WeWork Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Community Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, NYDecember 13, 2018
I’ve worked for WeWork for 3yrs it wasn’t worth it I started at $15.00 an hour and didn’t get a raise until the 3rd year which was only a $1 wework is not a good place to work they over work you and the pay isn’t good enough your job is harder than the other positions yet you get paid less then everyone else wework doesn’t treat employees very fair when we got a raise everyone raise was different they tell you not to tell anyone they say that there’s room for advasment that’s only if your an butt kisser management all they do is sit on there butt all day with there laptop and order stuff with the company card for themselves every wework building has different rules which is not fair they have beer on tap and tell the csas they can’t drink but management party’s all day drinking what kind of example is that wework also has workers that are union which get paid more than csas but they do less work than csas it’s just not a good company at all
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over work you pay sucks
I wouldn't
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
I do not recommend to my friends. WeWork is mis-managed by the C-suite and is growing to fast to value and care for its employees. If you value productive working environments, stay away from this toxic one.
Room for Development
Community Lead, Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
WeWork is a growing company and if you are interested in the opportunity of potential growth within a short about of time than this company is for you.
construction division
Superintendent (Interior Finishes) (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 24, 2018
the unique design of each location was a fascinating experience to participate in
I did not work at Wework but helped to bring to life the design of their locations
Very racist
Community Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
African American's are mainly given the cleaning jobs or jobs behind the seen. Very seldom management positions or positions that are visible to the public upon first arrival. Wework is catered to young Caucasian individuals and the business is more focused on money money money and getting it at any cost, especially off the backs of the low paid black's that actually keep the business running. Anything goes at wework for the customers, management is more focused on watching the staff (via multiple camera's throughout the building) than cutting down on the down right disgusting actions of the tenants. As long as the African American housekeepers are around to pick up behind the filthiness that goes on, the staff are fine with it (and again, non of which are of Caucasian decent). If you are a Trump supporter than this is probably the ideal place for you, however, for all others, just be conscious of the hard work that goes on behind the seen by the housekeepers.
We work was cool and different to work for
FACILITIES OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 18, 2018
I would go back if things changed some. I really enjoyed the team building things we did as a company but I had some issues with new management and he rarely worked with us
Fun place to work.
Community Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
Teamwork is everything at WeWork and I enjoyed my time working for the company. Good starting pay and room for advancement! Exciting times at the company events as well..good memories!
Pretty office, but toxic
MEMBER BILLING/PROCESSING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
While the offices are beautiful, the people can be awful. It is similar to a cult where if you don't follow what the head says, you will be shunned. I worked so hard and was never fully treated like I was worthy and constantly felt like I was going to be fired for not being social enough.
Pros
free food, nice office
Cons
cult-like atmosphere, poor management
The members was very nice
Csa (Former Employee) –  South station BostonOctober 14, 2018
The management team was one sided. You work your behind off and it goes unnoticed. They tell you there is room too grow and there really isn't. The members made going to work worth while but when it came down too the community manager it was a disaster she never made sure we had everything we needed. The ice machines will break and it took her weeks to get it fixed and a whole list of everything else.
Pros
Members are wonderful
Cons
Poor manangement
Wework in a whole, its culture and values, phenomenal! Unfortunately, the folks managing the teams are a misfortune. CSA mistreated. No expansion.
Community Service Associate (slave) (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYOctober 13, 2018
My experience and treatment at wework was unfair and unjust by the managers. I've asked to relocate and was told so many times, "NO"! It wasn't possible.
If it wasn't for the members, I would have bounced a long time ago. The members were the beat in my heart. They kept me alive and coming back.
Pros
Getting acquainted with the members. Developing close relations with some team members.
Cons
Managers.. teammates.. HR.. no movement.. no recognition..
Wants to create a world where everyone can work differently but collectively however they dont think much about their bottom workers
Community Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Wework is so fast paced that they move on before actually fixing existing problems just to make another buck. The hours are good the starting pay for my particular position as a Community Service Associate is a good start however there isnt much advancement from that position unless you are a favorite. I have seen people cheat their way to the top if they deem it necessary while i worked the right way to get things done and have gotten nowhere. They would first invest in a billion dollar invention that they may not ever actual put into production, than give pay raises to their hourly workers. They have in fact did do just as I stated in that order. I didnt experience this but others i know well enough work long hours almost as if it is their job 24/7 for little to no pay. No overtime if you are salaried either so that isnt a bonus. CSA's only being judged from an outsider to determine if they deserve a bonus or not.
Pros
Decent start pay, guarenteed full 40 hour weeks, 16 days of vacation, As well as 10 days of sick time
Cons
Lack the ability to organize themselves, dont train people well enough in their new role, irrelevant things before taking care of their employees needs first
fun work place
Community Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
At we work its a long and intense day but I always manage to finish and start my day with a positive attitude, everyone in there is grate and also have grate attitudes.
Pros
everything is perfect about this job
Cons
n/a
Management is terrible.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 24, 2018
Adding to the reviews that mention how terrible the management teams are. GMs are inexperienced and inept, and as a result, are rude & unprofessional.
Pros
Lovely spaces
Cons
Terrible management
Manipulative & high-stress
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 9, 2018
While WeWork is a very creative, energetic and inspiring place to work, the way the management is ran and the lack of experience they have has made it a very unsustainable employee environment.
productive and fun workplace
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 1, 2018
Wework is so diverse and fun. Also a worthy experience, everyone there is very nice and welcoming and always willing to help if needed. There is a little room where you can have personal phone calls and eat your lunch in there too.
Pros
New snack every Monday morning, free lunch
Cons
short break
Not what the hype is all about
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2018
This company cannot sustain its growth in a way that allows its employees to get promoted. Just because this appears to be a start up, it is now so far from it. They are being forced to hire outside management because they do not develop their current managers effectively enough to promote from within. The overall culture has been tarnished. It is very much a "corporate" company and be prepared to keep your ideas quiet. It used to be welcome in this company, as with most start ups, but if you speak up, you might as well exile yourself. Do your self a favor, go to a WeWork, network and find one of its member's companies to work for. Also, note how much the WeWork employees are face down in there computers and don't get lunch breaks. Don't worry, a recruiter or during the interview process, they will say "some people just can't handle the startup life" and remember, WeWork is not a startup. They are worth over $20 billion.
Pros
You meet cool people!
Cons
Read my review
Cool atmosphere with amenities for the members and community team.
Community Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2018
Love/hate relationship with WeWork but I would definitely recommend this job. In my time working there, it was a cool experience. Met some cool and interesting individuals there. They have cool events as well. That's always a plus, LOL.
Great Culture
Sr. Development Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
WeWork is a fast growing and has an energetic mix of young and older employees, with locations around the world that as an employee you have full access to. The hardest part is finding a good work life balance, this is talked about regularly but is is hard to achieve.
Pros
Free beer and food.
Cons
Too many meetings
Poor work-life balance
manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
The company has mandatory retreats and late night meetings. Good company if you are 25 years old and don't want to have a social life outside of the company.
Amazing Company
Community Lead - Operations (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2018
It's been an amazing 3 years working here. I've met so many people and made countless friends. We are changing the world and how people work every day!
Pros
Fun culture, Mission driven.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeWork. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at WeWork.

Powered by Comparably