Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Awful!
laborer (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVFebruary 11, 2019
I have been there for 3 years. The schedule is awful; 2 weeks of dayshift, then 2 weeks of nightshift; 12 hour shifts. In the summer time the temperatures in my work area reach 105 degrees and 100% humidity on a regular basis. The work is monotonous. We get laid off all of the time due to poor sells and low log inventory. Management is clueless. The only good thing is the pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
lay-offs, high temperatures, schedule, management
Was a good place to work for the short time I was there
Production Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORFebruary 3, 2019
Supervised production associates, conducted safety committee meetings, supervised quality control of production products, trained new associates, and managed production output.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Dangerous
Good crew
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 31, 2019
Typical day at work is to clean area, cut lumber, unload and load trucks. I learned how to work with people as a team. Strong safety culture. Good management. Hardest part of job is time management.
Easy enough to get stuck here
Products Engineer, Codes and Standards E.I.T (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 28, 2019
Pay is competitive and the environment is welcoming and enjoyable. If this is your thing you will be happy here for a long time. Job is pretty specific though and will not provide a plethora of transferable skills.
Productive and fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 26, 2019
Weyerheauser is a very driven and fast paced place to work. It requires dedication and hard work. You have to be at work everyday, ready to learn and ready to practice safe work routines. You can and will get hurt if you do not follow the rules so you have to be willing to pay attention and be detail oriented
Pros
Health care, good management
Cons
Very fast paced
Poor management and no room for advancement
Master File Maintenance Transaction Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2019
I have been with the company for over a decade and there is no people development and very few opportunities in different departments. The company as a whole is not cohesive and leaves a lot to be desired.
Terrible place
Planner Mill Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 20, 2018
Bad team members, low pay and terrible management. Poor communication with extremely terrible working conditions. Stressful work with low benefits and low pay.
Excellent Company
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 12, 2018
Great place to work !The company had excellent management and great Maintenance team which made it an excellent place to work everyday. Whenever there were issues the management was quick to address them. This built employee confidence in the company.
Pros
excellent place to work
Factory Work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIDecember 5, 2018
Your typical union shop. Manufacturing boxes is exactly what it sounds like. Very repetitive and having to work with poorly maintained equipment was not fun
Productive and friendly staff
Master Utility (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 4, 2018
Productive and great teamwork , the supervisor was very understanding about private concerns . They have great benefits. The pay is good and the environment is pleasant
fun working
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 25, 2018
As Weyerhaeuser Employee , I learned a lot on Accounting Jobs . from Accounts Receivable , Accounts payable , helping the Manager to balance on his balance sheets , Depositing money in the bank , record keeping on all Employee files , those on vacations and time spent everyday for being Payroll Specialist.
Pros
fun working with people.
Cons
Have to leave for Adavancement . Be a real Estate Agent ..
Culture went downhill
Senior IT Director (LoB CIO) (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 24, 2018
When I started at Weyerhaeuser, it was a great place to work. Very stable, good leaders with good vision, collaborative work environment. All that changed when Weyerhaeuser decided to move their Federal Way headquarters up to Seattle--trying to fit into an environment that it was never suited for. They also merged with a company called Plumcreek--unfortunately, this injected many new leaders into Weyerhaeuser that micro-managed and took away much autonomy for other senior employees and leaders that worked at Weyerhaeuser. All in all, it's just not the same company it used to be with its great heritage and legacy. Unfortunate really.
Pros
Large enterprise--ability to see and experience things at scale.
Cons
Does not support autonomy for its employees, cut-throat leadership
Awesome place to work
Forklift Operator/Lumberjack (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 16, 2018
This job can get pretty hectic at times. Fast paced and busy work. Great management and supervisors. They are willing to train you on job specific duties.
Great Job at the time
FLEXO OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 15, 2018
This was a great place to work during the time. There was no room for advancement. I need something more challenging and needed a place to use my experience of Machine operation.
Pros
Dependable place to work
Cons
No Advancement
Relaxed atmosphere and everyone was friendly.
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2018
I rate my training a 10, and it was continuous. I learned a lot from Sales and Operations Dept. Operations employees complained about raises, they were minimal, at the same time Weyerhaeuser took care of everyone's needs.
I enjoyed my job and would have continued working there because I was looking for stability.
I did find that some in the sales department was not willing to learn how to do their job 100% because someone else was always doing the job for them. That would cripple others from doing their job efficiently. Overall, it is a good company to work for.
Pros
Lunches, clean environment, understanding managers, excellent training, friendly and fun coworkers, game days, promotions, company events
Cons
Some of the sales team were lazy, and need more than one trainer in Sales department.
Reach for perfection, achieve excellence
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OregonNovember 5, 2018
Demanding company with high standards, they are highly regulated, and have strong policies for everything. They have a fantastic training program for leaders but don't send people until they have been with the company usually for over 2 years. The days are long and can be stressful, it can be hard to feel like you are appreciated, or doing will. A better on-boarding program would be very helpful.
Pros
compensation, great medical
Cons
no vision, pto policy is lacking
Waste of time
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Idabel, OKNovember 5, 2018
You go to work every day wondering who is going to try to fire you. You are expected to do 60 hours of work in 20. Everything is falling apart and the parts you do actually get are wrong 70% of the time. Any REAL Millwright with self esteem and pride in his work should avoid this place.
Pros
Being home every nIght
Cons
Work every weekend
Fast paced, lazy co-workers, frustrating
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Millport, ALNovember 5, 2018
I work with people who are lazy and complain about there jobs and tasks which puts more work on us they are too reliant on us to fix their mistakes and clean up after them. Management is too non-confrontational so when you bring up issues up to them about other co-workers not doing their jobs or making too many mistakes they say nothing to them.
Weyerhaeuser Acquisition Team
Management (Former Employee) –  USOctober 30, 2018
Is a joke. Once you leave, don't expect to ever get rehired. Older workers do not get a fair shake at returning. Not sure what the rehire process is but it sure seems questionably selective.
Cons
It used to be a great place to work
Seasonal job
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NCOctober 26, 2018
Great work environment. This was my college seasonal position. Very physical demanding, industrial work environment. Very hot working spaces, learned how to operate a forklift, bobcat.
Pros
Summer job
Cons
Long work days shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weyerhaeuser. Our community is ready to answer.