Westwood College Employee Reviews

Associate Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Being able to provide students, who are truly determined to their education, with the resources they needed to either maintain their lifestyle or required assistance to stay enrolled and/or motivated was truly rewarding.
Amazing Organization that is gone from our community
Dir. of Career Services/Business Development Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2018
Westwood College was a training ground for a thousands of graduates who are doing exceptionally well in their career as well as hundreds of employees who are making a difference in their fields.
Pros
Culture, Salary, Staff Morale, and Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Company closed which caused lots of people to be out of work.
Atmosphere is so relaxed , layed back people and personable.
Faculty (Former Employee) –  4232North Freeway .FW, Tx 76137April 25, 2018
Management was approachable , very polite , respectful with their staff and students . It has open door policy and can approach or raise concern at anytime with your manager as long as they are not on conference call. Organized when administrative assignment is given ahead of time to staff to accomplish . Schedule is posted early.
School closed
Education Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
The school closed right after I graduated. I am still fighting with them and they are so bad. I cannot stand them. the only thing that came out of them was the friendships I received.
Diffrent Every Day
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2018
Have to be able to deal with disrespectful students at any given time some students may try to get you to do their homework but most of the students are cool and so are the teachers.
Loved working with the Students!
Assistant Program Director/ Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2018
Without the students one would not have an employment opportunity with the company, they are the very reason that many of us showed up! Not only did we teach them they taught us about life!
Westwood ran like a business not a school
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 17, 2018
Loved the people there and at first it was exciting being part of the ground floor, establishing curriculum, standards and getting equipment for the Graphic design dept. But each year the budget would get cut because they wanted to build another school. It was like they were trying to recreate the wheel. As if a tech school had never done this before. Alta Colleges, the parent company insisted on coming out with the latest trend degrees like: Criminal justice, or construction then they cut the Nursing program half way through student's degree. Bad move, as if we don't need Medical Careers.
It was a juggle not knowing what I was going to teach the next term until about 5 days before. I taught 14 different classes.
Pros
Lots of freedom designing curriculum
Cons
Not enough compensation and poor management style on the upper management levels.
I did not work at Westwood College, I was a Student
Paralegal Studies (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMarch 14, 2018
I did not work at Westwood College, I was a student. The school was top notch, I am sad the Government shut down all the trade schools and left the students with worthless degrees and student loan debt.
Instructor's day
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2018
Classroom management, take attendance, lecturer, give exams grade papers. Great workplace environment.

The best rewarding part was seeing the students excel.
benefits
Cons
Salary
Great work place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Company was great to work for the training was amazing, they send us to Denver for 1 week and made sure we where well trained and ready to give our students the best service possible as well as the best product knowledge to make sure we assist the students with the best Customer service possible. sad thing was we started having talks of closure so had to start looking before it affected me.
Very Productive stress ,free
ASST. DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Westwood College it gave me the chance to enter act with other people who were trying to help others out like I was when I was a young student myself & gave me the chance to improve myself
Pros
Discount on college classes
Cons
the closed the onlie campus here in the springs
Poor Opportunity
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 5, 2018
I was an online enrollment counselor. I would make between 100-200 phone call to prospective students all over the country. I would have to close them on the idea of a $80,000 technical degree online.
Retention after 2 weeks was about 70% and about 10% after 6 weeks.
Great college
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2018
Company ran out of Federal funding and closed it doors at 18 schools nationwide. Typical day involved making phone calls to prospective students and then inviting them in for interviews. The environment was laid back back and sometimes very fast paced. Quota were implemented for each class start date. I was able to achieve my goals for each start class
Pros
Cons
Went out of Business
Friendly colleagues and supportive staff
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2018
Worked as a teacher of Graphic Design (Portfolio Preparation and Presentation) as well as English and Art History. Adult classes of great students made teaching fun.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Long commute
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Not a typical work day. No manager or supervisor to monitor, I am on my own. I can work independent, no team effort. Culture is friendly, computer always breaks down.
No balance
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  River Oaks, ILJanuary 4, 2018
What I learned working in corporate education is that the students were my greatest assets, however, they were treated very unfairly in this organization. Trying to balance between what was good and ethical and what was my job created undue stress on my professional life as an instructor.
So sad this school closed
Christina Guzman - Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 2, 2018
This was an awesome place to work. I felt that management really cared for their staff and for their students. They made sure that students were given the tools to succeed, offering free tutoring by instructors, a limited class size to ensure that students success, and the ability to talk to the Dean or President if they felt their problems were unresolved. The staff was great. Very encouraging and willing to help others and they supported each other both personally and professionally.
this was my own business so i was perfect
Worked freelance (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2017
it is not fair i rate this company as i am the ceo. and now i have to fill my 150 word minimum. you are more than welcome to laff at this as it is rating a school that closed and i was working on my on while tending classes
Westwood college
Assistant Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
Westwood College is no longer existing anymore. The school closed down in 2016. I was able to graduate from Westwood college. I was able to work for them while school.
I loved it there
NEW STUDENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  ToreanceDecember 7, 2017
Working at Westwood College as a Student Advisor was great. I only left because my major was Criminal Justice and I wanted to work in my field. We always had student activities going on which made the job fun.
Pros
Great enviornment, Free Food, Fun Activities
Cons
Benefits weren't as great as a county job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westwood College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight