WEX Inc. Employee Reviews

rapid growth we are not ready for
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 17, 2018
Many meetings per day, but that's part of my job. Management doesn't focus below front line management level to see what talent is there. For the size of the company, the health insurance is terrible and very expensive.

Truth is not spoken. People get passed around until they quit. CEO is strong and has a great vision. Not sure she's surrounded herself with people to take us to the next level.

Very political. Investing in IT is strong.
Pros
Flexible about work from home
Cons
Political, Middle/low management needs to be replaced.
Making changes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 12, 2018
Company is working towards improving culture. Working in the call center there has been a long string of changes being made toward positively impacting the call volume, thus lowering stress levels.
Cons
not flexible when trying to make changes to schedules.
Great company to work for, excellent benefit package
OPM Team Lead (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 26, 2018
Current finance division is under major re-org, a bit of concern within the business unit. Communication needs to be clearer, timelier and disseminated throughout the levels in the org.
Poor Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 10, 2018
Poor Management
Growth by acquisition - unfortunately they do not do a good job with integrating the acquisitions
Hire managers that have no experience
Lack of vision
Nice Firm
Sr. Linux Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 9, 2018
Nice company to give a good start to your career.
Very supportive environment and team.
Learning and teaching the good skills to get the task done.
Very supportive company and nice firm.
Very high turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 29, 2018
Don't bother with this place. They use outdated systems, and if you don't learn them, you get let go. There seems to be a lot of kissing up going on here too.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor culture
Relaxed yet Unsupporting Work Environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2018
Relaxed at work. If you wanted to learn something you had to seek out on your own what you wanted to learn. Management is small is size and easily accessible. The hardest part of the job was having to find out for yourself what you needed to learn. The most enjoyable par of the job was forming friendships with the employees that began working at this company the same time that I did.
account manager
Acct Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 6, 2018
case load was large but manageable. team members were supportive and encouraging. I learned how credit limits are determined for businesses. management was ok..
Not my cup of tea
Customer Service Rep (Temp) (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 25, 2018
I worked in the call center at Wex, I worked 4 ten hour shifts where I sat on the phones the whole time, although it was not a bad job it just wasn't for me. I was only there as a temp so my time was short lived.
Great Learning Opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Department of Public Social Services served as a great learning experience. WEX was a completely volunteer program. It teaches you customer service, receptionist duties and how to work as a team.
Pros
Experience working with the county

Want to know more about WEX Inc.?

Ask a question
Disfunctional Manager
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 1, 2018
I worked for a dysfunctional manager and when I spoke to Human Resources about her, she began to retaliate and used my co-workers to work against me. They eventually paid me to leave.
Upstart gone corporate
Risk and Controls Analyst (Contracted) (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 16, 2018
WEX Inc. as a contractor is what one would assume a typical corporate contract job is like.
Comfortable office spaces, open-plan office spaces, and other types of spaces abound (conference rooms, cubicles, cafeteria).
Workplace culture here is relaxed and friendly with an emphasis on working collaboratively and getting things done.
Pros
Great corporate culture!
Cons
As a contractor, most average benefits were not made available to me.
Fun place to work, lots of talented people
Director, Corporate Development (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 14, 2018
WEX is a super company to work for, I have been there twice. They are a leader in their industry and continuously adding to their B2B financial services product portfolio.
Good company
Private Label Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed Wright Express, my manager was very supportive. I had chances to advance if wanted and paid time off was generous. Growing company so opportunity is great.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Corporate
Good Company
Executive Assistant/Events & Tradeshow Manager (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNDecember 27, 2017
WEX is a good company. I enjoyed working for WEX. It was nice to be able to visit the home office in Maine while employed to meet associates in person and to see uniform workflow.
Work hard, play hard
Strategic Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 19, 2017
The caliber of people I worked with at WEX was astonishing. They are fun, excited, and driven people. Their benefits and compensation are very fair. They could use some help in the training of new employees that do not come from a payments background. Excellent career advancement training and personal goal development opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues, pay
Cons
Training, Management support from higher ups
Was incredible, not anymore
Sales Operations Leadership (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 18, 2017
WINS:
Was incredible at first - thought I would retire with company. Great people and business-unit leaders through organization. Incredible level of investment for its employees. Culture WAS among the best I'd seen. Stellar leadership training programs and professional development offerings. Lots of travel but lots of flexibility. Great historical industry reputation.

FAILS:
Training for my role was completely non-existent, total learn a you go. Very little mentoring or coaching when requested repeatedly; immediate supervisor was great but in too high of demand. Huge attrition of top leaders and contributors over several months. Rapid decline in communication, direction, culture over last 6 months. Product innovation far behind competition - too reliant on reputation. Very poor Exec leadership vision. New division President is a career consultant, after one month of no communication proceeds w/1hr town hall of "I's" and "me's" without a single "we" or "together" shared. First act was to lay off 50+ employees 2 weeks before Christmas. Has been swirling the bowl since.
Large Maine Employer
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 10, 2017
For a person that is willing to work hard and not only learn their job but show a curiosity for other aspects of the company, there is great potential for advancement.
Great company
Sales director, Western States (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 5, 2017
Great company with strong equal opportunity culture, if you have the ability you can be successful at WEX. Good executive team with consistent leadership and continuity
Fast Paced
Senior Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 25, 2017
Since the aquisition, work had been non-stop. It can be incredibly stressful if you aren't used to a fast paced environment and it's constant change, especially if you work in Finance.

But they provide excellent benefits and there are continous opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Fast Paced, Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEX Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight