Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

Overworked
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 19, 2019
Overworked and low pay
Having 20 patients on midnight shift should never be a thing!! Bad management!! Other staff members don’t help you at all HR doesn’t listen to you
Benefits
Cons
Low pay over worked
Official response from Wheeling Hospital
May 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive. We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. The HR Director can be reached at 304-243-3213 to talk to you about your experience.

I would not recommend
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 4, 2019
I worked briefly for the new Skilled Nursing Facility, my employment lasted around 2 months. I never intended to stay, I only picked up a second job due to a financial hardship. During my time there however, the working conditions were stressful, often i worked a 30-1 Ratio. The facility itself is poorly managed by staff that not only prove they could careless about their employees but will also throw you under the bus if given the chance. I seen many shady behaviors during my short employment with the company. Even though I was making 3.00 more an hour, i didn't feel the money was worth what Aides had to tolerate on a daily basis. The patients weren't bad, the unfair work load was my problem. And lack of compassion or compromise from management. I feel there is much room for improvement with this company. I feel the lack of respect from management is mainly their cause for such a high turn over rate as well. I was not impressed by this employer.
Pros
Good pay, guaranteed hours, good medical coverage.
Cons
Lack of respect and team work from staff.
Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 29, 2018
This was one of the more difficult jobs that I had. It was long hours and tough work. However I loved every minute of it. I love to take care of people and get to no them on a different level, I would grow relationship with the patients and look forward to coming in to work every day.
Official response from Wheeling Hospital
May 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service.

Okay place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 14, 2017
Nursing staffing ratios are not the greatest. Many of the seasoned nurses are not friendly towards students and new staff. Hospital does not encourage a friendly learning environment.
Stressful and alot of favoritism
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 12, 2017
I worked for Wheeling hospital for about four months. I was a nursing assistant which you don't have to be certified they had me doing all kinds of things that a nursing assistant shouldn't be doing at least not without the proper certification! They hire you for a certain floor and when someone calls off they will constantly pull you where ever coverage is needed. Working there was nothing but a stressful environment.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 17, 2017
I would personally say they should take a look at there management and maybe change a couple. Especially on IMU. I worked almost 120 hrs per pay and when I ended up sick and couldn't come to work per my doctor and per there corporate health doctor, I was wrote up and fired, I was also got wrote up and sent home for working a night shift with 104.1 temp, but if I would have called off I would have gotten wrote up anyway. there's never a win for an employee.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management, they should also take your lunch out of your pay
Productive and efficient workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 3, 2017
Typical work day includes: updating boards, checking sugars, hygiene promotion, toileting, ambulation, feeding, vital signs, charting, assisting nurses and the healthcare team.
Backstabbing, lying, bad-mouthing, attitudes and immaturity
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 3, 2016
I was not impressed by the workplace at all. Groups of aides everywhere, gossiping about the nurses, bad-mouthing staff, not exactly a friendly environment.
It's an OK place to work if you just need a job ASAP - with decent benefits!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 25, 2015
It was an ok place to work as long as you had the right coworkers on your team. Most patients I found to be relatively pleasant and easy to get along with and accommodate. The slackers made certain nights harder than necessary.
Pros
Paid holidays and benefits from first day on the job!
Cons
Not many break, coworkers that don't pull their weight
Do not care about you personally. They are all about business
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  floor staffAugust 28, 2013
Not the best place to work. Do not have enough supplies for the hospital. bladder scanner can never be found same with the ekg machine
i like working with patients and some of my co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  wheeling, wvAugust 21, 2013
when I go to work, I start by going in and seeing my patients and introducing myself to them and putting my number and the nurses number on the board. I then see who needs to walk or change or turn them. if they need to go on the cpm, I get help to put them on and off of the cpm. how to put on and off cpm's and using the bladder scanner, EKG's, blood sugars. I like working with most of my co-workers, there are some that come to work and do nothing. working with lazy co-workers. I love working with the patients.
Pros
working with the patients.
Cons
healthcare for the employee's could be better.