Westrock Employee Reviews

Found 1,278 reviews matching the search See all 1,376 reviews
Management is horrible.
Auditor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 23, 2018
The company is horrible and it won't be better until they change management and supervisors. Not a good place to work but a good place to make money..
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
manament
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 22, 2018
management is very unprofessional, a very hard company to work for it is fast pace work. long hours, the pay is not to bad. it is a safe work place. and clean
Pros
ok pay
Cons
management
Good People to work with.
Plant Manager II (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 22, 2018
Great team to work with and great opportunity to learn how to be successful. I learned a lot about Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement are how to apply those classes to drive key essentials to drive KPI's and how to identify those opportunities.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Work life balance.
Dead end job
Senior AP Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2018
Your work and efforts will never be valued. This is the best place to feel unappreciated. As far as promotion, it will never happen. The best thing to do is kiss the ring and look for another job.
Great Team/Work Environment
Vendor Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 21, 2018
Great team. Management works with team. Great work environment. Great environment if you like to stay busy. Great training. Learned a new system: JD Edwards
Cons
Management in the trenches with employees
Bosses are flexible
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 18, 2018
Management is decent and will work with you on your needs. It is good place to start off with and get different experiences in IT as well customer service skills.
Terrible place to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 17, 2018
Management makes it not work the time at all, they do not know how to task properly, they lack motivation, terrible at advancements. Not work the pay due to management
Pros
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, benefits suck, zero advancement, training was pointless
Stressful
Bobst Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INOctober 16, 2018
Overtime is sometimes 6-7 days a week. You get blamed for stuff that isnt your fault. If you don’t hit rate you get talked to, and if you do well they say they wish you had done better. Pay kind of sucks unless you can get into one of the higher positions but then hours suck.
management makes it worse
electrician (electrical/mechanical ) (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OH 45069October 14, 2018
everything about this job site is hard hot work, and management will make it miserable for everyone on the floor. It is really hard to explain, cause there is a lot of issues; but suffice it to say, it mainly created by management.
Pros
it is a decent temporary job
Cons
management
Just retired, will never look back.
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kimball, TNOctober 11, 2018
I worked for WestRock for over 30 years and they treated me and every other employee I knew as if we were expendable numbers. I don't know why I expected at least an acknowledgement from management that I was retiring, when I received nothing more than a final paycheck. I would not recommend anyone start a career at this company. It changed ownership multiple times while I was there, and the management only ever got worse. My department received a Christmas ham every year as a "bonus". The fact that it was a pork product speaks to the lack of diversity and culture of upper management and the region we live in. Not all religions eat pork-- in 2018, for a company of 10000 employees, it feels tone-deaf to the outside world. I'm glad I'll never have to set foot on their premises ever again.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
poor management, felt invisible unless something was wrong, lack of bonuses
Poor Management/Lack There Of
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 10, 2018
The lack of engagement and knowledge of the management staff is high. The actual 'managers' choose to delegate their roles to employees rather than do them as they should. The employees (as they have no management experience) make decisions based on their personal agendas rather than the companies best interest.
DIE CUTTER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2018
The company of westrock is a good place to work but i personal recomend work here good benefit. The work environment is easy goin and no tu much stress.
Always busy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COOctober 8, 2018
The company was fine but management was less then helpful failing certain job tasks with new workers and the equipment was outdated causing jams in the machines
Pros
Pay
Modern Fortune 200 company
Folding Group (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Great people. Great atmosphere. Modern company. Limited opportunities for advancement. Good pay. Strong culture. Some managers do not develop their employee's futures very well. The employee needs to determine their own goals, then ask for the proper training. Employee reviewing system could use some work. There seems to be no correlation between performance and compensation.
Pros
401K matches, great healthcare packages, bonus packages
Cons
Home office located in difficult place to reach
Fun workplace
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALOctober 6, 2018
It was very calming and not a hard job complete it was only temporary though. And , I would recommend anybody to work there the supervisor and workmen was also, very helpful at times.
Love the company...love the people...pay just didnt afford my drive
In house ink technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 1, 2018
It was a Long drive. The pay was a little low from my experience. The drive was three hours a day for me. I loved the job, and I loved the people and the company. I just couldn't afford it.
Pros
all pros
Cons
the drive
Competitive and corporate...
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILOctober 1, 2018
Was very impressed with the benefits, I don't think you will find another company other than a union that will give you better benefits than Westrock, the management and and HR were some of the most professional people I have ever worked with. Though I felt a little insecure due to the competitiveness of the business my time there at the company was short-lived. again as a truck driver I believe it's one of the better companies out there right now I'm just not a big fan of the corporate structure.
Benefits
Cons
Another Corporate conglomerate
Friendly and Helpful Colleagues in a typical manufacturing environment.
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 30, 2018
My internship with WestRock connected me with managers and colleagues that taught me and allowed me plenty of room to grow. While the facility was outdated, it was well taken care of. Typically the environment was fairly laid back, but firefighting happens every now and again so overtime was sometimes an issue for some employees.
Cut throat environment.Poor management
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 30, 2018
Mismanagement. Playing favorites or you are out. 60+ hours a week. MUST work 45 out 52 weekends in a year or you are fired. Toxic environment with co workers envious all the time.
Pros
11 holidays off
Cons
Too many to list
Productive Work Place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 27, 2018
Great place to interact with others, very friendly, and feels like home. Great pay! Simple but time consuming work that can be handled if you pay attention and take your time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westrock. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss