WeWork Employee Reviews

Cleaning
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
Hello I'm a team leader good at cleaning been in the business for six years friendly work good I clean school home office on time we'll represent move to all bought
No integrity.
Community Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2019
Awful management, a terrible organization used to get rich quick by owners. Company misused funds in excess after repeated attempts to inform about behavior. Treated cleaning staff so bad they went on strike. Hired young, unintelligent people.
Not for everyone
Facilities Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2019
I worked here for a little over a year. At first it was a great place to work but if you do not buy into their way or their “culture” you will get treated differently. They have a event called Summer Camp and it’s all about drinking and doing drugs at a concert in a field where you sleep in tents. I decided not to go because I do not drink and when everyone got back from the “retreat” I was treated differently and ignored by management. The advancement at this company is poor as well, I was acting the role that I was supposed to advance into without pay and then told that I didn’t have the experience to officially have it.
Feared Going to Work
Community (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 3, 2019
The days are structurally 11 hours long if you are in management. You are obligated to put WeWork first and your life second. At the same time, the C-Suite dictates your lifestyle in a cult of personality. This includes dictating your diet, a strong tech-bro culture, and a "be the best or go some where else" employment mentality.

The workforce is young and inexperienced which make it nearly impossible to manage them and the job and scope is ever changing so it is hard to prioritize. This has been the single worst point of my career and I am active looking to leave as quickly as possible without harming my family or livelihood.

I would not want any friend to ever work at this company.
Hyper-growth & Fast-paced
Supply Chain / Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Exposure to tech culture at a more developed start-up company, things are constantly changing (must be adaptable), lack of processes and proper tools, many inefficiencies, questionable work-life balance, fun co-workers makes work environment more enjoyable, CEO has good intent & vision- carrying out that vision itself is a bit more difficult given structure of company and team development/expansion. Overall, good experience but has major room for improvement.
Really fun space to work
Community Service Associate (Former Employee) –  25 BroadwayJanuary 31, 2019
I had a fun time working and getting to know the people that worked in my floor. I had a hard time however since I was told to take care of three floors on Sundays and sadly my team members weren't helpful to maintaining the floors on Fridays. So i had to do the best I could and I eventually was let go since I was a part-time worker.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
on feet the whole time
Summer job that's the one I have before
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  In scarsdaleJanuary 19, 2019
It is a good place to work if there wanna be u a full time job nothing wrong with that's u can take care ur family will good I need something new I make a life for my kids
Ok work place
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Company is lack of management _ they have no direction
they need to hire more ppl with experience and less millennials as they have no sense of directions.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
"Startup" company that takes advantage of a young workforce
Community Associate and Events Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2019
The work culture at WeWork immediately comes off as "cool" and "startup-y" but the truth is they take employees fresh out of college, keep them happy with beer on tap and mac laptops, and leave them to their own devices. With 50+ hour workweeks, mandatory Monday night meetings, and all the emphasis on the Sales Leads, this is a job to stay away from if you have any home life or self respect.
Pros
free beer on tap, cool stickers
Cons
long work hours, short lunch breaks
One of a kind work enviroment
Community Lead (Sales & Operations) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2018
The cool thing about WeWork is they actually follow their mission statement and they strive to be better. It is a start up environment but you can tell they are sharpening their systems/product for their employees and members. Lots of people are friends outside of work so your coworkers motivate you and make you a better employee and keep you motivated.
Pros
The people on your team will motivate you and it's a fun work environment.
Cons
Upward mobility toward promotion or switching departments has become more challenging
Bad. Avoid.
Technology Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2018
I was in a toxic relationship with WeWork. Extra work was piled on which wasn’t detailed in my job description. I wasn’t proportionally compensated for the extra work. Underpaid, understaffed and overworked teams in the field scrambled constantly to meet corporate demands. I would recommend corporate, but what’s actually happening in these buildings behind the scenes can be dicey. Proceed with extreme caution and discretion.
Pros
Nice buildings, good benefits, free food
Cons
Too busy to access benefits
Not a good place to work
Community Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, NYDecember 13, 2018
I’ve worked for WeWork for 3yrs it wasn’t worth it I started at $15.00 an hour and didn’t get a raise until the 3rd year which was only a $1 wework is not a good place to work they over work you and the pay isn’t good enough your job is harder than the other positions yet you get paid less then everyone else wework doesn’t treat employees very fair when we got a raise everyone raise was different they tell you not to tell anyone they say that there’s room for advasment that’s only if your an butt kisser management all they do is sit on there butt all day with there laptop and order stuff with the company card for themselves every wework building has different rules which is not fair they have beer on tap and tell the csas they can’t drink but management party’s all day drinking what kind of example is that wework also has workers that are union which get paid more than csas but they do less work than csas it’s just not a good company at all
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over work you pay sucks
I wouldn't
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
I do not recommend to my friends. WeWork is mis-managed by the C-suite and is growing to fast to value and care for its employees. If you value productive working environments, stay away from this toxic one.
great place depending on management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 7, 2018
the job over all has great benefits but no job security meaning if a cm or anyone higher doesn't like you they will find a way to lay you off. at the end of the day it would be great id admin would have a chat with his NYC STAFF in all the building. I don t understand why someone cant get a transfer to a different building but in stead they get layed off .
Pros
pay
Cons
needs work on management
Room for Development
Community Lead, Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
WeWork is a growing company and if you are interested in the opportunity of potential growth within a short about of time than this company is for you.
construction division
Superintendent (Interior Finishes) (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 24, 2018
the unique design of each location was a fascinating experience to participate in
I did not work at Wework but helped to bring to life the design of their locations
Very racist
Community Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
African American's are mainly given the cleaning jobs or jobs behind the seen. Very seldom management positions or positions that are visible to the public upon first arrival. Wework is catered to young Caucasian individuals and the business is more focused on money money money and getting it at any cost, especially off the backs of the low paid black's that actually keep the business running. Anything goes at wework for the customers, management is more focused on watching the staff (via multiple camera's throughout the building) than cutting down on the down right disgusting actions of the tenants. As long as the African American housekeepers are around to pick up behind the filthiness that goes on, the staff are fine with it (and again, non of which are of Caucasian decent). If you are a Trump supporter than this is probably the ideal place for you, however, for all others, just be conscious of the hard work that goes on behind the seen by the housekeepers.
We work was cool and different to work for
FACILITIES OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 18, 2018
I would go back if things changed some. I really enjoyed the team building things we did as a company but I had some issues with new management and he rarely worked with us
Fun place to work.
Community Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
Teamwork is everything at WeWork and I enjoyed my time working for the company. Good starting pay and room for advancement! Exciting times at the company events as well..good memories!
Pretty office, but toxic
MEMBER BILLING/PROCESSING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
While the offices are beautiful, the people can be awful. It is similar to a cult where if you don't follow what the head says, you will be shunned. I worked so hard and was never fully treated like I was worthy and constantly felt like I was going to be fired for not being social enough.
Pros
free food, nice office
Cons
cult-like atmosphere, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeWork. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at WeWork.

Powered by Comparably