Whataburger

3.3Pay & Benefits

Found 2,481 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,304 reviews
fooddiscountmealfastmanagerhalfrushbreak

Very Good

Very good job just very fast paced other than that I loved it good environment and management . Very good business loved the weekly pay ! I liked it there

Young management

Young management. It’s cool if you just wanna sit around and get yelled at. Can only get a raise if you want to put your life on hold and the only thing you wanna do is whataburger

Whataburger insights

Based on 5,596 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Stressful

They make you multitask to the point where you’re stressed for $10 a hour , it’s a good starter but wow so they advantage of people for low pay making them work 5 positions at once

it was fine

they worked with my hours while I was in school. Sometimes they were hassles when trying to take time off. My managers and coworkers were friendly as well.

Pros

Breaks, compromising

Cons

stressful

Would not recommend

I did almost everything in the restaurant save for managerial duties, and I wasn’t recognized at all for it. Pay was pretty decent, I’ll give them that, but definitely a toxic culture to work around

Typical fast-pace with poor management

The work environment was typical for a fast food building. My specific location had poor management, except for the team leads I got to know. My regulars were the best part of my day, along with my crew. Pay is fine for those still in school, but it’s not competitive and management had horrible pay promotion and frequently lied to their crews. Overall an okay business if you need quick money while in school, but a poor full-time job when it come to pay and time off. There’s no PTO for regular crew, barely any OT since it gets taxed, and Holiday OT was never worth it, despite what they’ll say. My specific OP was very new to the position and was poor at it. OP and regular managers at my location were the true downside, but an okay business if you’re just looking to clock-in, work, and clock-out without caring much about your day.

Pros

Employee discount on food, Free drinks, Provided uniform(s)

Cons

No PTO, No healthcare, Poor management

Alright place

The management is alright but sometimes they change your schedule without telling you. Sometimes won’t leave on time. Stingy with hours. The only good thing is they pay weekly.

Great company to work for.

Highest paying food establishment as far as fast food wise (even though we are not considered a fast food restaurant). Overall great company to work for, competitive wages, weekly pay and 2 holidays with time and a half. Great chances for advancement within the company as well.

Not for the faint of heart.

First off, it should be noted that this location is a training store that has a high turnover rate. They send a good portion of their employees to other locations regularly, and a lot of employees are in and out of the store within a few months. Because of that, they are understaffed a lot, especially in the morning shift. Secondly, the managers, while competent at getting orders out, do not extend themselves to get to know you that much, except if you are a team leader or above. It could be due to an uncertainty of job security, for themselves or for others, because of the bean counter-esque mindsets of their supervisors. They call the employees Family Members, but that title should be heavily debated. The already difficult workload and reputation of the company is also not improved by the top managers much. They can be quite hard to deal with at times. Thirdly, while one of the few bright spots in this company is a free meal every shift, the scarcity of employees obligates you to not take a sizable enough break to enjoy it. At that point, you'd be better off working through your break and not eating the food in order to supplement your underfunded paycheck. Need a raise or health insurance as well? You'll wait at least six months for either of those, probably longer. Lastly, and this is the egregious part, good employees are intentionally pitted together like bulldogs in a dogfight by the top managers in order to fire one and keep the other, instead of rewarding both for exceptional work. Still want to work here? Well....good luck to you.

I wouldn’t work here if I were you

This job is stressful and constant running around, I was supposed to get 4 raises and revived 1 which everyone got. I never got the 3 personal raises. I hated this job and everyone I knew that worked here including management also deeply hated it. You can pick your hours, however if it isn’t convenient for management they will change them to what they want. I started working 30 hours a week (while going to school) I never changed my scheduled hours but I ended up with 12 hours a week. Pick another job if you have any self respect.

Great place to grow into the company

I started in whataburger at 16 years old. I got the chance to move up to team leader and then to manager. Unfortunately my health took a turn and i had to leave. With the right General manager whataburger is a great place to work

Pros

50% off meals, great chance to move up in the company

Cons

Short breaks, on your feet, sometimes short staffed

Ok place to work

My location is decent to work at. The team will work around your schedule as best they can. Sometimes headquarters can get frustrating with requirements. If you need good pay and more than 20hrs a week you need too look at staying away from the two Blanco rd locations. These two locations are slow in the evening hours.

Fun

Working was always fun! They try to their best to do a schedule that works best for you.! And weekly pay!

Very busy but that makes day go quicker.

Overall a good place to work. Great benefits and a lot of opportunity to advance if you are willing to work hard.Excellent development program for managers.

Good first job

The managers and team leaders become like family. They are very supportive. It is a great first job, but raises are not common. Everyone is super understanding.

Fun workplace , extremely face paced

Good starter job just for the experience. Try and be there on time and your bosses will respect you a lot more. Pay is good and coworkers are even better.

Fun work place

Help you with school, raises every 6 months. Very flexible with schedules, allow you to pick your shifts. You decide the hours you want to put in and 401k

Good benefits 1/2 off meals. Its a good place to start a first job. There is room to go grow and become a shift lead or manager. They pay well and you will get a decent bonus.

Great atmosphere

Worked for a franchise but the management and ownership did care about there employees. Okay benefits Great, good hours and great vacation. The pay rate I would say is above average.

Great place

Great place to work-learning alot and love seeing all the tourists on vacation having fun! Whataburger is a very good company to work for weekly pay

Fun work place

Great place to work for the most part it has a good work place environment. Can be a bit unprofessional and it can be hard to get hours because their labor is high. The management tries to work with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whataburger. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Whataburger.
Powered byComparably