Wheeling Hospital Employee Review

View all Wheeling Hospital reviews

Wouldn’t recommend
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 10, 2019
No support for employees. Pay not comparable to years of experience. Not interested in Monday thru Friday. Poor parking for employees Human Resources disorganized
Pros
Cons
Official response from Wheeling Hospital
June 11, 2019

Sorry you had a bad experience and we would be happy to discuss if you would please contact the Human Resource office at 304-243-3213. I feel obligated to mention that our pay schedule is very competitive and I would be interested to review your specific details if you decide to call. As for a Monday thru Friday work schedule, I believe the majority of Nurses understand that a Hospital is open 24/7, holidays and weekends. Monday thru Friday is not generally feasible in the nursing field. Finally, as for parking, the hospital made some employee parking adjustments out of concern for patients and their guests. At Wheeling Hospital, we believe that the managing of parking assignments must always take patients best interests first. Thank you for your comments and we would be happy to discuss further. Sr. Director of HR.

Other Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Prison
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 18, 2019
The work in the laundry department is simple. The people you work with are the problem. You are constantly pushed to go faster. When you do something good it is ignored. The leadership inside the department are very exclusive, treating other employees like garbage. There is negativity abounding and sometimes it makes you feel as though you are worthless. No one is ever happy to be there. It is very emotionally draining.
Pros
Nice hours.
Cons
Negative and demoralizing atmosphere
Not worth it.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 4, 2019
At first, the job wasnt bad. However, with the high turnover rate that the dietary department has it soon became a lot more challenging. Management would schedule employees 7+ days in a row and not blink an eye. Certain behaviors from coworkers got swept under the rug.. Credit was rarely given when due.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheeling Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Wheeling Hospital Reviews by Location