Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A Great Place to Work
HR Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2018
The level of professionalism and compassion that is displayed within the organization, is very refreshing. The mission and company values are taken seriously and just an overall wonderful company to work for.
Exciting and fun
Insurance Verifier/Pre-Certification (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 14, 2018
I was at Wheaton for 16 years. I learned so many things that I still use today. I met a lot of wonderful people. I had the very best bosses a person could ask for.
Pros
Learning a lot
Cons
Seeing the smiles on patient's faces
Strong foundation/Poor management
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2018
Working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare had its ups and downs. Culture was create, benefits were OK. Ran into a terrible boss who felt threaten by anyone who showed potential.
A non profit organization with a wonderful mission and values which allowed me the opportunity to move up in the company and exhibit my skills
Manager, Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was the independence I was allowed to complete my job
Questions were always answered within a reasonable timeframe..
Wonderful company to work for
Emergency Department Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WI 53132July 26, 2018
Wheaton Franciscan is an amazing company to work for. I am looking to change companies/positions because I recently moved and am looking for a position closer to my new home.
Productive and fun place to work!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, WIJuly 12, 2018
Great staff! Opportunity for advancement and company is always willing to accommodate staff members. Managers can be somewhat iffy but overall great facility to work for.
Excellent working environment, friendly staff, colleagues work as a team, excellent management.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2018
WFH now Essentions, was an excellent place to practice PT. I worked at many different facilities and hospitals. Work environment was always challenging, fresh, and kept me on my toes, Supportive staff and worked as a team. Although it was fast paced, at the same time it was relaxed. Supervisor and management were fair, friendly, helpful, learning environment, constructive criticism, a place where you can grow as a therapist.
Pros
Excellent system and management, benefits and salary, team approach to provide quality care, friendly staff, a place where you can grow, endless reasources.
Cons
No longer contracting with other vendors and SNFs, work that fit my skills and experience are limited.
Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time working, there is room for updates in charting system. The electronic charting don't talk to each other, multiple different systems, I do understand they are working on it.
Pros
Education
Cons
Charting
Fine until Ascension
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 21, 2018
Working at Wheaton was a great job until Ascension Healthcare came in and took over the company. They didn't know what they were doing and made hundreds of jobs cuts to departments that were already short staffed.
Awesome job
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits and co-workers all are hard working. we worked as a team and everyone was happy when we came to work. All the bosses were nice and got along well.
Pros
great pay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company because of the flexible hours and the continual education that was required which allowed you the confidence in the work.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2018
It was hard trying to get 13 individuals up each morning while sharing Hoyer lifts and sit to stands with other CNA workers on the floor. The communication was not completely communicated to all staff. It was more or less every person for themselves. But I tried to keep going for the patient's. But trying to maintain two jobs where difficult with the stress and timely manner of being on time to each job.
Pros
Cons
Two 15min breaks
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2018
Excellent place to work. I worked there and then came back, I was very happy with the company.If given the opportunity to work as director, I would be more than happy to take the position.
Pros
Fair
Cons
Working every other weekend
Patient Service representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIMay 6, 2018
Excellent training,enjoyable work,nice cafeteria,good system for providing job functions (Epic),most employees are hard working and truly care about the patients.
Pros
enjoyable job
Cons
would prefer not to say
Nice environment
Terrace st francis (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company everday. Everyday brought something new, slow paced, fast paced overall work was excellent. I worked with a great group off people.
way to go!!
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2018
it was a great place I enjoyed working with the RN's it was a Hospice Medical Records office, I learned about how to create Patient Medical files, It really help me to become really effective with Excel and Word.
Pros
flexiable hours
A good place to work
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 24, 2018
Compassion and care for each other. Associates, doctors, patients and family members value the contributions of chaplains. Chaplains collaborate among themselves in providing compassionate ministry.
Pros
Care for one another
Cons
Needs a little more pay to meet with the cost of living
Overall productive and balanced
FOOD SERVICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2018
I worked at a Wheaton Franciscan Nursing home so my experience was a lot different and I didn't receive any benefits. The job was fast paced and the management worked well with the employees.
Fast paced office with no help from others
Administrative Assistants (Current Employee) –  Brown Deer, WI 53209April 8, 2018
Alot of people doing the same thing in the office but no teamwork at all. A few people try to micromanage the office even though they have no idea of the ins and outs of the daily routine.
internship
Practicum and Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2018
I had the best supervisor at St. Joes for MH counseling services. I received the great feedback, was allowed to grow within the field and promote new ideas, and learned so much from my supervisor. I could not have asked for a better mentor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight