Wexford Health Sources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management
QMHP (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill IndianaOctober 12, 2018
Poor handling of employees and poor communication from human/resources and recruiting team. Non-responsive to employee requests. Recruiters do not return phone calls in timely manner or at all. There is a huge disconnect between the corrections facility human resource personnel and Wexford Human Resources. When I had concerns, I had correctional personnel tell me to contact Wexford, who did not return my phone calls or emails.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management of employees
Training is horrible
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2018
Nobody trains you at all... The manager expects you to know everything, yet nobody has trained you. Then, when its time to do payroll you are getting yelled ta for stuff that you have NO idea what she is talking about because NOBODY TRIANS YOU. You sit at your desk all day, and nobody even checks on you. RIDICULOUS! The people (in the payroll department anyway) just kind of go about their day. There are a few nice people.
Love my job
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2018
Love my team. Great boss. The people that I deal with are great. Tough job, but very rewarding. Travel may be required depending on your job. Good support.
Do not work there
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 27, 2018
There is a serious lack of management. Staff are treating poorly often, over worked, underpaid, and not enough hours in the day to complete your work. Working in a prison is stressful enough without management and coworkers negativity and rudeness. The pay is less than desired for the working conditions. The benefits are not worth the money paid for them. The working conditions lead to high turnover due to management and coworkers.
Pros
Not on call, no weekends, and you don’t go to peoples homes.
Cons
Management, Compensation, and Benefits to name a few
Charge Nurse
Charge nurse for Unit 41 (Former Employee) –  Parchman, MSSeptember 25, 2018
Great Nurse Supervisor, but staff corrupt. Hostile working environment. Loved opportunity to care for and provide dignity and respect to some of societies lost, but if step on wrong toes they retaliate.
Wexford in Alabama has got to be stopped!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALAugust 13, 2018
Where do I begin? Since Wexford has taken over ADOC, our patients have suffered as well as staff members throughout the state. Patients in different facilities haven't seen a doctor in four months and from the looks of things, they have no intention of bringing on doctors for some facilities.

This company is CHEAP. Staff members are underpaid, we are short staffed, we aren't receiving enough supplies such as gloves, paper, etc., and some patients aren't receiving what they need. For example, some patients need diapers.

As far as benefits, they do not match 401k. The insurance isn't terrible but it's not great.

Management at the Bessemer, Al facility is HORRIBLE! The HSA and DON are both rude and honestly, aren't fit for the positions they serve. They do not assist and work as a "team."

Wexford also does not value its employees or listen to said employees who have to work with the patients every day. It's their way or there's the door (exactly what they told the previous Site Admin.) No one should have to work for a company with that mentality. Also, Wexford doesn't know a thing about Mental Health so this makes the job harder for Mental Health employees.

The state is suffering and no one is listening. There are so many other things I could list.
Pros
The officers at this facility are cool
Cons
A lot
Run
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 13, 2018
This company is horrible to work for. HR is a joke and have no clue what they are doing. Bullying staff and juvenile offenders is an acceptable practice. If you report this type of behavior you will be punished and then HR will look for any reason to get rid of you. Juveniles reported this behavior as well and were ignored which sent a message to the bully that it was ok so the behavior continued.
Pros
Not working for Wexford
Cons
Too many to list
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Welch, WVJuly 31, 2018
Wexford Health Sources Inc is a phenomenal place to work. Very flexible, organized and safe. Competitive compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity for advancement.
Great Place to work
CENTURION Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  19000 sw 377 St florida City, 33034July 23, 2018
My experience with Wexford Health Sources was great and admired their management system and the overall work performance. I was happy to be part of this great company.
Pros
Cons
health care
Not a company that appreciates loyal and hard workers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Southern WVJuly 15, 2018
Myself & a couple nurses pulled all the weight.Favoritism ran rampant. Wexford wants you to work even w/ a 102* Temp. I would never go back to Wexford
Pros
Cons
Ins was awful, never got a vacation, zero sick days offered, you must work when horribly sick, Wexford will not acknowledge complaints, bullying of nurses by nurses was constant
Challenging
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJuly 2, 2018
This is a face paced environment. Everyday you are learning new things. This facility is in a jail which there are many obstacles you face on a daily basis.
CNA Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, INJune 25, 2018
I enjoy working at Wexford. I have learned a lot of useful skills that I can use to advance my career. This is a very high volume, high stress environment.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Understaffed
Take shortcuts to save a few dollars
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, FLJune 22, 2018
Wexford was supposed to handle Health care for our inmates. They repeatedly dodged issues and put patients treatment off to try an save money. When things got tough they jumped ship.
Run while you can
LPN (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVJune 21, 2018
No appreciation from HSA and will not let staff take a lunch break without interrupting them several times while HSA leaves for a 2 hour lunch on a regular basis. Doesn't matter that a vacation was approved well in advance-they will tell you that they have "no one to cover" when time off approaches. The MOST TOXIC environment I have ever worked in with poor training. Low pay, poor benefits and NO RESPECT
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to list
Wexforrd Summary
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Chester, ILJune 10, 2018
Worst management system inside IDOC where the guards run the system. Worse part of that is it would be like taking someone with a high school education or less and putting them in charge of oversight for developing a new drug. Won't work!
Pros
Best pay for hour that I ever made
Cons
Almost a 5th grade culture
Management was bad before, now its worse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJune 7, 2018
If you're not a favorite with management you will not advance.
They will thank you for working extra, however, in the same breath, belittle and berate you.
Totally need some management classes for the HSA and DON at the site I worked at.
You can't speak to people rudely, with eye-rolling and expect employees to work their take off for you.
Not happening.
If Wexford wants to improve in Alabama, they need to train these nurses in compassion for their staff!
Glad I am out of there!
Pros
Correctional staff is nice
Cons
Management needs improving.
Work environment
Supervisor Ajileye RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2018
Good working environment, team work, pleasant people and dealing with inmates. Working in wexford Health gives you ample opportunity to advance to higer level. People at the management are nice and gives you encouragement.
Great Company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, INMay 27, 2018
Correctional Nursing can be difficult and trying at times, Wexford's pay and compensation makes it a little bit easier to deal with. I personally enjoy correctional nursing so working for a company that appreciates you made it a win/win for me.
Tense
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Floated, ILMay 22, 2018
At a running pace from clock in to clock out. Employees more scrutinized than the offenders. Not very safe. Could be reprimanded without just cause.
Just don't
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILMay 22, 2018
This company cares about no employee and their family or the time you will miss them due to mandating. Have to keep track of your hours and fight to get the OT worked if you ever receive it. Management is a joke and the workplace culture is horrible with staff bullying.
Pros
Cons
missed breaks, no outside life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wexford Health Sources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight