Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

I worked there for 25 years.
Plant Manager/ Aberdeen Lumber (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 12, 2018
I started there as a kid and worked for 25 years, from clean up to management. I worked in all departments and put in a lot of hours.
The plant finally shut down.
Pros
Lots of training and expierience.
Cons
Shut down.
Productive and professional.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TN 38012June 8, 2018
A place with communication, professionalism, courtesy, and was able to meet different people on a daily basis. Employment was relaxing and healthy environment.
Pros
Short distance to work.
Cons
Opportunity to meet people on a daily basic.
See below...
Consultant (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 5, 2018
I Worked as a consultant, not a employee. While I had access to vital information and resources, I was not eligible for many of the companies programs.
great Job
Maintenance- MPS/Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJJune 4, 2018
this was awesome job , I really felt empowered to make my own decisions also I ran the safety program there and I felt the truly believed in the union stance
Pros
great company
Great Place to Work!
Log Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 31, 2018
Great place to work! Absolutely love it! They care about their employees and everyone really puts in 110% effort into making WY truly Great! It's continuous work but the atmosphere surrounding you makes the days worth it.
Weyerhaeuser is the place to be! One of the best 500 companies
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 20, 2018
Weyerhaeuser promotes and pays for leadership and young leaders just learning. One of the best companies for team work and diversity. Great pay and good benefits too!
Pros
LOTS of safety lunches
Cons
Most plants went Union
Weyco.= The plant/mill closure company!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 14, 2018
Don't make any long term financial commitments when working for this company and save every dime you can is the best advice I can give you if you choose to work for this company because it will likely be shut down with out any notice to you.
Weyco. has left a trail of destruction of family's behind them here in the northwest US, closing down countless facility's. To them your just an employee number and a brain dead person with a pulse if you work production with little if any room for advancement.
The hardest part of the job at Weyco. is just a terrible place to work if you have kids in school because most new people at best end up stuck on graveyard or at worst swing shift missing out seeing their children until the weekend and even then overtime can be mandatory.
The work place culture before weyc..was once was production, production,production,be careful out there since back in the late 60s.We set production record's year after year when the market needed our product and would scale back with everyone getting a furlough day during the hard time's when our product was less demanded.
Then after Weyco. came in and installed their "safety culture" our production went in the toilet! Trying to save a dime instead of making a dollar! And a short 5years later Weyco management said the plant wasn't profitable anymore and had to closed it down to make a long store short!
So I will let you make the call about weyco. management style.
The most enjoyable part of the job is your co-workers because all of you are in this together and want to make the best of it while it
  more... last. Some of us still keep in touch to this very day.  less
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor management
A nice place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NC 28621May 10, 2018
Nice people to work with. Safety was the main priority. Good hours and pay. overall I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the place and would recommend it to anyone who can work hard.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCMay 9, 2018
Your job depends on how the mill is running. Some days it is great the next its wide open from start to finish. Working here is great due to the team/ work family here. This is a special place in that regard.
Pros
Good pay for the area, Decent benifits, good work home balance, great co workers, Weyerhaeuser as a company has a lot of integrity.
Cons
Big, hot and dirty. Not a lot of advancment opportunities.
Senior Clerk position
SENIOR CLERK (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMay 3, 2018
I answered a multi line phone system. Did payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash reconciliation, greeting public,worked with office machines, etc
Cons
management was bad\
Summer Utilities (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIMay 2, 2018
Great company to work for. I was hired in as a summer hire, however was able to learn different aspects of each department. Also able to work with contractors through Weyerhaeuser.
Team orientated
Stores (parts) Department (Former Employee) –  Deerwood, MNMay 1, 2018
I would look up and dispense parts to the mechanics as needed. I would check stock and take inventory. we rotated 2 weeks day shift and 2 weeks night shift.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
the plant closed
Lack in employee consideration
Operator (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, LAApril 24, 2018
I would recommend this job to someone who is local and just beginning a career. Great starter job. No pay raises, everybody's paid the same with no room for growth
Pros
Cons
Not paid on experience
Absolutely no work/life balance
Dude (Former Employee) –  Dude Hole, COApril 24, 2018
Most of the time you are required to work 50 to 60 hours and travel a lot. It used to be 40 hours and no travel. They add work to your day as a "stretch goal" or "opportunity for advancement" with no reward.
Management more concerned with profits than employees
Technical Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 17, 2018
My review is negative as I was part of a division that Weyerhaeuser sold off. Little concern was given to the employees as the company management had decided to take the company in a radically new direction and was selling off pieces without regard to employees.
Great place to work and learn
Tax Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 13, 2018
Worked with great team members that help each other out. Lots of people you can go to for help. Open door policy made it easy to discuss and learn. Knowledgeable team members. Lots of built in processes that help with efficiency.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Low compensation
Great place to work.
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 10, 2018
The work I performed at Weyerhaeuser was quick paced and dead line based. It was stressful but enjoyable to be able to help people. I worked with some strong and intelligent people.
Converting Supervisor
Converting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHApril 6, 2018
Most of the hourly employees were really good to supervise. The Production Manager that was there at the time was difficult to work for and with. The was very load, aggressive and did not respect anyone. Also, he like to micro manage which doesn't give you time to do your job correctly.
Great Company
Operations / Safety Leader / Logistics (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 2, 2018
Really learn a lot about the industry and a great environment to work in. The workplace culture was very family oriented. the management team really cared about the employee.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
No growth
Good guys i worked around!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 25, 2018
Place was very inconsistent, with sites being shut down left and right. Wanted us to relocate but would not give any kind of pay increase to compensate us to do so!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weyerhaeuser. Our community is ready to answer.