WestRock

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good work environment.

Helpful co-workers, always willing to educate and help interns/co-ops. My time there was short because it was a Co-Op position, but I would definitely recommend this employer.

Work hard but get paid for it!

I am a former employee at the Solvay Mill. Like most jobs, this place has it’s pros and cons. I will say, YOU get what YOU put in. Training is always offered on and off shift to get more pay per hour. OVERTIME is unlimited. If you end up working here, request to be placed on the BEST line and BEST shift, which is D3. I enjoyed my time there so much that I couldn’t show up for what was to be my last couple of days working because I’m not good at “goodbyes”. This crew is very loving, supportive, COMICAL, and very HARD WORKING. I will forever cherish my time with my guys on D3!

Pros

Make you’re own paycheck.

Cons

Hours

One of the best companies I worked for.

The hours were great and it was a very calm nice environment. It was so peaceful when I worked there, that I started to get creeped out.The only bad thing about the job was sometimes my hands would hurt. I had to quit because my hands were about to get worn out.

Pros

Day goes by fast

Cons

My hands hurt

High earning potential, relatively easy factory work, poor work/life balance

If you are looking to earn a lot of money in a short amount of time and are fit enough for factory work, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a life outside of work, this is not the place for you.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Short breaks, long hours, physically intensive

Poor leadership and employee treatment

Company culture was poor, my division was not considered part of the main stream of the organization so many things were not in place when I joined the organization.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Productive inviroment

Easy jobs good pay and benefits quarterly bonus bad schedule swiching shift day to night every other week messed up with your health and your sleep habit

Pros

Good pay and benefits one week off every months

Cons

Swiching schedules every other week for day to night shift mesed up your health and sleep habits

The management is awful. One month you might work 7 days a week and then be off for the next month.

Strongly advise anyone applying to keep looking. If not you will be after just a few days. The miscommunication is awful. There are no benefits and chance of getting them. If you have a scheduled appointment and provide a doctors note you won’t be able to work that day and be punished for missing a day by not having work for days or weeks after.

Cons

Management. Work load. Benefits.

A lot of hours, but good pay for easy work.

This place is great to work of you are only looking for a paycheck or to support your family. It is very repetitive work and not very exciting as far as purpose goes.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

You meet alot of people there some good and some bad mostly bad

It's okay but it is very hard to be around people that don't give you recognition for doing your work, instead of blaming you for everything. But you do get good benefits and overall.

Pros

They gave free food from time to time

Cons

The working conditions there are horrible, summer time the heat is awful, they only give you fans to keep cool and that doesnt work for me, and alot of my coworkers were not pleased, and if we got out production we weren't awarded for doing a really good job, ungrateful and deceitful people to work for.........

Great team of people

There are some great, highly skilled people that make coming to work a joy. The workload can be a lot, but the team always comes together to get it done.

Pros

Great teammates

Hard on arms

I was fired for not calling in when other don’t call in they are bias and it’s not about how hard you work it’s about who you know utility will burns.

A great place to work with people that work well together.

I was started in payroll, then moved to Reliability when the person I was brought on to cover returned, but as a temp I was only able to work there a year. My only compliant is this regulation that prevents good people from being able to stay.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Out in the middle of no where

Horrible

Was excited to start this job! Started with 6 other people, after 2 weeks I was the only one who had not quit. There is NO training given AT ALL! You come in every day and are completely lost as to what to do. If you ask about training, you are railroaded and given cleaning tasks. So unorganized and just overall horrible!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Everything about this place besides the pay is a con!

Management doesn’t give a &hit about you, this place is built on %ies. Would not recommend working here. If you looking to work 70+ hrs a week and work 6 days a week sometimes 7 and get treated like a number this is the place for you.

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Treat you like garage

Don't recommend

If you don't mind not having a life then by all means come and work here, be prepared to work 12 hours graveyard all the time 6 days a week. Management sucks, it's an easy job, but you are overworked and to stressful money is decent.

Good structure, bad system.

I was glad for the $18 per hour salary but eventually I was pushed out of my job because managers had a short fuse. I really wanted to excel at my job but the system at my location failed me because there was a low tolerance for how inexperienced I was in the warehouse industry.

Pros

Good wages.

Cons

Inexperience a liability.

Repetitive work, it's easy because there are typically no surprises.

It's not my type of work. It's my first time working in a manufacturing role, so I don't want to turn people off at the idea. It's an extremely easy job to be fair.

Pros

Occasionally free meal, focused on safety

Cons

Long hours, no work/ life balance, can get boring

Overall a good company

They always are giving some type of appreciation for employees. The work environment is busy and steady. It’s hard labor but anyone who isn’t lazy can do it.

Pros

Paid lunches and breaks

WestRock Is Great!

I’ve been working with them for almost two years and they’ve been a really great company to work with. The people are very helpful and friendly. Awesome!

Pros

40 minutes break, awesome people to work with, clocking time management is very persistent and accurate.

Cons

None.

Avoid working here at all costs.

Don’t be misled by the pay. It’s not worth it to be treated like a sub-human, or a non-human. If you love working an 8 hour shift and being required to stay for another shift (and this happens 3 out of 5 days a week), then work here. If you love being trained for a new position that pays better and is a better working environment, then management hires someone who “looks the part” and gives them the position instead of you (without talking to you), then work here. If you love working EVERY SATURDAY in the summer, fall, and winter (oh, and spring too) with only 1 day notice for when you HAVE to work the weekend, then work here. Please, for your own sanity and that of your family, RUN AWAY.

Pros

NONE. I am not exaggerating. NONE.

Cons

Management, no promotions, no coworker camaraderie, terrible working environment

Excessive pressure in learning the process

I have heard mixed messages from many other employees past and present as well. Would more fairness towards learning about the job and what it helps towards the environment.

Pros

An average amount of employees are nice

Cons

Shifts are to long

Common questions about WestRock

Answered by current and former employees at WestRock

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestRock. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8
2.9
2.7
2.9

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss