Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

poor management
Medical Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 1, 2015
The department I worked in had a tremendous turnover. Almost 1/4 the employees in the department would leave within a year of starting because of poor management. They do not allow for lateral transfers anymore so if hired don't expect to be able to transfer to another department unless you are moving up the ladder, if that's available. Co-workers did not pull their weight. The harder you worked the more management expected you to do to make up for others, Benefits are great but most employees could be heard all saying the same negative things about management. It is more that just one department in the hospital with management issues.
Pros
benefits
Cons
poor management
Productive work environment and reliable staff members
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 6, 2014
I help answer incoming calls, return patients calls once there inquiry was answered by the doctor, I schedule surgeries as well as follow up appointments, I call for authorizations on procedures, filing, vitals, setting up the rooms for the doctor, faxing information to the appropriate parties, fill out FMLA forms, etc.