Wexford Health Sources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Streasful and unorganized
Observer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 12, 2019
Wexford in Alabama is terrible, ADOC took the cheapest company and is now paying for it in court. This company should have never taken this contract. Just because you got a title don't mean you know your job. This company will stress you out in a environment that is already stressful.
Pros
Cons
Wexford
Poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  ILJanuary 11, 2019
I worked in a facility where the site manager was never involved with the other Wexford employees. The manager made it impossible for me to transfer to another facility. I was even asked to complete my employee orientation at home. I would never recommend working for a company that looks for numbers not quality management!
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Bad management
Wexford
Lead Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2018
Working for Wexford was very enlightening however there was little to no support when other employees go on leave. You are left to complete all assignments by yourself with no assistance
Cons
Lack of support
Not much to do
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2018
There was not much to day on a day to day basis. Health benefits were a lot better than that which is now offered by Corizon - the company that won the new contract. Corizon management are thieves. We have to pay for our own insurance so this makes Wexford look a lot better.
Peaceful place for nursing. Quiet atmosphere
Butler County Jail (Former Employee) –  Butler County, PADecember 26, 2018
Would love to work there again.. I was a prn employee and needed a full time job. Nice place to work. Would like to work for this company if job becomes available . Safe and organized environment
Pros
Cons
Quiet atmosphere
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 26, 2018
Excellent management team . One of the few jobs where the employees all consider themselves as family. Fast paced office setting but a lot of room for career advancement
Run!
Liscensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 10, 2018
Trainjng is inconsistent, and not sufficent. The HSA at the location I worked, didn't kniw much and did less. The pay isn't commensurate for the level of work or enviroment. Rules were made up and changed along the way. ALWAYS shirt staffed, NEVER enough supplies. The custody staff was better than the Wexford staff.
Pros
New learning enviroment
Cons
Short breaks, inadequate training, lazy management, poor pay, short staffing, lack of supplies
Do not care about employees
RN (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 7, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. Do not care about issues with employees, only care about their money. No follow through, no consistency, no fairness. Management is terrible and so is the company in general.
Pros
Still trying to figure this out
Cons
Management, fairness, carri f about employees, hours, follow through with their promises
Even though you’re working with inmates it’s the management and lack of it that makes the job horrible.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDNovember 29, 2018
Stressful dealing with management and not backing you and just not filling positions. They are more worried about their bonuses rather then the work load. Most of the management don’t care to know what is going on with their employees. Pay is not fair either with who comes in and who has worked there for years. Management makes you regret working there more then working around inmates, sad but true.
Run!
RN (Former Employee) –  BessemerNovember 23, 2018
Working for this company is like signing a contract to put your license at risk. Get ready to play politics . If you speak out against the lack of compliance in patient care, you are tagged as a troublemaker. No training, no orientation 3.9 PTO hours bi-weekly, no sick time, no CEU paid days. This company's motto is "raising the standards", I beg to differ.
This company is a joke.
Pros
Officers
Cons
Very poor management. No true concern for employees.
Awful to work for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Brent, ALNovember 22, 2018
Ever since Wexford took over we have had nothing but problems. We never have supplies to work with and management is horrible. They have no compassion and could care less about their employees. We don't even get paid correctly half the time. Run!
Animals are treated better than human beings!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, INNovember 20, 2018
Doctor/medical director has multiple lawsuits and unable to work outside the prison system, is unethical and has no business treating patients. He has also been fired from multiple prison facilities, including other prisons Wexford is contracted with. All I can say is be prepared to be subpoenaed in court multiple times if you take this job.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, terrible benefits, unknowledgable management, cannot utilize your clinical skills except taking vital signs, doctor is a joke, they will hire anybody.
awful company keep good records because they will forget to pay you for all of the hours you work
RN (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 16, 2018
I definitely depends on the facility that you are employed at. The last facility that I worked at for them was Plainfield IYC. This was by far the worst managed facility I have ever worked at. I was in fear of losing my nursing license every day I worked there. Management were bullies that would punish their employees if they did not agree to changes to the employees personal schedules. This causes a high turn over rate and unsafe patient staff ratios. They show very little regard for anything other than making money. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company!!!
Pros
Cons
poor working conditions, unsafe pt to nurse ratios, punished for pointing this out
Work hours were a definite hardship for me
MHP (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 29, 2018
I have small children and working 12-8 was more difficult than I realized. At times management was not supportive and just expected more and more of us, with fewer resources.
ever since wexford took over it was a very stressful place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ALOctober 24, 2018
As a Correctional Nurse you have new Contract Companies every 4 to 8 yr. If you worked as a Correctional Nurse very long the contracts were just over turned to the next company and if you were already working there you were kept in the same position you were in.
See below
Psychology Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
Wexford had the same operational methods as Corizon and at the same physical location only the company was replaced by Corizon. I was in intake part of the time. I was later switched over to Men's Treatment Center Aspen which is a 150 bed dormitory unit on a small prison yard. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the inmates.
Pros
Help from supervisors
Cons
Not much structure
Poor management
QMHP (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill IndianaOctober 12, 2018
Poor handling of employees and poor communication from human/resources and recruiting team. Non-responsive to employee requests. Recruiters do not return phone calls in timely manner or at all. There is a huge disconnect between the corrections facility human resource personnel and Wexford Human Resources. When I had concerns, I had correctional personnel tell me to contact Wexford, who did not return my phone calls or emails.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management of employees
Training is horrible
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2018
Nobody trains you at all... The manager expects you to know everything, yet nobody has trained you. Then, when its time to do payroll you are getting yelled ta for stuff that you have NO idea what she is talking about because NOBODY TRIANS YOU. You sit at your desk all day, and nobody even checks on you. RIDICULOUS! The people (in the payroll department anyway) just kind of go about their day. There are a few nice people.
Love my job
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2018
Love my team. Great boss. The people that I deal with are great. Tough job, but very rewarding. Travel may be required depending on your job. Good support.
Do not work there
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 27, 2018
There is a serious lack of management. Staff are treating poorly often, over worked, underpaid, and not enough hours in the day to complete your work. Working in a prison is stressful enough without management and coworkers negativity and rudeness. The pay is less than desired for the working conditions. The benefits are not worth the money paid for them. The working conditions lead to high turnover due to management and coworkers.
Pros
Not on call, no weekends, and you don’t go to peoples homes.
Cons
Management, Compensation, and Benefits to name a few

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wexford Health Sources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight