Weymouth Public Schools

Working at Weymouth Public Schools: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

ESP-Paraprofessional

I loved my job when I seen Students who I worked with one on one succeed and achieve their goals. I loved hearing students saying "Thank you" to me for helping them, listening to them and helping them.Most of the staff that I have met became my friends. There is absolutely NO Training for this ESP (Paraprofessional) position. No warning about how students may act or lash out.

Great Experience and Training

This is a great place to work, minus the wage per hour and lack of hours is awful. I have to work 3 jobs to make our Mortgage. The Training is great.

Weymouth Public Schools insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Student centered work environment with job security and job advancement available. Also, there is tuition reimbursement for continuing education.

Productive and student centered learning environment. Students care about their student success and well-being. Our school is trauma sensitive and our building administration takes an innovative approach.

Pros

Supportive administrators in my building

Cons

Healthcare in not the best; high co-pays with the GIC plans

Weymouth Public SChools

I don't recall having to write reviews on Indeed in the past. Weymouth Public Schools seem to do the best within the limitations they have. Weymouth is a very diverse place when it comes to income levels and that shows in funding at the schools.

Exciting, busy, rewarding, low pay

I thoroughly enjoyed working with and teaching kids of all ages and dealing with other teaching professionals. Unfortunately, the pay did not justify the means.

Pros

busy, every day was different

Cons

low pay

Productive and fun place to work.

I enjoy working with kids. They make every day enjoyable. I have learned different things about kids. I get along with all of my coworkers. My hardest part is seeing kids in wheelchairs and not able to talk. The most enjoyable part is seeing the kids laugh and have fun.

Temp Job

Temp Job at Weymouth Public Schools as a per diem substitute teacher in the middle and high schools. It was fun while it lasted. Support from teachers was available.

Tense culture and unsupportive leadership.

The leadership of this district is a run by a bunch of clowns and dancing monkeys. The central administration is more concerned about staying off the front page of the newspaper rather than supporting their staff, which they can't seem to do. Also, it seems as if they are more concerned about their next jobs rather than the students well being. They frequently cut programs and scale back resources that students need in order to save money on the budget.. absolute joke.. Teachers are pressured and undermined by WHS leadership. They are only looking for wall flowers who will tow the company line.

Pros

Co-workers are good people.

Cons

Horrible leadership that creates a tense culture.

enjoyed working with students

volunteering at schools was a great way for me to stay active in my own child's school life and I loved being able to help out the teachers and schools.

Math Teacher, Health Phys Ed

I taught for almost 11 years at Weymouth. It was a long time ago and I fully enjoyed my experience. My management was terrific and many of my colleagues were just as great. Weymouth I suspect is a pretty typical large public school system. Things have changed considerably since I was there. The one thing that doesn't change is the relationship a teacher has with his/her students. That's a personal connection the teacher makes.

Pros

descent salary, benefits, summers off

Cons

new stress points that come with the times

enjoyable

productive and I love what I do. I love preparing breakfast I love the little bit of baking I do and then move on to the days meals. I enjoy doing it all

Decent place to work

It was what it was. Convenient place to home that was run by a mediocre administrative head which saw turnover all the time I was employed. I inherited a terrible assistant who I wanted to relocate but due to the union rules I was stuck with.

Pros

Excellent CYE Programs. Great kids for most part.

Cons

Turnover in administration which led to apathy in the staff.

enjoyed

I worked in the same school for 20 years and loved it there the staff were like family and working with kids are great and dealing with the parents was great.

Pros

been as one with everyone

Great team environment. Collaborative

Working in a busy school system in various health offices. Typically seeing between 15-50 students in a day. I learned a great deal about community health resources, screening tools (vision, hearing, BMI, postural). Workplace culture was collaborative and pleasant. The hardest part of the job was managing students with serious diabetes complications. Most enjoyable was the positive energy brought by the students.

Pros

Short days, pleasant environment.

Cons

Sometimes lacking resources.

enjoy my job

Working for Weymouth public Schools was the best decision I have made this far in my life. I have been apart of the Weymouth community my whole life, so its nice to be back where it all started.

Busy fast paced enviroment

I am responsible for greeting all visitors that enter the building. student attendance and general clerical duties. I enjoy meeting new people and getting to know the students and parents.

Public school catering to a large population

Weymouth High is the High School for the whole town of Weymouth. The teachers there are very dedicated to educational advancement of the students. I learned how to manage and grade a large population of students in a the classroom (25-30 students). The first portion of my student teaching was done here. I learned the basics of classroom management, the writing of effective lesson plans, and the record-keeping involved with being a teacher. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids and teaching literature. The hardest part of the job was the record-keeping, there is a large population at Weymouth High. This taught me that if a teacher falls behind on grading it can be very difficult to catch up but it is possible. The management team consisted of a dedicated staff with an attention to detail. They were tasked with keeping track of all the students in the school and this was done with great success.

Pros

Free periods, helpful staff, access to a union, retirement plan

Cons

large population, low pay

Wonderful place to work.

I work with an amazing staff. We all support and care for each other which makes for a happy, positive work environment. From the janitorial staff up to Administration, we all work together to create a great place to be.

Pros

Wonderful staff. Great hours.

Cons

10 month work year. Salary

Common questions about Weymouth Public Schools

Answered by current and former employees at Weymouth Public Schools

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weymouth Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits