Westrock
57Below average

Westrock Employee Reviews

United States1,903 reviews
Found 1,903 reviews matching the search
Productive and good people to work with
in my 9 years of working there it was good pay and never had an issue taking time off, coworkers made the job doable. Some days i miss it there because of my coworkers. All in all if you can put up with lack of benefits, this place isn't so bad
Suck bad management
Favoritism job over other workers they don't do nothing for there workers and they stay in your face over the littles thing some act funny they treat you like kids the people are rude the management is bad boring job u can't go to your own car on break just to get peace
Do not recomend
You can do better. It's dirty hot unpredictable unreliable and unreasonable amount of ppe is required. This review is unnecessary because they only hire through Elwood staffing which could be a whole other negative review and you will be a disposal temp for 5 years min. At least 99% turnover rate. The leads are good but management isn't. Low pay poor treatment.
Worst Job I Ever Had
This is by far the worst job i have ever had. If all you want is long days, no time off, constant harping to do more for productivity with all of the old and out dated equipment. Then that is what you will get.
Pros
decent pay for the education
Cons
everything about it
Great people to work with.
I enjoyed working with my customers and the people at Westrock. Very family work environment. I enjoyed the daily challenges and knowing I was helping my customers achieve their goals.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Id love to work there again.
This job was hard, fun, dangerous, but kept to manage to keep it safe for me and my friends. This was not an easy job. Sometimes it rains broken glass in that building! From what I remember you need to get better quality control at that particular facility (Portland) but things may have changed since then. Loved working for westrock would love to work there again.
Gone down hill
Ask any operator that has been there for years if a place opened up across the street and would match everything only a handful of people would show up tomorrow
Management does NOT respect their operators opinions if a machine is broke but will still run it will stay broke standard 2 weeks of training then your on your own
Terrible.
What a absolutly terrible experience. The worst two years of my professional life. Thankfully, I'm certain I'll never experience anything like Westrock every again.

Westrock is cliquish, childish, lost, and inhumane. Leadership cohorts resemble dictatorships; banishing, abrupt, cruel, warlike, and blood-thirsty.

Pay is competitive, several chances to travel, and possibly live in other parts of the world. However, you'll pay for it in spades. My suggestion: go travel the world on your own dime.

For those who like to play the schizophrenic, delusional, heartless corporate "game"... Westrock is a PERFECT fit.

Everyone else...run for the hills. I cannot emphasize that enough. Run. Run right now. As fast as you can.

Don't let the salary, the promises, the foolishness and sillyness lure you in.

RUN.

Don't believe me? Go work there for a year. You'll be sorry you ever did.
Good place to work if you dont have a family
One tract mind making boxes during covid pandemic they said they were reducing overtime to help adjust for loss of volume but posted OT the next day. Didnt offer flexibility with school closings and even technically cut my job during the volume loss and still werent flexible No emergency time off just about them.
great work environment and good leadership
My experience with this company was great. They were patient in training and maintained a positive, family-type atmosphere. The work was not difficult, occasional longer hours during peak seasons.
Great work environment with a team oriented staff.
My manager was always clear on what was expected of me and kept me busy with different projects so it never got boring. Even though I was a temporary employee everyone treated me with respect and kindness from the first day to the last. I never felt rushed or under pressure to complete tasks that were assigned to me. I was trusted to get the job finished correctly. Management often congratulated everyone on specific goals we had met and would show their appreciation with catered lunches, awards, certificates or recognition in some way. I learned a lot about teamwork and what that accomplishes when everyone works toward a common goal. The hardest part of the job was having to leave on my last day as a temporary employee...I just enjoyed working at WestRock so much.
Pros
Office was well air conditioned, clean facilities, lunch room w/TV.
Cons
Temporary employment position. Lunch break was too short.
Position eliminated
Shortly after westrock took over my company my position was eliminated. Not enough to do in my job because capital was cut by westrock. Job had potential before that.
Place is unique!
Their management is actually good! The people there though are "cliquish". Reminded me of High school. Stay off of night shift! They are
horrible! Day shift was good, but nights sucks! Dispatcher's on nights

have no patience for anything, and plus it's not normal fork lift operations there at all. A lot of their products are not on pallets, skids or gay-lords. Warehouse is a total mess! No room there at all! Computer/scan software they use is outdated and old and very confusing. No social atmosphere at all, people are dull to work with. There is some down time, but not much. 12 hour nights can be tough, but it's always busy, normally 12 hour shifts you get 4 breaks, they only give you 3 breaks! Not traditional fork lift operations at all! Very few there are helpful.....it's a strange place to work. Really was. I'm glad they let me go after 90 days! God awful! They have a very difficult time keeping fork lift operators on nights!
Its a cool place to work
NONE !! I have some good and bad to say but I'm not saying, for the most part it's pretty cool working there I have a lot of good friends that I left there
Best company ever. It totally up to you to make what you want
Sorry not still there. Great management and co workers. Great pay and the buy lunch every weekend you work. And they give out tickets to games every so often.
West rock
There standards are way high but benefits we're good. But the bosses were a little disrespectful to there employees, alot of it was lack of communication amongst one another on different shifts.
Diverse strong company to work for.
Diverse, strong company to work for. A lot of opportunity for advancement in the IT department. Company is very large, so be aggressive and look for opportunities to advance.
Lots of Work - No Reward
Worked hard to ensure that HR was updated and that everybody had correct pay rates that were overdue by 6+ months. Upper management didn't care and they always acted like they were doing best by their employees but they weren't.
Reliable job,
Met great people. Great friendships. Reliable company with great pay. I really like the opportunity for advancement. I started off as a fifth hand and moved up to Training to be a paper tester in a year and a half. If I didn't have something extremely tragic happen at that time in my life I believe I would've retired there. That's how great I loved it here at Westrock.
Inspector
Feed gluer fill cartons in the feeder fill up glue inspect glued cartons and box out finished products and put boxes on a pallet and adjust the gluer when needed
Don’t work there if you want a life
Worked there for 5 years they don’t care about the workers all they care about is production and if there a machine problem they blame operators and they don’t fix anything they just want to run
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westrock. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.