Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews in Wheeling, WV

Not worth it.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 4, 2019
At first, the job wasnt bad. However, with the high turnover rate that the dietary department has it soon became a lot more challenging. Management would schedule employees 7+ days in a row and not blink an eye. Certain behaviors from coworkers got swept under the rug.. Credit was rarely given when due.
Learned that team work is very important.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 28, 2019
Management was decent. The hardest part was having stat rooms. The most enjoyable was having good co workers. A typical day at work would be going in and doing my best.
Close knit group of employees
Emergency Room Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 20, 2019
The ER was fast-paced and frequently demanding. There wasn't much downtime on the day shift.

The variety of patients and the other staff made it an overall enjoyable experience.
Terrible Place to work!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 9, 2019
Management was very inappropriate and didnt care too much about the staff. Over worked and under paid. Enjoyed a few of my co-workers.
No parking for any of the staff. Never had a chance to take a break without feeling like someone is watching you. This company is not a good place to work but if you find the right department and the right and respectful manager you could possibly retire from there. I thought I was going to retire from there until things changed, but changed for the better I suppose.
Whatever you do DO NOT go there and work until the current Administrator is gone, hopefully that is sooner than later!
I hated it
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 7, 2019
Worked short staffed continually. Had to be a nurse and an aide . Works one aide to 30 some patients. Pay sucks. Management sucks. Worked 12 hour shifts and felt like I worked straight 24 when I left. If management doesn’t like you they will continue to dig to find reasons to get rid of you, depending on the color of your skin.
Terrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 1, 2019
Overall the worst place to work...if you are a phlebotomist try looking elsewhere I promise wheeling hospital is one of the worst places to work. So please do yourself the favor and stay far away from wheeling hospital! The coworkers are great but HR and management Are terrible and never listen to your concerns or care about you’re health whatsoever.
August 8, 2019

We would be interested to learn more about your bad experience. Please call HR at 304-243-3213. We strive to address employees concerns, but unfortunately circumstances sometimes don't provide the remedy suggested by the employee. We would like to know more about your situation to determine if a mutually agreed solution was available.

Sr. Director HR

Backstabbing from new interns
Information Technology (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 22, 2019
The working environment is nice, but certain Interns are backstabbers. What they did is; wait until you remote into a customers computer system that you already logged into as the person doing the tech job, they then remote in from another PC, delete the customers information/work and current browsers, and since you were already logged in as the person doing the tech job, she made it look like you messed up the customers PC and you get terminated. AND secretly goes to human resource and tells lies on a regular employee that has been there for a year and half, gets him fired too, AND she (new intern) gets rid of the competition (other intern) and the (regular full time employee) AND take his job with no problem and the Management didn't catch it!!! There is also a few tech employees that are conniving as well; if they don't like you, for any reason, your gone!
Pros
Nice environment to work in.
Cons
Don't trust anyone, especially a certain female intern that is out for herself!
July 23, 2019

We take all comments seriously and strive to improve as an employer. This comment has us somewhat confused as the IT Department has not had Interns for several years. Also, the scenario in no way resembles any situation that has occurred. Either the comment is from many years ago, or a different employer. We would be happy to discuss to better understand the issue. Thank you.

Sr. Director of HR
304-243-3213

hours are great
Refund Clerk, Patient Accounting (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 3, 2019
the schedule is good and there are times to work for everyone, there is a considerable amount of flexibility if time is needed off and the ability to make up time for appointments
I love Working there should of never left
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 30, 2019
It was a good place to work always met new people. The boss was very understandable and co workers make you feel right at place..always a good time...
Pros
Overtime
Wouldn’t recommend
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 10, 2019
No support for employees. Pay not comparable to years of experience. Not interested in Monday thru Friday. Poor parking for employees Human Resources disorganized
June 11, 2019

Sorry you had a bad experience and we would be happy to discuss if you would please contact the Human Resource office at 304-243-3213. I feel obligated to mention that our pay schedule is very competitive and I would be interested to review your specific details if you decide to call. As for a Monday thru Friday work schedule, I believe the majority of Nurses understand that a Hospital is open 24/7, holidays and weekends. Monday thru Friday is not generally feasible in the nursing field. Finally, as for parking, the hospital made some employee parking adjustments out of concern for patients and their guests. At Wheeling Hospital, we believe that the managing of parking assignments must always take patients best interests first. Thank you for your comments and we would be happy to discuss further. Sr. Director of HR.

