Westport Public Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Westport
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTFebruary 12, 2017
It was a great school system to work for especially if you are returning to the job force. I loved being a paraprofessional there as I updated my teaching skills for special education.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Not head teacher
My experience
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJuly 21, 2015
Being a new teacher at the time, Westport made it easy for me to complete requirements of TEAM. They also provided me the opportunity to complete training for Responsive Classroom 1.
Fun but serious work environment. Helping the children become better student's and people.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTMay 24, 2012
A typical day involves going to homeroom with the children/child I watch/help/assist. Check for understanding with their schedule(s) class by class. Attend classes with student(s) and observe while helping the teacher, other student's as well as my own. I keep my distance and allow as much independence for the children to interact with classmates. The goals for the children are to be able to perform daily tasks without help. To give as much independence as possible unless needed. I work together with classroom teachers and other para professionals to stay up to date with assignment and subjects. My primary objective, goal, and focus is the student(s) learning. The hardest part of the job is being called upon different assignments with students when I am not givien a quick or full background of the child. I am sometimes used as a multi tool, helping whenever I am needed. I like this because I feel that my education and teaching skills are being used and constantly upgraded due to the experience I am getting. This is what I enjoy about my job, I am learning every day.
Pros
student's are enjoyable, staff and administrators are respectful, and supportive