WESTSTAR Employee Reviews

Would not work here ever again
Swamper/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAJune 11, 2019
Bad management they treat you like you are dirt. Talk one thing in your face then do the total opposite behind your back. Chances of getting a raise is rare as a red moon.
Pros
The refrigerator
mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAJune 24, 2018
good place to start learning but never a place to stay. pay sucks. management sucks, temp first then hires on to full time. if your working on a truck and its a d.o.t problem they will have a driver pick it up while your working on it
Pros
laid back
Cons
dont look for a pay rasie or to move you pay up
Great Place to work
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAApril 17, 2018
I have been here for 4 months. The job is challenging at times but what a great place to work. Family Orientated where you have a good work and family balance. Everyone works together to meet goals, there are no separate agendas. The management is very approachable and gets any issues resolved quickly. This is a great place for a young individual trying to get experience in a career field of transportation.
Pros
flexible shifts
Turning the corner
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAApril 16, 2018
I'm new to Weststar and have so far been very impressed with the company. The current staff is highly competent and more than willing to help each other out in order to get the job done. Management is motivated, fair, and looks to provide everyone with the tools they need to succeed. I've been encouraged to take the initiative and make changes and improvements where needed. I see a real career path here and I'm happy to be part of this team.
Great Company- Happy to be here
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAApril 16, 2018
Weststar has been in business for 30 years and after having worked here for a year, I can see why it has been so successful! The environment is fast paced which is great and everyone here has a great rapport with one another. The management team is very collaborative and open to suggestions/input from staff. What I have been most impressed by is the Work/Life balance this company affords me.
Pros
Office closes at 4:30
Cons
No Starbucks in Shafter.
Great Place to Work
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I started at Weststar last year and was pleasantly surprised by the environment. The management team was extremely welcoming and has a great vision in place continuing to grow this already successful business. The company culture is great, the work is fast paced and there is never a dull moment. Very happy to have found Weststar.
Pros
Team Enviornment, Fair Pay, Great Benefits
If not a family member your don’t get in
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CADecember 29, 2017
If you’re not a family member they don’t even proses your application that’s how low life they are they dump your application in the trash don’t waste your time applying there
Disjointed
Supervisor/safety rep (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAApril 14, 2017
Everyone in management has their own agenda. Communication is minimal at best. A bunch of parts working independently towards different goals. Morale is low across the board. Compensation doesn't match expectations. Has potential to be great, sadly, which may never be realized.
Pros
Benefits are not horrible
Cons
Unqualified management, low morale, wages
Daily
Office Manager/Field Representive (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAFebruary 6, 2016
My role required a lot of teamwork support. Fortunately the people are from everywhere and thus have a different work ethic.
manegment needs to work on cumunications with drivers
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAMay 8, 2015
just didn't feel part of the company felt like just a number. management does not communicate with drivers. liked all my co-workers
Productive and competitive workplace
Accounts Receivable Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Prepared invoices for the first 7 hours of the day and then for the last hour balanced my invoice totals with an excel spreadsheet and the company program. I learned good communication skills and excellent numerical computation skills along with learning a little about truck driving using an online truck driving simulation. Management was excellent and they implemented a program called vital factors which for me instilled a competitive nature in the workplace for accuracy, safety and following procedure.
Pros
Good wages and yearly bonus. Great management
Cons
Distance
its a good place to work for a truck driver
swamper (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAJanuary 6, 2015
first thing in the morning inspect the truck regular DOT. then take off to work make deliveries or clean up pipes.
I learned a lot of hand communication and learned how to drive straight trucks and got my class A license.
management is not so good poor management
about 90% of the coworkers are really outgoing and cool to talk to and they all work as a team when you have a question or a problem.
the hardest part of the job is getting used to working 12-14hrs but rather than that its not so difficult.
the most enjoyable is going out of town on the job.
Pros
free luches and good co workers
Cons
no benefits for any swampers
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shafter CaDecember 20, 2013
I am not giving this review because I am bitter which I am but I have not worked for a worse place. the management is horrible. No instruction or leadership. They will pay as little as possible to all employees including management regardless of experience or ability to perform duties. benefits are horrible and useless.
Excellent Learning Experience
Certified Crane Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CASeptember 24, 2013
I learned alot at Weststar. I learned how to be a professional truck driver and crane operator that can handle any obstacle out in the field alone.
Pros
Unlimited hours and income
Cons
To many hours, lack of compassion from employer.
Fast pace and accurate at all times
Call center Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Shafter caDecember 22, 2012
It was a good job I loved the fact that I had to deal with different people and I would always work hard to make sure the customers received what they wanted at the expected time
Great place in that it is a personally owned small buusiness.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  5670 East Lerdo HwyMay 3, 2012
This compay pays great, But all I can remember was being overly worried of being fired at any second for the smallest of things.
Pros
comfortable office space
Cons
no vending machines, not allowed to leave the premises on your breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESTSTAR. Our community is ready to answer.

WESTSTAR Reviews by Location