Pleasant work environment
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 4, 2019
With a pleasant environment and friendly staff, Wheeling hospital was a great place to work. Its been many years since I was an employee but I enjoyed it very much.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
June 5, 2019

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us! Becoming the employer of choice is our goal.

Lab extremely unorganized
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 21, 2019
If you want a lab director who falls asleep while at work and doesn't care about what is actually happening in the lab then this is the job for you. The way the lab is run seriously needs an overhaul. Everyone is overworked and always short staffed. Also the techs sometimes only have a schedule for the next three days. The director puts everything she should be doing on other people who already have more on their plate then they need and I will give cuddos to them as they always manage to do their best to help everyone and do the tasks that are not their responsibility.
Pros
Great healthcare and PTO
Cons
management schedule lazy people
May 15, 2019

We do not wish for any employee’s experience to be a negative one. Our new Lab Director has made several positive changes to the laboratory operations. These changes have made a positive impact to our Laboratory and our patients. Change can be difficult at times but necessary. A great example, is the recent changes to our referral lab operations, these changes produced excellent results! Increasing efficiency and patient care! Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? Please feel free to contact our HR Director at 304-243-3213.

Overworked
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 19, 2019
Overworked and low pay
Having 20 patients on midnight shift should never be a thing!! Bad management!! Other staff members don’t help you at all HR doesn’t listen to you
Benefits
Cons
Low pay over worked
May 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive. We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. The HR Director can be reached at 304-243-3213 to talk to you about your experience.

Good place to gain experience working in all areas of the radiology field
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 26, 2019
Work not evenly done by everyone
Only seniority workers have set shifts
No opportunity within department to move up
Management doesn’t have day to day knowledge of problems within department
Pros
Marketable wage
poor management, long hours, understaffed, unappreciated, micromanaged
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WV 26003March 26, 2019
Worked at Wheeling for 4.5 years, and would not recommend it. Management is poor at best. Management positions are promoted from within and probably shouldn't be for the most part. They are unprofessional, not qualified, and do not manage properly. They do not understand or can explain their own policies. They expect you to work 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and they do not care if you have a break or lunch. They randomly alter your schedule to suit the needs of their co-worker friends. You cant do enough for these people unless you are a close friend of the department manager. And if you express your concerns, they either fall on deaf ears or you are likely to be made an example of. Kind, caring and compassionate should never be associated with this hospital at least when it comes to its management and CEO.
Pros
free parking
Cons
poor management
CNA Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 25, 2019
Great patients
Good coworkers
Always learning something new
Room to grow and advance your career
Never boring
Some bad managers
Good caffeteria
No parking
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Schedule
May 15, 2019

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission!

The benefits are decent, but there is very poor management in some departments and very unfair treatment of some employees.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 29, 2019
In my department there is favoritism shown to certain employees, while other employees are singled out and given the worst shifts and the worst workload.

Wheeling Hospital does not care about the well being of their employees. If you no longer want to work in the department that you currently work in and would like to apply for another position in the hospital to transfer out of your department, for whatever reason you may have, even if you are willing to take a lesser paying position to do so, Wheeling Hospital will not allow you to transfer to another department in the hospital if it is what they refer to as a lateral move.
Pros
Decent benefits.
Cons
Very poor management in some departments and very unfair treatment of some employees..
no work life balance
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 8, 2019
not good work life balance manager is very rude
most staff are after eachother and try to get people fired. Management not very caring , director more concerned about staff. Management actually yells at staff and cusses
Pros
director is great
Cons
nasty manager
I would not recommend
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 4, 2019
I worked briefly for the new Skilled Nursing Facility, my employment lasted around 2 months. I never intended to stay, I only picked up a second job due to a financial hardship. During my time there however, the working conditions were stressful, often i worked a 30-1 Ratio. The facility itself is poorly managed by staff that not only prove they could careless about their employees but will also throw you under the bus if given the chance. I seen many shady behaviors during my short employment with the company. Even though I was making 3.00 more an hour, i didn't feel the money was worth what Aides had to tolerate on a daily basis. The patients weren't bad, the unfair work load was my problem. And lack of compassion or compromise from management. I feel there is much room for improvement with this company. I feel the lack of respect from management is mainly their cause for such a high turn over rate as well. I was not impressed by this employer.
Pros
Good pay, guaranteed hours, good medical coverage.
Cons
Lack of respect and team work from staff.
Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 29, 2018
This was one of the more difficult jobs that I had. It was long hours and tough work. However I loved every minute of it. I love to take care of people and get to no them on a different level, I would grow relationship with the patients and look forward to coming in to work every day.
May 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheeling Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Wheeling Hospital Reviews by Location