewal
MICA Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
My day check and review files to see if they needed to be updated.
I learn to advocate to the fullest for the resident to get them services. I always found management to be helpful. the work place was always collaborative. Hardest part of the job was staying overtime doing a double shift. Knowing I did my best to advocate to get resident services.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
low wages
Overall experience
Program Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Overall Weston United helped me grow as a social worker. There was a lot of room to grow and take on new task . Good place to grow in. I want to be closer to home that is why I am seeking new employment.
Not a job for all people/Stay away if you must
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 28, 2017
Not what is expected after your interview. During the interview, it is great until you are possibly hired and you get into the work mode. The pay sucks. Management suck. Very very unorganized. Other staff have been there for years and had no advancement/real promotion. They are comfortable! Very Very Very Very high turnover...I mean every 3 months turnover... My best advice is to get your experience if needed and get out of there ASAP!!! This is the last and 1 of the top worst social services employers you would like to represent.
Pros
401k match, paid vacation, paid personal, some over-time pay
Cons
Poor management, lazy/confortable staff, no room for growth, other staff think that they are the bosses, but they are not! Too many cheifs not enough indians...very very very high turnover
Wouldnt want to work here on my worst day
Human Resources Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
There is nothing good for me to write about this company except for the great people that i met along the way. Everything else about this company is a dub.
Unprofessional work environment
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Newyork, NYApril 10, 2017
Theres no room for growth. Its best to get your experience and get out. There's a big lack of support. You cant trust anyone. You are always rush. Your talked to like your beneath them. Your given unrealistic deadlines. And most importantly ALWAYS COVER YOUR BUTT!!! because you will be blamed for other people mistakes.
Pros
Employees, decent pay
Cons
Management, no paid lunch, lack of support, extra work
great place to work!
Human Resources Assistant /Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
great place to work. Management are super nice. No one looks over your shoulder. Treats employees well. However, there is lack of structure and organization.
benefits
Cons
lack of structure
Grass is not Always Greener on the Other side
Supported Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
This organization was generally a great place to work until my supervisor left the company. Since then we have merged with another organization and everything is in total disarray. The current leader has no idea what to do and isn't supportive towards the staff.
Pros
Laid Back Work Environment and Open Schedule Planning
Cons
Lack of Communication and Disorganization
Don't Waste Your Time
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 8, 2015
This organization is a huge disappointment, well at least the care coordination department… but from what I’ve seen and heard it is the case all around! SMH…However, the mission statement states one thing and they practice the complete and absolute opposite. I left this organization because of overwhelming stress from MANAGEMENT, with their constant intervening in everything resulting in little or poor work productivity meanwhile sticking to their unrealistic deadlines and penalization of employees, mean while being sure to make no effort to physically help out despite knowing the department is basically working with a skeleton crew and caseloads are close to the hundreds… they’re unorganized, they illegally bill clients insurances and are totally unethical. I haven’t seen one promise fulfilled unless the member was someone who made a lot of complaints. That’s the only way they’ll really got noticed or serviced. Do yourself a big favor and walk the other way because you’ll be wasting your time $40K yearly is not worth the amount of unfairness you’ll experience, especially if you genuinely care about your clients and have set out to really help and make a difference in this field/ community, you’ll just become a target for dumping large caseloads on. Oh yeah, the cherry on top there’s no raises, good luck getting a promoted, field visits come with no security, Training? unheard of… I was only allowed to shadow a coworker for a day then sent out on my own to service members in their homes. They don’t even provide any proper training to teach employees how to defuse intense situations  more... and defend against client attacks in the field. There’s no real training for anything, thank goodness for my coworkers who were a big help and my past experiences in the field. And forget about speaking up or going against them. I can go on for days… SMH this place needs to be shut down and flushed out it’s a big scam!

BTW, the cons of the organization are more than are allowed in that section of this review... just avoid this place by all means.
Pros
Monthly Metro, Paid lunch, Offer healthcare after 3 months, 4O1K after 1yr, Claims to "entirely pay for education" after 2 yrs.
Cons
Management, no supplies, lack ethics, liars, fraudulent, no union, no training for anything, no support, unfair, treated like kids
Disliked working here
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2015
Work environment is very stressful due to management. Work moral is very low and they take their employees for granted. Turnover rate is extremely high, therefor high cases is a norm; easy burnout due to this.
Single Living Residential (SRO)
Assist consumers (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Busy and lots of paper work, medication, staff is cool. don' t have much to talk about or tell just started two months ago.
just bad
Safety Support Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
this company doesn't care about the employees the supervisors dont like each other there is no communication the hardest part of the job is doing everything and more but not getting paid what you deserve its a dead end job
The responsibility of protecting the public and the challenged individuals we serviced was a tremendous experience.
Roving Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
The specialized ACT team with whom I worked and interacted with were a group of outstanding individuals. The program Director was competent and protective of the team. Upper management was meddlesome and out of touch with the needs of a team such as that one and reduced the moral by constantly demeaning the efforts and hard work by a dedicated group of people.
It is still fair to say that the delivery of services to a very difficult population due to the severity of their various mental disorders and substance abuse issues is the most rewarding work of my career thus far.
Pros
Providing quality interventions.
Cons
At times navigating the distances between clients and daily deadlines .
Lack of culture
Confidential (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
Lack of supervision, no job security. The turn around rate is unbelievable, longest standing employee is about two years. Hierarchy have low ethics and values. Agency has lost three programs in two years and appear to be diminishing slowly.
Cons
health care, financial compensation, no job security. low values and ethics. do not practice mission statement.