Whataburger Employee Reviews

A regular shift at Whataburger
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 24, 2018
A regular day at Whataburger is very quiet, depending on the peak hours, the communication and the support of the employees is kind, creating a healthy and constructive environment.
I really like my work, but not very convenient for the hours I work and the payment I receive.
Great place to work for A start job!
Cashier/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 24, 2018
I worked here while I was a senior in high school. This job is fast paced, and you meet a lot of people! I had more good customers than bad, and a lot of sweet regulars ! My Gm was so awesome and always worked with me as far as my scheduling went. My co-workers were awesome as well
Pros
Discount on food/flexible schedule
Cons
When it’s slow in the store, you don’t get as many hours and most likely will get sent home. Depending on what you are doing, you might be standing in one spot for a long time.
Relaxed, easy, fast paced environment
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2018
I learned everything from prepping the salad and veggies, meat to grill and make up table (making the burgers and packing them) to the fry station. Also drive thru and dinning room register.
Good workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKApril 23, 2018
It was a good job understanding managers! Just wasn't making enough to support my little family! Good shifts good people good managers! Great for a first job or high school students or for any one looking to be a manager
great family oriented
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 23, 2018
Whataburger the corporate owned stores are a better place to work at versus the franchise owned ones. Typically there are a lot of pre lunch , dinner, breakfast tasks that need to be done then between shifts there are assigned duties like cleaning and stocking.
Pros
free meals
Cons
breaks are not gaurenteed when busy
It was okay
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 23, 2018
It was okay working there and had lovely experience. However wasn't too happy with the pay I got. Work load is hard and difficult during the rush hours.
Walmart is more of a side job or first job type of place.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TX 76054April 23, 2018
Managers are diffrent store to store. A basic day to day I would clock in wash my hands clean and stock my station and make orders. It's a pretty easy job.
Fast Paced Environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 22, 2018
Worked with good team members. However management did have a high turnover which made it a challenge due to different management styles coming into the store.
Review Summary
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 21, 2018
This job is extremely stressful when taken seriously like I did. I worked for over two years at this place and felt I knew more than most managers just starting.
Whataburger
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALApril 21, 2018
My thoughts on Whataburger overall they are a great company to work for. My only things that really pushed me to leaving was other members of management and being told that I was gonna start my training soon and they pushed me around on it for almost 2 years because they kept moving me from store to store practically starting my process over again because those gm's have never worked with me before, and its frustrating training people higher up in management than you and not being paid for that like I think should happen if they are already higher then me as is.
Pros
Benifits!!
Nice place
Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Vidor, TXApril 20, 2018
It was a nice place to work with caring people. The hour were what i wanted and i love when i got my vacation. Its fast pass and stessful at time but its ok
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 19, 2018
Awesome team. Help with life situations. Definitely efficient and great I would recommend anyone to work there for a Whataburger awesome and customer service
It’s an okay place to work
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 18, 2018
It gets very stressful at times but as long as you have the right people working then it’s not so bad. The managers don’t always know what they are doing which sucks.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No insurance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 18, 2018
I met a lot of cool customers they would like it when you created small talk with them.
It was always busy but we were always smiling because it was like a family when we worked together.
Hard and busy work
Bastrop - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, TX 78602April 18, 2018
Working at Whataburger was tire sum but worth the paycheck. I worked an average of 45-50 hours a week and that was 100% on my feet, all day long. It took a toll on my body and mind but it paid my bills.
N/a
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Balch Springs, TXApril 17, 2018
Whataburger is a good place to work
They provide great quality food and service very clean and happy workers. I would recommend them to any one who wants to leave full and happy. Fast pace work environment
They stop being coworkers and start becoming family
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 17, 2018
Working at whataburger i made friends that i know will always be there for me. You are going to have some problems but there will always be someone to help you
Great beginning place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 17, 2018
This job is great opening for a teenager. No complaints. The most enjoyable part is the half priced food. The hardest part was juggling all orders but it is to be expected.
Pros
1/2 price food during work
Cons
Limited breaks over 18
Great place to work with a gm that does her job right.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 17, 2018
depending on your shift determines when you will be busy and when you will have down time to clean and restock your station.
While working there there i had a gm that was great at her. she would would put people at stations she knew they were strong at. On slow day she would switch it up so you could learn and get better at other stations.
The only hard part about working at whataburger is when its super busy and your extremely short handed.
you also get a discount on there food and who doesn't love whataburger food.
Pros
discounts on food and really simple to ask for time off
Cons
30 min breaks
Poor management. Awful attitudes.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 17, 2018
They don't train you or anybody for that matter. Lack of employees & seemed to only hire young kids who couldn't work other shifts so if you're over 18 expect to work over nights whether you like it or not. Over worked & underpaid!!!
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Hours, management, food service, staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whataburger. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

77out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Whataburger.