Westside Children's Center Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Lead Teacher: Head Start (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 25, 2018
busy days at work but so worth it as you learn and experience so much development through out the week. management is there to support you and the hardest part was the drive.
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
too far
Worst professional experience of my life, authoritarian boss
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 28, 2017
Run as far away from this place as possible. I learned that it's best to trust your intuition. I knew that working for my manager
would be a terrible choice since she was clearly highly strung and narcissistic. What I did not know was that she was abusive, toxic, and cruel. Definitely mentally ill. It took me a long time to recover from her abuse.
Pros
Nice therapists and sweet teacher.
Cons
Everyone lived in fear of the head woman. Nightmarish.
Great Teachers, Children and Families!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 14, 2017
Great Teachers, Leadership group for teachers to join and help plan policy to enhance the culture of the center, Wonderful Families, Children. Reasonable work hours Lots of paperwork.
Pros
1 hour Lunch Break
Cons
2 10 min breaks
Excellent Career Experience
In-Home Outreach Counselor (IHOC) (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 23, 2017
A typical day at this agency involved visiting client families at their homes and conducting a needs assessment, investigate child abuse allegations, work with the family and teach effective communication skills, and provide family counseling. I learned how to work with the family as a system, and learning the different roles that people play within such a system. The management of the organization was effective in connecting the agency to any resources that were needed. The workplace culture of the agency was relaxed and informal. The hardest part of the job was having to travel to areas that did not feel safe. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with families and getting to know and understand their dynamics.
Pros
Getting to know and working with families.
Cons
Not feeling safe in some neighborhoods.
They serve a tremendously important demographic in Los Angeles!
Contract Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2015
The mere thought of the astounding level of child services offered by WCC brings tears to my eyes. So many children have been loved and cared for by the efforts of the staff at WCC.
Helpful Caring Company
Adoptions Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 13, 2014
Best company I have worked for by far. As a non profit organization they really take pride in helping families who are going through difficulties with their children.
What I most enjoyed
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 5, 2014
I really enjoyed working with children at Westside Childern's Center. The most enjoyable part of the day is circle time. I love to sing with my students every day.
An agency that gets it
In Home Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 6, 2013
Westside Children's understands the basic needs of families and strives to help families any way they can. It is a great place to work and will inspire you to do good!
Compassionate working within the community
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver CityFebruary 29, 2012
They drive themselves to be different working within the community

Excellent child development curriculum and class for the families in the community

Excellent trainings
Pros
excellent trainings, wonderful staff

Want to know more about Westside Children's Center?

Ask a question