Wexford Community Credit Union

Wexford Community Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States12 reviews
They have someone being a co-branch manager and the HR rep, which is a HUGE conflict of interest. How can you go to HR with concerns about your manager, when they’re your manager. Not to mention she is constantly revealing your sensitive information to other employees and is extremely passive aggressive if you make her mad. Just pass, for real.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off
Cons
Managers/Senior management.
Work is interesting, many opportunities for learning. Small size means there is plenty of opportunity to try different things. Supportive management. Stay very busy, but with a good variety of tasks. Opportunities for new staff to branch out into different departments.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Friendly coworkers who are always happy to help. Never bored. Everyday is a chance to learn something new. This is a perfect place to work for someone who loves interacting with the public.
Leadership is fair and always looks for ways to improve job satisfaction by recognizing employees' skills and strengths and positioning them to succeed. A typical day has non-stop opportunities to help members, to problem solve outside the box and a lot of learning opportunities. The staff care for each other and the environment is positive and fun.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement.
Cons
Days can be long and full of challenges
This is a terrible place to work. Very little training. Frontline manager gets mad about everything. No advancement. Only two branches. You get sent to the other branch if they don't like you.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
No advancement. Lots of responsibility. You only advance if you are friends with the managers. Not enough training. Management seems to have unlimited time off.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Not enough training.
Management is inept. They surround themselves with people who they consider to know less in order to conceal the fact that they have no idea what they are doing. They gossip about members and treat staff so poorly.
They put on a good show, but it's not reality.

SAVE YOURSELF THE ANGUISH!
Pros
Cons
Required to work while not clocked in. Abusive management.
Never bored. Awesome team. Not afraid to grow as an organization. Job evolution and growth. Hard work recognized. Input encouraged. Non-profit wages, but amazing benefits. Family-friendly.
Pros
Banker's hours, helping people, fun team, great benefits
Cons
lower wages than for-profit sector, not ideal for anyone who can't deal with change.
Management allows for the growth and development of employees. Individual input is highly valued. Many employees advance in position from their initial hire. Management has a good track record in noticing and promoting talent from within the cu.
Pros
Flexable hours, promotion opportunities
Cons
Pay could be better
I have learned so many things about Customer Service from working at the Credit Union. I've been put in difficult situations with members and learned the best way to handle difficult situations.
Jobs at Wexford Community Credit Union
See more jobs
nonprofit, low pay. leadership is non-existent. There are no clear rules and regulations, things change on a weekly basis. Turnover rate is extremely high.
I have learned a lot at this job and acquired many skills that I believe are transferrable to other career fields. We have had a lot of transition since I have been here and I would like a little more stability. I have made some really good friends here, but most of them have moved on. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication between the branches of the Credit Union and the best part of my job is helping out the members, especially when I can solve a problem for them.
Pros
I enjoy many of my co-workers. It is like family.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, pay is low.