Whayne Supply Company Employee Reviews

No decent managers, co-workers stab you in the back
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40223December 8, 2018
Horrible place to work. Management only cares about themselves & how much money they make at your expense. You never receive positive recognition for your hard work. Your co-workers will stab you in the back any moment they can, then turn around and lie to your face.
Pros
Cons
Way too many to list
Very fast pace and little communication on future movement.
Service Writer (Middletown CAT Rental Store) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 11, 2018
Whayne Supply is in a very exciting and fast paced construction equipment industry. The hours required to complete projects are long with very little guidance on expectations. Outside of service technicians there is very little room for advancement. There are frequent employee layoffs and rehires.

The benefits have decreased at a consistent pace and the perception is of a very disconnected management and employee culture is evident.

Since the region has lost much of the coal mining business that it enjoyed for over 100 years, moving to a more construction and agriculture based company has taken a toll on Whayne. It is evident that the CEO is trying to maintain a high level of business but very little attention is being paid to the ground level front line workers that work with customers every day and it is starting to show. This is not a healthy place for a construction machinery dealership.
Pros
There is very little down time and it fly's by.
Cons
Decreased benefits and the culture is steadily moving away from the family owned company culture.
good company
Area Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, KYJuly 27, 2018
Stable company - Management/Salary employees will work ALOT if looking to advance. Hourly Techs are in demand and have lots of Overtime Opportunities.
Started out ok but company has continued downhill during entire employment time span.
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 9, 2018
I did learn a lot however i do not wish to go into great detail at this time over the status of the company and my reason for leaving. I respect the people enough not to be overly vocal about their short cummings.
Pros
Good customers and a lot of good co-workers
Cons
Poor Management and upper leadership.
A big family business
Minion (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2018
If you are in the clique, you are gold.

Not one single supervisor/manager knows what an evaluation is for. They simply write some subjective opinion on paper and turn it in. If your good at your job they dont care. If your bad at your job they dont care. If your in the clique, or liked by a clique member, then your a good employee.

The place is ran by salesmen. If you dont have that swarmy superficial charm of a used car salesman, you're going to struggle. You personality & social skills are 99.99% of making it @ Whayne.
Pros
If your a loveable moron that cant do your job right, they'll laugh your mistakes away and keep you employed.
Cons
If you are diligent, skilled, & care about getting it right, they wont like your personality, and you'll have a very hard time fitting in.
Blue collar work environment
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2018
Great place to work at with great laid back people. Some jobs easier than others. Great place for advancement if you are willing to relocate across Kentucky.
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2018
Lots of favoritism, nothing kept confidential. Everyone knew your personal business. Favorites not being managed, attendance was horrible. No accountability/
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Nothing kept confidential
Work for Life Company with Little advancement for Non Managment
Information Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2017
As in the title, I feel that me, nor the new application development hire has no shot in career advancement. Most people end up working there for 15+ years, management included, and there's not a big shot for anyone getting fired since everyone is family there.

The backbone for application development is ASP.NET WebForms, which for me feels incredibly dated. In the time I've been there, I've learned about MVC.NET and some Javascript frameworks on my own and seen how much of a splash theyve made and how resistant to change this company has been.
Good place
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 4, 2018
Good people making the best of a business in an industry that has undergone huge changes. Company is trying to do too much with too little in the way of employees
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
short staffed
Good family company
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2018
Amazing workplace you will fell like in a family. Nice people and amazing HR.
I had to leave for personal reason otherwise I would ever left.
Best place in louisville
Too many broken promises
Welder (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 14, 2018
Whayne supply bought the employees and equipment that used to belong to Bucyrus. When transitioning, Whayne supply had talked a big game about how great they were and promised the world. I worked there for six months before finding other work because they did not deliver one single promise.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
good place to work.
Diesel Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 13, 2012
Good place to work ,good people to work with. Great shop good equipment . Only day shifts, you receive lots of training . you work on Caterpillar engines,Thomas buses , and Cat equipment.The people in the shop are the best in the world to work with.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
raises and advancement are slow
Good environment
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Liked the job but just needed more money. Good environment, good company. But due to decline of coal industry, money was tight. Insurance was expensive with high deductible and going up.
Great place to get a start, but not reason to want to advance
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYApril 9, 2015
This is a good place to start working and get training. You get the chance to work with skilled mechanics, and attend classes to learn. The trouble is that once you make it to the top of the pay scale, you can make more money as mechanic than you can as a supervisor. this a hurt the their leadership, because they have to hire a lot of supervisors who have never turned a wrench. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to travel around to all the different mines and working on all the different equipment. Everyday was different and challenging.
Pros
Great learning experience
Wonderful
Warehouse Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 2, 2017
The best place I have ever worked. Good parent company and good management and ownership on lower level. Most managers were down to earth and understood the work place since they had worked on the floor before. Wonderful place to work.
Great learning experience and new friendships
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYFebruary 11, 2014
As summer help, I did a variety of jobs, from mowing grass to repairing a final drive for a D11R bulldozer. I had some experience in this kind of work all my life with my grandfather, who did a variety of things from mechanical work to construction to agriculture. But at Whayne, I learned even more. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I still talk to them to this day. It was only a summer job so I don't know all the ins and outs of the place, but overall it was a fairly fun place to work.
Productive hard working environment
#1 shop technician (Former Employee) –  Cannonsburg, KYJuly 17, 2017
Good pay benefits could of been better. Alot of long hours. Always at the house , didn't have to work out of town to much. Enjoyed working there.
Pros
Didn't have to work out of town
Cons
Benefits could of been better
used to be great, but not so more!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Upper Management, and yes I am talking about the Boyds, is so out of touch with reality, and will not listen to reason. Yep, keep the blinders on boys! I was hired from a competitor and it was the worst mistake I ever made!
Pros
it is a job, nothing more
Cons
management hires their buddies in high positions, but those people have no real rental equipment experience!
Enjoyed my work.
Field Service Technician & EPG Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed my work as well as my co-worker's, management was allways responsive and willing to provide tools and training if shown to be beneficial.
Pros
woking in the field.
Cons
company was coal dependant, leading to a layoff.
Productive Fast Paced
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 8, 2017
My typical work day includes: Approving time, open work orders, close work orders, receive payments from cash customers (branch level), answer telephones, keep up-to-date safety records, etc.
Pros
Excellent employees to work with
Cons
Started new system, short lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whayne Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.