Wexford Health Sources, Inc.
Happiness rating is 48 out of 100

Wexford Health Sources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Wexford Health Sources, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Good place for Part time work as a Nental Health Observer

I was a part time employee so alot of things I said No to was really not applicable to me. You can get alot of hours as a Mental Health Observer. The pay was Good.

Pros

You get extra hours

Cons

Under Staffed at Correctional Facilities

Corrections is the best kept secret in nursing.

Corrections offers clinicians the opportunity to work with an underserved population. For most inmates, this is the best healthcare they’ve ever had. You will care for the very young, and the very old. Medical, wound care, trauma, hospice, mental health issues. All are frequently seen in corrections as this is a community in itself.

Pros

Low Acuity

Cons

Stressful

Decent pay, but the company does not care at all about you as a person

Wexford makes it sound like they have the best options out on the market but truth be told. You will pay an alarming rate for your health insurance and it goes up every year. You accrue time off but most of the time they refuse to let you use it. In some state you are union and Wexford but the contract is so tight knit that it's pointless to even pay union dues. If you a looking for a career just keep in mind this company should only be a stepping stone.

Pros

Paid lunch, Decent pay

Cons

Money Hungry Company does NOT CARE about the employees

New supervisor is horrible!

This place is horrible ! It’s messy and the upper management is really bad. The current site supervisor only wants allies and not employees. She is the epitome of BAD leadership.

Pros

Great friendships

Cons

Everything other than friendships

Don't waste your time

I was there for almost a year and during that time higher ups came in and made everything stressful I tried to call off work due to a reaction to medication I was on for my asthma and was pretty much forced to come to work. I was let go because I don't remember much about what happened that night before the ADON was like "no you are going home now! They should have never quilt tripped you into coming into work! " After that I was fired because I was able to tell them every detail of the next night I worked, but I couldn't tell them much about the night I was sent home.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

lack of support, overworked

This facility is horrible to work for. They would mandate nurses to work over the legal 16 hours and can get away with it because it is a correctional facility. They do not work with scheduling if you are full time. Inmates are catered to over other protocols and no one seems to care that it's a safety issue. If you are thinking of applying here, don't do it!! Run in the opposite direction.

Pros

interesting place to work because it's corrections

Cons

overworked, lack of staff support, safety issues at times

decent salary, interesting work but did not have my back

Enjoyed working as a contractor in the prison system. It was interesting work and no two days were the same. Wexford knew I was under medical treatment for a health condition and had a letter from my physician. Something came up related to this issue within the prison and Wexford did not have my back. They will not stick with you if there is any friction with the contract location.

Pros

interesting work and felt like I could make the job what I wanted

Cons

no support when it really counts

Hungry for the almighty dollar vs. health/happiness of employees

Wexford has a very difficult time maintaining consistent, quality care due to an alarming rate of employee turnover. There are always lots of promises made, but little follow through. When you are submissive and do what you are told without question, you remain in the good graces of management. When you stand up for yourself, your rights, and what is legal, you are bullied/harassed and forced out so that you don't upset the apple cart.

Pros

Not a difficult job

Cons

Inconsistency, poor staffing, poor chain of command, pay rates on lower scale

Terrible

Terrible company to work for. Underpaid and understaffed. the nurses are lazy, they expect the cna to do all of the work. management does not address your concerns. you only get a few cents for raise

Like you sold your soul and you’re living your eternity down below.

Don’t waste your time with Wexford. They’ve been fired from multiple states. Corporate is nonexistent, regional management is a joke, and by association, so is site management . They will hire anyone and you truly are just a body to fill a position. They hire new nursing graduates as supervisors simply because they need to fill a position and no supervisor is qualified whatsoever to be in the position they are in. I’m telling you, if you really respect yourself, don’t work for this company. You will feel defeated almost everyday.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Jobs at Wexford Health Sources, Inc.

See more jobs

Alright compensation

The company has good pay and the workload isn't bad. Management is "iffy" and only pacifies issues with no real resolutions. High turn over rates at most camps.

Rules don’t matter

The recruitment makes it sound amazing but it is a different story once on the job. Told things in the interview that turned out to be untrue. Also, The work environment is not safe.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Too many to list

Professional Development

Performance based and Company oriented promotion. A least quarterly meetings that highlight rank and file staff performance with recognition. Managerial liaison with other site and company officials that foster a sense of growth and inclusion.

Pros

Promotes from within

Cons

Sometimes staffing shortage may require staying past or "forced pull a double shift"

False promises

Staff at all levels leaving in droves. No hiring within. No management is left to manage. Promises not kept. Very disorganized. Becoming a very unsafe place to work due to very short staffed.

Pros

Plenty of overtime if wanted

Cons

Very short staffed

Poor Management

Management is bad to nonexistent. Extremely short staffed and unable to keep employees. Use of vacation/sick time is discouraged, denied, and results in punishment at times.

Not staff focused.

Wexford doesn't listen to staff, couldn't get the supplies requested. Training wasn't offered, programs outdated, very little support from higher ups. Staff needs weren't being met. Very disheartening

Pros

Plastic tote for work.

Cons

No flexing, supplies are limited, training doesn't happen, very sad.

Horrible Company

This company was so cheap that staff were often left arguing over who should be able to sit in a chair because the company wouldn't provide chairs for the staff. Co-workers were the most hostile people I have ever been around. It was a horrible job.

Pros

got a paycheck

Cons

Extreme hostility, lazy co-workers, worst benefits ever

Productive place with great staff

Overall I had a good experience workingvfor Wexford as an addictions specialist. My coworkers were awesome. It could be stressful at times due to rules being changed. Supervisor was young and seemed to be more of a "yes man" for upper management.

Pros

Not micromanaged

Cons

Constant changing of rules, little training

Does not care about it’s employees

Terrible experience ending my employment with them. Felt forced out. Resigned due to feeling there was no other choice. Heard nothing from the upper management after I resigned. No response after all of the hard work and dedication to the company, not one response.

Pros

Met some nice people.

Cons

Terrible upper management.

Unbelievably incompetent management.

My site managers were awesome, but regional managers are just awful. They care nothing for their employees and demand way more than your work environment is capable of. Not to mention constantly getting berated by officers and inmates. Beware this company.

Pros

Salary is decent.

Cons

Almost everything.

It’s fine

It’s a good paying position, but there is a big issue with communication between state and Wexford employees, impacting ability and resources to provide effective services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wexford Health Sources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Wexford Health Sources, Inc. with

• Wexford Health Sources, Inc.