WeWork Employee Reviews

The members was very nice
Csa (Former Employee) –  South station BostonOctober 14, 2018
The management team was one sided. You work your behind off and it goes unnoticed. They tell you there is room too grow and there really isn't. The members made going to work worth while but when it came down too the community manager it was a disaster she never made sure we had everything we needed. The ice machines will break and it took her weeks to get it fixed and a whole list of everything else.
Pros
Members are wonderful
Cons
Poor manangement
Wework in a whole, its culture and values, phenomenal! Unfortunately, the folks managing the teams are a misfortune. CSA mistreated. No expansion.
Community Service Associate (slave) (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYOctober 13, 2018
My experience and treatment at wework was unfair and unjust by the managers. I've asked to relocate and was told so many times, "NO"! It wasn't possible.
If it wasn't for the members, I would have bounced a long time ago. The members were the beat in my heart. They kept me alive and coming back.
Pros
Getting acquainted with the members. Developing close relations with some team members.
Cons
Managers.. teammates.. HR.. no movement.. no recognition..
fun work place
Community Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
At we work its a long and intense day but I always manage to finish and start my day with a positive attitude, everyone in there is grate and also have grate attitudes.
Pros
everything is perfect about this job
Cons
n/a
Management is terrible.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 24, 2018
Adding to the reviews that mention how terrible the management teams are. GMs are inexperienced and inept, and as a result, are rude & unprofessional.
Pros
Lovely spaces
Cons
Terrible management
Manipulative & high-stress
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 9, 2018
While WeWork is a very creative, energetic and inspiring place to work, the way the management is ran and the lack of experience they have has made it a very unsustainable employee environment.
productive and fun workplace
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 1, 2018
Wework is so diverse and fun. Also a worthy experience, everyone there is very nice and welcoming and always willing to help if needed. There is a little room where you can have personal phone calls and eat your lunch in there too.
Pros
New snack every Monday morning, free lunch
Cons
short break
Not what the hype is all about
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2018
This company cannot sustain its growth in a way that allows its employees to get promoted. Just because this appears to be a start up, it is now so far from it. They are being forced to hire outside management because they do not develop their current managers effectively enough to promote from within. The overall culture has been tarnished. It is very much a "corporate" company and be prepared to keep your ideas quiet. It used to be welcome in this company, as with most start ups, but if you speak up, you might as well exile yourself. Do your self a favor, go to a WeWork, network and find one of its member's companies to work for. Also, note how much the WeWork employees are face down in there computers and don't get lunch breaks. Don't worry, a recruiter or during the interview process, they will say "some people just can't handle the startup life" and remember, WeWork is not a startup. They are worth over $20 billion.
Pros
You meet cool people!
Cons
Read my review
Cool atmosphere with amenities for the members and community team.
Community Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2018
Love/hate relationship with WeWork but I would definitely recommend this job. In my time working there, it was a cool experience. Met some cool and interesting individuals there. They have cool events as well. That's always a plus, LOL.
Great Culture
Sr. Development Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
WeWork is a fast growing and has an energetic mix of young and older employees, with locations around the world that as an employee you have full access to. The hardest part is finding a good work life balance, this is talked about regularly but is is hard to achieve.
Pros
Free beer and food.
Cons
Too many meetings
Poor work-life balance
manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
The company has mandatory retreats and late night meetings. Good company if you are 25 years old and don't want to have a social life outside of the company.
Amazing Company
Community Lead - Operations (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2018
It's been an amazing 3 years working here. I've met so many people and made countless friends. We are changing the world and how people work every day!
Pros
Fun culture, Mission driven.
wework
Community Lead (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 29, 2018
- words of management do not match actions of management
- team is not united locally
- 9+ hour workdays with little to no breaks
- decent pay/sales bonus structure
- opportunity to travel
- lots of company growth expected
Pros
lots of free food
Cons
lots of free food
Fun place to work.
Ladders for Leaders Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
Good place to work with a great environment and very fair structure. Very well balanced between work and leisure, and provides all the work-space essentials one would want.
Terrible
Community Service Associate, CSA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
I was physically looked down by the manager, discriminated and overworked because of some reasons he never open to me. He judged me without asking me about myself and placed me different from every-other employees.
Fun to work but stressful, AP department is a mess
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
Accounts Payable is a mess, unorganized, unstructured, too much stress. The AP manager has no idea what she is doing. NO TRAINING AT ALL. Poor management, lack of work life balance, and cut throat tactics, especially in the AP department.
Fun workplace, terrible management
Community Management Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2018
WeWork is very fast paced and can be a fun working environment, but also very disorganized. They often have very young managers and advancement is limited. High turnover. People leave or get fired very indiscriminately.
Pros
Free food, alchol
Cons
Long hours, mandatory after hours events. Poor management. No growth.
Awesome Opportunity
Finance & Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
For a startup company, it was an awesome experience working with WeWork. I learned the ropes of startup companies being able to see how easily things can change. How problems were being solves with new innovative ways since it was a new company new problems would come to light every day.
Fun Until it Wasn't...
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
Depending on the luck of the draw you could wind up loving your job, OR, during one of WeWork's weekly re-orginizations, you can get stuck with a new manager who is more than likely your age, possibly younger, who thinks they are holier than thou and without any justification, other than simply not liking you, they can fire you after years of hard work and dedication
Pros
Fun perks, good friends
Cons
Poor Management, daily changes to job duties, long hours
Low Pay, But Amazing colleagues
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
There is a ton of political culture and lack of advancement, especially for minorities. I would work here for 1 to 2 years and then leave for the resume boost. A ton of turn-over and management who are unwilling to learn basic best-practices. I was also being paid less than colleagues who had less experience than myself so make sure to do your homework before applying here.
Pros
Good offices
Cons
compensation
a bit intensive, but overall a fun place to work
Community Services Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 1, 2018
Fun place to work at. Very bright and positive environment with a seemingly great balance between leisure time luxuries and hard work. The work load is a bit intensive, especially for the night crew, but the company makes sure they show their appreciation in both small and large ways. A place where socialization and teamwork fuel the fire to new beginnings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeWork. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight