WHEEL PROS
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Working at WHEEL PROS: 47 Reviews

United States47 reviews

Great coworkers and management but lack of communication between upper management and lower management.

There was good pay, good hours, miscommunication with different managers happened often and multiple problems happened because of that. Overall positive job and good coworkers.

Terrible waste of time

Management is in disray. Not great benefits. If I could take back my decision in working here I would. Save yourself the time and headache. This is not a decent employer to work for. They are not a people company. It's all about profits and overhead.

WHEEL PROS insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment

Fun environment, great people

Great environment, growth opportunities, great leaders. Compensation is better than average for the industry and area. Lots of opportunities for growth, training, and advancement. Put in the hard work and you will be recognized. Management is supportive for the most part and easy to talk to.

Not a job you want

Many promises made, none kept. Management has absolutely NO idea what they are doing. New employees barely last a week before quitting. No real job security and they care little for dedicated employees. Speaking from first hand experience. Favoritism runs rampant and long time employees are allowed to do absolutely nothing. Warehouse workers were reprimanded for collectively complaining about individuals that do nothing and as a result had their overtime taken from them. We were told that was our punishment for speaking out.

Pros

Cons

See for yourself if you chose to work there

Not for forklift drivers

WP gave me the run around. Hired as a forklift operator. Ended up on load line in paint department. Sure I was driving a forklift. But only 5% of my shift. The other 95% I was picking up rims (10-49lbs) by hand and putting them on a line. Paint department works 5 12hrs in a row while the rest of plant works the 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off schedule. Benefits were great and the HR department is great. Do not come here if you're looking to drive a lift. That will not be your priority.

The big corporation that is run like a small business

I absolutely loved working for wheel Pros and I was extremely sad to have to leave. I always felt respected and on equal ground with everyone else there. Benefits were decent. The pay was decent. But most of all, the work environment was outstanding. I'm 43 years old and I have worked at many many places throughout my life, but a place like wheel Pros is few and far between.

Very productive work place and very fun. I loved every moment and day working there.

I would love to work there again if I was offered the job again. Nothing bad really. What stands out good to me was everything. Everything was well organized. Everyone had positive attitudes and Positive feedback when asked a question.

Cons

Good employees, free lunch, bad management

Management is no help for any sort of bad situation. Supervisor adds stress to employees and can not reason with him. Promises job security but lays people off for not having enough work orders for everyone. Supervisor is no help and makes it unbearable to deal with even to have a small matter be resolved.

The workers there make it a good place to work and the work is pretty straight forward But the management is terrible

I liked this job but one major problem with the company is that the management is not equipped with the skills to effectively run the branch. They scramble to hit numbers and yell and push. They ask for additional hours without prior notice making a life outside of work next to impossible. Another thing is that I would ask for time you off at least a week in advance and when it came down to it they tried to guilt me and beg me to come in sometimes telling me they “don’t remember approving that”. They even wrote me up for stuff and never directly came up to me and told me what was wrong and how I our do better. The cherry on top was when I asked for a few days off( with advanced notice) for my wife’s surgery. She needed extra care for that time while at home. During that time they notified me through a 3rd party company that I had been fired. They don’t care about there employees in the end despite being friendly on the surface. I do not recommend working here!

A very stressful work place

Not a good work environment very stressful and poorly managed people are treated. Like dirt and talked to like an abusive animal constant threats surrounding your job

Somewhat good place to work if your look for good pay

Management and hr are terrible at this job! The pay is ok bit the best but there is no room for advancement and the raises aren’t great get all you can coming in the door! The hate for you to take vacation even when you have pto! And the benefits are even worse healthCare is very high!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Benefits and management

Very dynamic, interesting, and fascinating!

The business model presents many challenges in manufacturing with one product having many variations depending on what is required to be produced. This keeps the job interesting and dynamic. I'm involved in the development department and very much enjoy to be a part and watch the entire process from a drawing to the final product; fascinating! Also, it is very rewarding to see our products out on the street and to know that it is was made at home.

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and rewarding.

Cons

Needs more space

A lot of work, but favoritism

There was a lot of work which is always good, however; there was a lot of favoritism. This led to workers that were not working hard if even at all would get promoted yet the hard working over achievers wouldn’t. I tried to change to a new department because the “leader” prevented me from showing that I can do much more than just one task; and that I have a lot of potential. I was told when first hired that I would be moved into office when available; but I never was. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and working, I would have enjoyed working there longer and recommend it to others as a place to work

Pros

A lot of hours, good pay, advancement

Cons

Favoritism, a lot of hours

Good benefits and coworkers snitch on each other

Working at KMC wheel pros was good. If we do our job and keep up with everything our boss will gift us something good with food for lunch. Bad thing is that everyone goes against each other and down work as a team.

Fun place to work

Its great place to work with great people to work with, there are many opportunities for growth. As long as your doing your job, everything goes smoothly.

Pros

Environment

Great environment to work

Awsome place to work. Id definitely go back. The people were great to be around. Bignon safety. Great work ethic and flow from all employees. Room to grow as well

Pros

Great team spirit and support

Cons

Needed more OT

This company really cares for their Employees.

Wheelpros gave me a chance of a life time, I started in Buena park as a order picker then they made me a lead in Accessories which I love my squad. Then got the opportunity to be a safety specialists #2. I did make some good Choices at WHEELPROS Management treat you like family that I come to love and respect.

Pros

Love the Wheels, and we get Apparel for the web sire

Cons

There's no cons in my book.

Great company to work for

Great company great pay. Always growing. Fast paced fun environment. Day goes by super fast. Management always helps when you need assistance. .......

Pros

Pay room to move up

Cons

Ok place to work! If you don't mind being micromanaged!

Management is not the best. They nit pick and micromanage you. The Management have favorites. It can be very cold in winter and very hot in the summer!

Pros

Ok pay depends on what department you're in.

Cons

Management sucks.

Great instatution

Day to day operations balanced and phones always busy. Overall mutual respect between employees and management selected employees self empowered creates unstable balance of a true work culture.

Fun industry. 20 years in the past in regards to employee relations

Overall, my role was outstandingly fun from the get-go. Wheel Pros however is living in the past in EVERY way - especially when it comes to their treatment of their employees. You do not receive PTO until you have been at the company for an entire year and then you only receive 2 weeks. There is very little work/life balance and at the end of the day, your job is never secure.

Common questions about WHEEL PROS

Answered by current and former employees at WHEEL PROS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WHEEL PROS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.2Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight