Whataburger Employee Reviews

41.1K
Found 3,816 reviews matching the search See all 3,827 reviews
I loved Whataburger
Whataburger Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXAugust 15, 2018
I loved working at Whataburger. I worked there 2 times. Don't remember the dates. But I loved it there. Some co-workers were very sweet. I can't complain about working there.
Loved the environment
Office Administrator, Human Resources -Foundation (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
. i was very pleased and worked great with my team in the Foundation Dept. However, I was let go with no reason. Till this day it bothers me. I have reapplied several times and continue to get notification that another candidate was chosen. Upon leaving my supervisor did share with me that it was not my performance and that was all that was said. I wish someone could tell me what I did wrong or what was the reason. Please.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
none to mention
Fast paced, no room for nonsense
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXAugust 14, 2018
It's a really good company, but at the end of the day, it's fast food. Not too different from anywhere else. You're making a product to serve to customers and trying to be the most courteous and hospitable you can be.
Pros
discounted meals, manager bonus, benefits as a team member
Cons
it's fast food
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wharton, TXAugust 14, 2018
I generally enjoyed working at Whataburger. Till we received a new General manager. He hired an unnecessary number of employees and cut older employees hours. I went from getting a livable 35-40 hours to 25-33 hours.
Easy and they give you a a 401 k
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 14, 2018
The employees were lazy and didn't really try. It was stressful around lunch time as dinner time. The manager treated the employees like animals. It was an easy job but the way they treat the employees is not right.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Short breaks
Whataburger is a decent place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXAugust 14, 2018
Whataburger is a decent place to work. The management wasn't to great when I was there bu t this was years ago. I left mostly because of relocation problems bu t also because of management problems.
Very Fun and Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 14, 2018
Working at Whataburger was a very good experience especially on the weekends because you could see alot of things that will make you laugh. Also, get to know your daily customers and get to remember what they get and the store was very clean.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Working 5pm-3am
Decent first job at best
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 13, 2018
You do whatever they tell you to do. Management was very rude and demanding, as well as lazy!

The place was dirty and the environment and job moral were low.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
Love this place. The best environment and team building tactics that promote the brand. From senior leadership all the way down to the operations level everyone is happy and helpful.
Busy.
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed whataburger because i kept moving. I don’t like slow paced & standing jobs . Whataburger kept me on my feet but i didn’t have too much down time.
Eh
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hidalgo, TxAugust 13, 2018
If you asked for days or the manager who was doing the schedule didn’t like you. You will get your days cut off. Everything was fine at first but then they started getting unfair with their workers. ALOT OF FAVORTISIM.
Pros
Half off on meals
Cons
Managers are mean, almost no hours, very unfair
pruductive and friendly palce to work on
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 12, 2018
whataburger is a really great place for opportunities to work full-time because is a fast food restaurant and is always busy. it teach me how to multitask, how to pay attention to every costumer and what opportunities are for.
Stressful
Team Leader and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 12, 2018
People calling in to work. Short staffed almost constantly. High stress environment. Management can make it more stressful and may be highly irritable. Great for starting work or part time work but not for company advancement. Can be fun and happy work environment but also very stressful and chaotic.
Pros
Half off all meals. Long breaks. Given days off frequently.
Cons
Stressful due to management. Low hours. Low pay.
stressful, complicated
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 10, 2018
The manager was always rude, and I know you don't have to necessarily like everyone, but she didn't get along with anybody. The hardest part was making sure food was prepared correctly. I enjoyed getting to know customers as they came through the drive-thru.
Good management with subpar flexibility
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 10, 2018
I learned a lot from Whataburger. It gave me insight into customer service and the responsibilities the position entails. The hardest part of the job were the intangibles. Job flexibility was difficult to attain, and I was often working 4 hour days when I was scheduled for 8.
Fun and competitive but stressful when the rushes kick in.
Whataburger Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2018
Working at Whataburger is fun for like the first three months. Then each day and starts to get more and more boring and stressful. Some managers there have no idea what they are doing at all and it make the store struggle which stresses the employees. To sum up my experience at Whataburger it was not worth how much I was getting paid.
Pros
Discounts Very flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay wage
Good place to get your first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 9, 2018
Just stay focused on what your supposed to do and get the food out done and finished correctly on time to the right customers. Also keep your area clean so no injuries will happen.
It was as I expected
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX 77450August 9, 2018
I was a good experience as my first job, although there were some things i wasn't completely agree with it, is sure a excellent place with a good environment.
Good place to start working
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Isabel, TXAugust 9, 2018
Management is not that bad. Co-workers get along with each other well. On a normal day we sometimes have a few rush here and there. But we all try to help each other.
Good first job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 8, 2018
A friend of mine contacted me saying he needed help at his store, I was offered a job, it was my first job so the first few months were fun because it was the first time I was making money. As time went by we were under new management and he didn’t care about us or our lives, I was once scheduled
12p-7p. I ended up not leaving until 7am the next day with no break and was never allowed to sit down for a second, and after this experience for another yeah I decided it was best to leave
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours no breaks rude management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whataburger. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight