Wheeling Hospital Employee Review

View all Wheeling Hospital reviews

Lab extremely unorganized
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 21, 2019
If you want a lab director who falls asleep while at work and doesn't care about what is actually happening in the lab then this is the job for you. The way the lab is run seriously needs an overhaul. Everyone is overworked and always short staffed. Also the techs sometimes only have a schedule for the next three days. The director puts everything she should be doing on other people who already have more on their plate then they need and I will give cuddos to them as they always manage to do their best to help everyone and do the tasks that are not their responsibility.
Pros
Great healthcare and PTO
Cons
management schedule lazy people
Official response from Wheeling Hospital
May 15, 2019

We do not wish for any employee’s experience to be a negative one. Our new Lab Director has made several positive changes to the laboratory operations. These changes have made a positive impact to our Laboratory and our patients. Change can be difficult at times but necessary. A great example, is the recent changes to our referral lab operations, these changes produced excellent results! Increasing efficiency and patient care! Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? Please feel free to contact our HR Director at 304-243-3213.

Other Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Prison
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 18, 2019
The work in the laundry department is simple. The people you work with are the problem. You are constantly pushed to go faster. When you do something good it is ignored. The leadership inside the department are very exclusive, treating other employees like garbage. There is negativity abounding and sometimes it makes you feel as though you are worthless. No one is ever happy to be there. It is very emotionally draining.
Pros
Nice hours.
Cons
Negative and demoralizing atmosphere
Not worth it.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 4, 2019
At first, the job wasnt bad. However, with the high turnover rate that the dietary department has it soon became a lot more challenging. Management would schedule employees 7+ days in a row and not blink an eye. Certain behaviors from coworkers got swept under the rug.. Credit was rarely given when due.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheeling Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Wheeling Hospital Reviews by Location