Wexford Community Credit Union logo

Wexford Community Credit Union Employee Reviews

Wexford Community Credit Union insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Branch manager & HR Rep?

They have someone being a co-branch manager and the HR rep, which is a HUGE conflict of interest. How can you go to HR with concerns about your manager, when they’re your manager. Not to mention she is constantly revealing your sensitive information to other employees and is extremely passive aggressive if you make her mad. Just pass, for real.

Pros

Weekends and Holidays off

Cons

Managers/Senior management.

Lacks compassion, flexibility and fairness

HR has personal (outside) friendships w/ employees - this creates favoritism. HR has passive aggressive (mean girl) attitude & encourage others to participate. Lead Teller lacked leadership skills. Branch managers are inconsistent... employee #1 (a favorite) will receive giggles & teasing BUT employee #2 will receive a reprimand for SAME EXACT infraction. Lots of drama on the Teller Line.

Pros

CEO is a kind-hearted person.

Cons

Immature work environment

Good job

Work is interesting, many opportunities for learning. Small size means there is plenty of opportunity to try different things. Supportive management. Stay very busy, but with a good variety of tasks. Opportunities for new staff to branch out into different departments.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Stressful at times

Challenging and fun

Friendly coworkers who are always happy to help. Never bored. Everyday is a chance to learn something new. This is a perfect place to work for someone who loves interacting with the public.

Flexible, professional and service oriented place to work in my community.

Leadership is fair and always looks for ways to improve job satisfaction by recognizing employees' skills and strengths and positioning them to succeed. A typical day has non-stop opportunities to help members, to problem solve outside the box and a lot of learning opportunities. The staff care for each other and the environment is positive and fun.

Pros

Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Days can be long and full of challenges

Run fast run far

This is a terrible place to work. Very little training. Frontline manager gets mad about everything. No advancement. Only two branches. You get sent to the other branch if they don't like you.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Depressing place to work. Management loves to remind you that you can be fired at any time.

No advancement. Lots of responsibility. You only advance if you are friends with the managers. Not enough training. Management seems to have unlimited time off.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Not enough training.

Please DON'T work here!

Management is inept. They surround themselves with people who they consider to know less in order to conceal the fact that they have no idea what they are doing. They gossip about members and treat staff so poorly. They put on a good show, but it's not reality. SAVE YOURSELF THE ANGUISH!

Pros

Cons

Required to work while not clocked in. Abusive management.

fun place to work; always challenged

Never bored. Awesome team. Not afraid to grow as an organization. Job evolution and growth. Hard work recognized. Input encouraged. Non-profit wages, but amazing benefits. Family-friendly.

Pros

Banker's hours, helping people, fun team, great benefits

Cons

lower wages than for-profit sector, not ideal for anyone who can't deal with change.

Fun place to work. Advancement opportunities.

Management allows for the growth and development of employees. Individual input is highly valued. Many employees advance in position from their initial hire. Management has a good track record in noticing and promoting talent from within the cu.

Pros

Flexable hours, promotion opportunities

Cons

Pay could be better

It challenges you daily.

I have learned so many things about Customer Service from working at the Credit Union. I've been put in difficult situations with members and learned the best way to handle difficult situations.

okay place to work

nonprofit, low pay. leadership is non-existent. There are no clear rules and regulations, things change on a weekly basis. Turnover rate is extremely high.

I have enjoyed my job, but I would like a change.

I have learned a lot at this job and acquired many skills that I believe are transferrable to other career fields. We have had a lot of transition since I have been here and I would like a little more stability. I have made some really good friends here, but most of them have moved on. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication between the branches of the Credit Union and the best part of my job is helping out the members, especially when I can solve a problem for them.

Pros

I enjoy many of my co-workers. It is like family.

Cons

Healthcare is expensive, pay is low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wexford Community Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Wexford Community Credit Union Reviews by Location

• Wexford Community Credit Union
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?