Wexford Community Credit Union

Working at Wexford Community Credit Union: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

Great place to work and learn

I started the job with some teller experience but not alot and have learned not only teller duties but other skills that I can take with me in my career. The management, HR and executives have made it a point to listen to my career goals and help me create a plan in order for me to reach my goals. They truly want the people that work for them to succeed. They are also accommodating for time off, also offer a reasonable amount of paid time off. They are excellent with working around other commitments too like school, internships, childcare needs, other jobs, or appointments. While the company might be broken into different departments within two different buildings, the way each department works together to meet the needs of the members is amazing. It truly is a great place to work and I look forward to where my career with the credit union goes.

Supportive and fun workplace

I have learned a ton of new skills as a teller at WCCU. I can confidently say how amazing it is to work here. Everyone (including the President & CEO) is incredibly supportive, helpful and genuinely want you to succeed. They all step up and do whatever they can to help out when needed, or even just answer a question. I enjoy going to work everyday.

Wexford Community Credit Union insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Overall, great company!

Reading the previous reviews and having worked through a majority of those reviews, there were more cons than pros based on those specific situations that were happening at that time. I would say the cash department alone has gone through such a huge change in the last year even. A lot of training, internal shifting, and teamwork has gone into making them the team they are today. The cash department is a fast pace environment most days. They stay busy in the cash department with the exception of days that are naturally slower traffic through the building itself. There is always something new to learn, even for the managers!If you are a hard worker, want to succeed in what you do, like to work as a team player, this is the perfect job for you. The flexibility when needing time off is usually very thought through, if there is a time when you need a day off or something and it’s super short notice, they do their absolute best to make it work.

Pros

1 hour lunch, flexible, up-beat personalities, generous paid time off.

Cons

Scammers to the general public

Everyone is kind and supportive

This is a great company to work for everyone is so supportive and always willing to help. With hard work and commitment to your job you can go far with this company.

Pros

A very suportive team from the CEO down.

Cons

I can't think of one bad thing to say about this great place.

Lacks compassion, flexibility and fairness

HR has personal (outside) friendships w/ employees - this creates favoritism. HR has passive aggressive (mean girl) attitude & encourage others to participate. Lead Teller lacked leadership skills. Branch managers are inconsistent... employee #1 (a favorite) will receive giggles & teasing BUT employee #2 will receive a reprimand for SAME EXACT infraction. Lots of drama on the Teller Line.

Pros

CEO is a kind-hearted person.

Cons

Immature work environment

Good job

Work is interesting, many opportunities for learning. Small size means there is plenty of opportunity to try different things. Supportive management. Stay very busy, but with a good variety of tasks. Opportunities for new staff to branch out into different departments.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Stressful at times

Challenging and fun

Friendly coworkers who are always happy to help. Never bored. Everyday is a chance to learn something new. This is a perfect place to work for someone who loves interacting with the public.

Flexible, professional and service oriented place to work in my community.

Leadership is fair and always looks for ways to improve job satisfaction by recognizing employees' skills and strengths and positioning them to succeed. A typical day has non-stop opportunities to help members, to problem solve outside the box and a lot of learning opportunities. The staff care for each other and the environment is positive and fun.

Pros

Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Days can be long and full of challenges

Branch manager & HR Rep?

They have someone being a co-branch manager and the HR rep, which is a HUGE conflict of interest. How can you go to HR with concerns about your manager, when they’re your manager. Not to mention she is constantly revealing your sensitive information to other employees and is extremely passive aggressive if you make her mad. Just pass, for real.

Pros

Weekends and Holidays off

Cons

Managers/Senior management.

Run fast run far

This is a terrible place to work. Very little training. Frontline manager gets mad about everything. No advancement. Only two branches. You get sent to the other branch if they don't like you.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Depressing place to work. Management loves to remind you that you can be fired at any time.

No advancement. Lots of responsibility. You only advance if you are friends with the managers. Not enough training. Management seems to have unlimited time off.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Not enough training.

Please DON'T work here!

Management is inept. They surround themselves with people who they consider to know less in order to conceal the fact that they have no idea what they are doing. They gossip about members and treat staff so poorly. They put on a good show, but it's not reality. SAVE YOURSELF THE ANGUISH!

Pros

Cons

Required to work while not clocked in. Abusive management.

fun place to work; always challenged

Never bored. Awesome team. Not afraid to grow as an organization. Job evolution and growth. Hard work recognized. Input encouraged. Non-profit wages, but amazing benefits. Family-friendly.

Pros

Banker's hours, helping people, fun team, great benefits

Cons

lower wages than for-profit sector, not ideal for anyone who can't deal with change.

Fun place to work. Advancement opportunities.

Management allows for the growth and development of employees. Individual input is highly valued. Many employees advance in position from their initial hire. Management has a good track record in noticing and promoting talent from within the cu.

Pros

Flexable hours, promotion opportunities

Cons

Pay could be better

It challenges you daily.

I have learned so many things about Customer Service from working at the Credit Union. I've been put in difficult situations with members and learned the best way to handle difficult situations.

okay place to work

nonprofit, low pay. leadership is non-existent. There are no clear rules and regulations, things change on a weekly basis. Turnover rate is extremely high.

I have enjoyed my job, but I would like a change.

I have learned a lot at this job and acquired many skills that I believe are transferrable to other career fields. We have had a lot of transition since I have been here and I would like a little more stability. I have made some really good friends here, but most of them have moved on. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication between the branches of the Credit Union and the best part of my job is helping out the members, especially when I can solve a problem for them.

Pros

I enjoy many of my co-workers. It is like family.

Cons

Healthcare is expensive, pay is low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wexford Community Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits