Wheeling Hospital

Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Prison
The work in the laundry department is simple. The people you work with are the problem. You are constantly pushed to go faster. When you do something good it is ignored. The leadership inside the department are very exclusive, treating other employees like garbage. There is negativity abounding and sometimes it makes you feel as though you are worthless. No one is ever happy to be there. It is very emotionally draining.
Pros
Nice hours.
Cons
Negative and demoralizing atmosphere
I would not recommend
I worked briefly for the new Skilled Nursing Facility, my employment lasted around 2 months. I never intended to stay, I only picked up a second job due to a financial hardship. During my time there however, the working conditions were stressful, often i worked a 30-1 Ratio. The facility itself is poorly managed by staff that not only prove they could careless about their employees but will also throw you under the bus if given the chance. I seen many shady behaviors during my short employment with the company. Even though I was making 3.00 more an hour, i didn't feel the money was worth what Aides had to tolerate on a daily basis. The patients weren't bad, the unfair work load was my problem. And lack of compassion or compromise from management. I feel there is much room for improvement with this company. I feel the lack of respect from management is mainly their cause for such a high turn over rate as well. I was not impressed by this employer.
Pros
Good pay, guaranteed hours, good medical coverage.
Cons
Lack of respect and team work from staff.
Nursing Assistant
This was one of the more difficult jobs that I had. It was long hours and tough work. However I loved every minute of it. I love to take care of people and get to no them on a different level, I would grow relationship with the patients and look forward to coming in to work every day.
Official response from Wheeling Hospital
May 15, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service.
Horrible working atmosphere, bad management
I was very excited to start this job. Unfortunately, no one wanted to properly train me and it was handed off to several people, all of whom created a hostile work environment for me. Management was of no help on the matter, and HR will not return your calls!! Getting up and going to work everyday, only to be treated very badly by many people and was threatened by one!!
Very poor management and people back stabbing!! It was very much a negative place to work, and ultimately leads to a person giving up their job, from the lack of help! So much for the “Human Touch” mission they claim to have.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Negative people, improper training, bad management
its a job
but it does not allow you enough family time. You work every weekend. Hard to advance. The pay isn't enough for the work you do.
No set schedule. Drama.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Horrible managment and no room for advancement
Wheeling Hospital is a HORRIBLE and the worst place I have ever worked. Between the management over the Registration department and the HR department no one cares about you. You're just another body until they run you off. If you know how to do your job and catch on well, they will find every single reason they can to pick on you and cause you stress and grief about coming to work. There is no room for advancement in this department, but they will tell you otherwise.

You are underpaid and never appreciated. The management is not caring or understanding about life outside of work. They tell you one thing and then do the complete opposite. They punish you for needing time off and for even being admitted to their own hospital!

If you don't fit into a "click" you won't go too far and they will talk about you and back stab you all they can. Even the management will be in on it! If they can't keep tabs on you all the time while you are here, they will find a reason to right you up or call you in the office. You are often degrade, but never get the opportunity to explain yourself because they don't want to hear it.

HR does nothing to help you and if anything going to the department itself and causes you more trouble by making them aware that you went to them.

The hospital provides a stress release group because this is such a horrible place to work!!
Pros
Nothing, except you can say you have a job
Cons
back stabbing, horrible pay and ever more horrible management
Medical Billing Office
I enjoy my position with Wheeling Hospital, the management could be more helpful. I would recommend this hospital to friends. We work failed buckets and rejected buckets, so anything that didn't get past the electronic edits fall into these buckets and they need corrected and rebilled.
Pros
PTO accruial
Stressfull workplace
Would not recommend for anyone because it's to stressful and not very good environment not enough staff to do the jobs right and they offer compensation but dont want to pay it when needed and very hard to get your unemployment if u get fired and the healthcare doesn't pay for everything and neither does the eye and dental plans
Better management,to solve issues when occured. And to stay on top of things. More meetings with there employees. Breaks weren't scheduled out,they were when you were done with your work. Had to hurry up and eat,then back to work. There should be walk threw,the facility by corporate often,so they know and see how the facility is running daily.
Pros
Listen to employees
Cons
Not listening.
I was very young when I worked here
Ambitious young nurse, trying to get as much experience as I could as a new nurse. I liked the ICU, but was always trying to better myself and find something better.
Slightly Stressful and Terrible management
I loved my coworkers but the job itself was stressful. Too many responsibilities and not enough people. If someone called off it would throw the entire day off. The tube system was the extremely stressful part because it would get overwhelmingly busy and no one would help.
No Advanement Available
If you just want a job it's a great place to work but if you want a career with advancement, it's not the place. It is definitely ran by the "Boys Club" scenario.
Pros
Co-workers, Work-Life Balance
Cons
No Advancement, Low Pay
High stress low pay
Like being micro managed and degraded by your superiors despite being right? This is the place for you. Turnover rate is the highest I've seen anywhere. You would think that HR would bring in an outsider to figure out why the turnover rate is so high and fix the problems, but let's be honest they couldn't possibly care less. In the department that I left one person had been reported several times and nothing was ever done about it. Myself and several people I know deal with this office still, and it is always like pulling teeth to get things done and done correctly. I am happy to be out of that department as it is going downhill fast.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Short lunch no breaks, hilarious pay, stress, rudeness, unable to use pto.
Great office
Doesnt pay enough and got sick and tired of mean old women who are completely lazy but have time to make up things to get you into trouble. Great office but need to get rid of their main problem or they will always be hiring. I left and worked in another office with no issues
Wheeling Hospital is a horrible place to work.
Complete joke I can handle mutlie tasking but the boss throws other people's job at you then gets mad because you can't get yours done in one word it can be summed up JOKE.
Tough to advance
An intern position that was intended for me as well as other interns to rotate through the environment to get an understanding of the IT environment. Instead, we were typically on Help Desk and rarely got to leave the desks, in addition to the resources intended to help us move around being locked out. Mentioning this usually resulted in "I'll fix that as soon as I can", but it never yielded results. Some people there were friendly and understanding, others would have no problem throwing blame onto others.
Never acknowledged for hard work!
If you are fine with an ok going nowhere job? This is the place for you. Unless you are part of the Good Ole Boys Club forget about any advancement. The only true enjoyable part was working with the patients because they saw how hard we worked and how dedicated we were to our jobs.
Pros
Patients and Sales Reps
Cons
No Advancement, Poor Management, Back Stabbing Co-Workers
Wheeling Hospital is great place to work.
When I worked there I was happy to work among highly educated and caring people. My time working there was, indeed, fulfilling, and a great opportunity.
Pros
I loved their Wellness Center
Once a great employer
Several years ago people had trouble getting hired at Wheeling Hospital because their standards were so high. Now they hire anyone or anything that has a pulse. Working conditions are very, very rough in that the patient load in unmanageable and carries high risk for injuries for both the staff and patients. Administration only concerned with how good they appear on local billboards and commercials. The reality is the care has gotten quite poor, the pay isn't what it could be and the conditions to work under are oppressive, discouraging and not worth the headaches.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Patient load in horrendous, pay is terrible, morale is awful
Poor management
If management was better people would want to stay. People enjoy working with the patients and would do a better job if they were not treated like they were children.
Awful management
We went from a manager who had a masters degree to someone who has a high school diploma. In the short time she’s been with us she’s taken away our vacations, the ability to trade, schedule accommodations and giftcards for staying over. She has said that the schedule is “ unmanageable” which is remarkable that our former supervisor with a masters degree dealt with it just fine for 13 years. We were also allowed vacations with 7 days in a row and she is now only allowing Monday-Friday on weeks SHE picks. Three people quit and discussed their concerns of this departments new management and nothing is being done.
Pros
Wheeling Hospital is great company
Cons
Uneducated management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheeling Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Wheeling Hospital Reviews by Location