Westrock Employee Reviews

Culture and company has changed.
Sales Project Manager - Display Group (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 19, 2018
Good group of people in general . Lack of management through out the division. Good 401k match. Hardest part of the job was accountablity of others lack of support from managers. Work place culture was good. Company overall has gone through changes and it used to feel like the company cared. Now it feels like you are just a number. Could improve moral and team building .
Pros
Benefits flexible with work schedule for appointments good 401K match
Cons
lack of management, not much room for growth.
Great Culture
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 16, 2018
The company culture is fantastic. The 401k benefits are amazing, but there is no sick time. If you are sick you just have to go without pay. There is also a 30 day waiting period before benefits kick in which is not ideal.
Pros
Paid Lunch, 401k match
Cons
expensive insurance, no sick leave
Poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 15, 2018
I've applied to be a machine operator clear back in February 2018. I had a group interview and was told I would hear back by Friday. I had to call them only to get a generic answer "we went with another candidate." I've applied 3 more times since. Human Resource has been very hostile and non cooperative. This is in Rogers, Arkansas. I feel as though they need new management or at least tell people why they are not a fit instead of wasting their time.
Pros
Cons
Poor management and poor Human Resource
So much drama
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 15, 2018
I worked at WestRock for about a year. During that year I learned a lot about the manufacturing industry that was very interesting. However the drama I dealt with took away from my experience. Very cliquey place to work. If you’re not like them you won’t fit in. One of my co workers tried getting me fired multiple times and was non successful but created a hostile work environment for me in the meantime. My direct manager was also a nightmare to deal with. I don’t suggest WestRock to anyone to work at unless they settled the drama since then. HR was the nicest people you could ever meet though. After I left they helped me with unanswered questions and during my time there they helped me with my problems.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great Company
Structural Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WIApril 14, 2018
I worked as a Structural Design Intern for the Jackson, WI location. The work space is open and very collaborative. It is a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities for learning
First job
Temporary Summer Program (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 14, 2018
This was a summer position and was my first job out of high school. This job gave me insight about manufacturing and the fast pace you must be able to keep up with.
Don’t work for them you will regret
Slave they own you (Former Employee) –  Curtis bayApril 14, 2018
The process to be hired is not good you take a test for an hour then you get an interview then your waiting it takes 3 hours it’s like orientation you should be paid. I’ve seen people get to this point 3 hours in the get called back then get walked out, then when you get started your a slave never get to leave.
Then your all Burt out 73 hours a week have fun been set up to fail!!!!!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Every thing
Not a good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2018
I got sick and put in the hospital for 3 day with in my 90 probation period and they let me go even with me having a doctors note. They don't care about the health of there employees.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
work environment
Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2018
good company to work for. Benefits are outstanding and a good 401k
You will work alot of hours but they reward you with advancement and pay increases
Productive workplace
C-Operator/ Fiberline unit (Current Employee) –  Evadale, TXApril 11, 2018
Nice place to work, good atmosphere. Management involment with employee's. Safety incentives and classes. Yearly OSHA training to help stay safe and keep on tasks.
Pros
Safety incentives
Cons
Better competitive hourly rate
Poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Frenchtown, NJApril 9, 2018
Hours were not compatible with my life as a father and management was poor. Management was not consistent in dealing with all employees fairly. There was no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Paid lunch and vacation days
Cons
No sick days
I had a good experience
Sr. Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2018
I needed to leave Atlanta, but wasn't where WR was, so I could not work remotely per VP. I would have stayed otherwise. If I recommend WR to anyone, it's to people who actually WANT to work. WR is not a place for slackers or for anyone who cannot or will not work at a quick pace. Everyone is overloaded, so you need to be able to handle that and like it. I personally like to be busy - it makes the day go, and I felt needed. I also felt appreciated, and that's a good combination for me.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay, no one breathing down your neck.
Cons
For some, a lot of work; too many systems to learn; not a lot of training
Productive place to work and you get to meet new peoples
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 6, 2018
This was CONCIDER an second job or AND backup for me.. the PAY could always be better, but the extra hours MAKE up for that... I WOULD highly recommend this job for beginners...
great safety culture
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 5, 2018
All levels of employment are involved or are encouraged to be a part of the workplace safety. This empowers employees to be enguaged and thus drives a great culture of safety.
Job pays well, but no life
Assistant Operator/Bander Operator (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHApril 4, 2018
Very fast paced, customer first type job. Pay is quite well, however, you won't have time to spend it since you're there 6 days a week between 8-12 hours a day. If the next shift calls off, be prepared to work an extra 4 hours regardless if you have plans for after work or not. Some management is quite understanding, but there are a few that couldn't sneeze a good idea if they read it off a suggestion form. Place is extremely hot inside due to terrible ventilation coupled with a corrugation machine that kicks off very hot steamed paper. As a new hire that doesn't have a bid job (the place is union), you can and will be subjected to bounce shifts sometimes every week. If you don't mind any of the above, and can handle the stressful, hot work environment, the pay is good.
Pros
pay
Cons
long hours, 6 days a week, hot, stressful, unengaged management
N/a
Cutting Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2018
They care about the people who work for them. They treat people like trash. HR doesn't do what a HR is supposed to do. They dont want you to put family problems first.
Stressful . Dangerous.
Machinist, Shipping Specialist, Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  harrison arMarch 28, 2018
very stressful place to work. Good pay for area but horrible hours and schedule if you are on night shift. Some real jerks work here. High stress. Heartless place.
Total dump
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCMarch 28, 2018
Terrible place to work. The operators and management are awful. That's maybe the worst place ever. I'd kill myself before working there again. Military personnel and people that have been in prison work there. It's slow boring. I mean they make cereal boxes how exciting can that really be. No communication by management or operators they are incompetent.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, atmosphere and you have a lot of uneducated rednecks working there.
It was ok
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 26, 2018
As long as you were clocked in they would have work for you to do. I liked staying busy because it made the day go by faster. Too bad I was just a temp.
It pays the bills but you sacrafice quality of life.
Backtender Dry end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delaware Water Gap, PAMarch 24, 2018
You get paid ok. You are required to work up to 16 hr days with no lunch no breaks . You get vacation days but work with no days off for months at a time. losing your days off in the summer every year.
Pros
Pay checks are good
Cons
No life outside of the mill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westrock. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.