WEX Inc. Employee Reviews

Best job I've had yet, but there are growing pains.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 15, 2019
I get to work from home (not all customer service employees do) and I make about $14 and hour, which I think is more than fair for customer call center in a new position. I am part time, I work about 30 hours a week, but there are plenty of full-time and chances for part-time.

My leads and managers have all been very kind of me, but I think there is a lot of stress on the upper tiers of the company to perform well to meet expectations. Which is a -good- thing, but there is a big difference between the amount of calls an entry level person gets (me) vs someone who has been here longer and sometimes it feels like its too much work for those departments.

I am very enthusiastic and I hope to grow with this company, the culture is awesome, PTO is awesome, benefits are awesome, and I enjoy it here.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, remote work, opportunities, benefits, great pay
Cons
Growing pains, small management and development hiccups, call center stress
write place to work
Customer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 2, 2019
right place to work per employees survey for many years. providing competitive wages and recognizing the need for development for employees. great benefits
Goal Orientated, fun place to work
Marketing Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 28, 2019
I was a Marketing Manager for WEX. I lead the private label marketing campaigns for several Fortune 500 companies. My job consisted of working with each client to develop marketing campaigns that would grow their fleet fueling credit card programs. I coordinated the campaigns with internal and external departments including graphics, copy writing, and production.
Helpful and friendly management but strict
Conversion Accounts Specialist/ Inside sales Rep (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 3, 2019
I enjoy my time here since i started working with wex as a temp, and they easily promote employees to fulltime well paying positions. The paying is also good and work environment is wonderful.
Productive Family Like Call Center with less Focus on Stats
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 28, 2018
WEX focus on your ability to provide your customers with the help they need not on an uncontrollable statistic like after call surveys or sales amounts. Everything is customer service and they not only provide training to grow but are willing to move you up based on how you feel you are ready.
Pros
Room for growth, Customer Service Oriented
growing company
Corporate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 11, 2018
Watched the company grow from a mid-size company to a worldwide leader in the industry. Great atmosphere, fun people, lots of education and career advancement opportunities.
Pros
growth
Cons
busy
no growth opportunities
Conversion Team Member (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 8, 2018
I felt like at the beginning the management does not know what to do with new employees. There is no real onboarding process that I felt would help me understand the position or my role in the company. For the first two weeks was not able to use my computer because they did not have sign in information ready for me.
horrible customer service experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 26, 2018
Customer service is the worst job they offer at the company. You are offered $14 an hour, while other companies start you off at $16 hr. So while you struggle to make it day by day they want you to "push through" and be a "superhero" while management wonders around all days in. trance. You have to plan your time off MONTHS in advance and have to choose from a calendar. which Monday is not an option for taking time off starting in 2019.
Pros
nothing that I know.
Cons
everything basically
good
South Portland ME, Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 19, 2018
The job was fast passed so the days went by fast. I enjoyed the work and the people, The company was very good to its employees with luncheons. Very good work life balance.
Pros
free coffee
Best avoided
Accounting Support (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 13, 2018
Hired on a temporary basis for what was supposed to be a 3 month temp to hire initial contract doing accounting work. My immediate and hiring supervisors were good people, the work was steady and engaging as far as accounting goes, and my coworkers were friendly, helpful, and courteous. I didn't get much in the way of training and was only at the position a couple weeks before I was terminated, not as a result of poor performance, in fact on exit my direct supervisor said I had done great work, but solely because an executive took a dislike to me because I needed to close my eyes on my unpaid break due to fatigue caused by a medication I take. There was no attempt to work with me, no real communication, and I never even got to speak to the person who had me fired, they just decided they wanted me gone and within the week I was out. Could be a good place to work, but unaccountable executives on a power trip make my recommendation that it is best avoided if you can find any other employment.
Pros
reasonable compensation, collaborative atmosphere, reasomable workload
Cons
Unreasonable and unnaccountable management who play favorites
Managind Databases Admin Team and Development Support Team
Manager of Database (Former Employee) –  BahiaNovember 12, 2018
We managed databases , analyze queries and built queries to the applications. We also made migrations and monitored our database environment. We maintained access control of database.
Pros
One database software to manage
Cons
Poor data integration of database applications
Fast growing business with lots of opportunity
Director Product Management, Virtual Payments (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 25, 2018
WEX has grown organically and through acquisition building a global business in three major payment areas: Fleet, Travel and Health. Technology opportunities abound!
Wonderful culture, great working environment
Business Development Office, Factoring Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 4, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for WEX. The commission and bonus structure is beyond fair, and your earning potential is uncapped.

I enjoyed and valued my team and department, and would highly recommend working for this company.
Great Company
Salesforce Lead, Project Manager, Data Architect (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 2, 2018
I've only been working at WEX a few months, but I really enjoy the culture, people, projects and overall environment. My position requires a lot of autonomy, collaboration and self drive, which I really enjoy.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafe, great location. Good atmosphere. Good benefits.
Cons
You need to be a self-starter, from my experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 21, 2018
Good supervisors and training program - felt equipped to handle calls coming in. Got regular feedback and floating supevisory help. Other employees very helpful in resolving conflicts and addressing needs
Focused company with a relaxed culture
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 3, 2018
My time at Wex Inc. spanned about a year. I started off as a fraud claims analyst, and was soon promoted to fraud detection analyst for my quick understanding of fraud. I was able to work from home when I wanted, though I found myself more productive and more easily communicated with co workers. Wex gave me the empowerment to work independently while simultaneously being a part of a cohesive team. Management turnover was frequent, but our goals stayed the same.

Work environment was relaxed and fun, but we still had a mission at the end of the day.
Productive and somewhat fun work environment with a ping pong table.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 26, 2018
Management in certain roles was lacking. Other than that the company was good to work for. The sales staff is flown to a nice location like Florida for an annual awards ceremony along with training.
turn over in managment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 25, 2018
We had too many managers work though our team and they fell short every time.WEX is a good company with a lot of turn over. Sales people are only as good as their last sale. WEX seems to lean on to the younger generation to lead the company than work with years of experience. too many employees have lost their jobs due to poor judgment by young management. Rather than mentor those who can grow. The easy fix is to start over with someone new and let new employee training program get them onboard and on the streets selling.
rapid growth we are not ready for
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 17, 2018
Many meetings per day, but that's part of my job. Management doesn't focus below front line management level to see what talent is there. For the size of the company, the health insurance is terrible and very expensive.

Truth is not spoken. People get passed around until they quit. CEO is strong and has a great vision. Not sure she's surrounded herself with people to take us to the next level.

Very political. Investing in IT is strong.
Pros
Flexible about work from home
Cons
Political, Middle/low management needs to be replaced.
Stuck in a stressful position
One Call Resolution (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 11, 2018
At the end of working there I felt stuck in that position, in fact one time when I chatted with my manager, I was told I was so good at my job she didn’t want me to transfer out of her department .
Pros
Guaranteed paycheck
Cons
Stressful position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEX Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight