Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 4, 2017
Awesome place to gain RN experience. I am currently a student Nurse doing clinical rotations at Wheeling hospital. The staff is very friendly and are great with patient care.
Pros
Health care team
Cons
compensation
Productive and efficient workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 3, 2017
Typical work day includes: updating boards, checking sugars, hygiene promotion, toileting, ambulation, feeding, vital signs, charting, assisting nurses and the healthcare team.
Challenging and variety of nursing roles to obtain
RN Care Management/Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 28, 2016
Many areas of nursing to work. Good benefits. Enjoyable work environment. This job offers the opportunity to provide education to a community with medical knowledge deficits.
Great place to work with opportunity to move up
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 15, 2016
Wheeling hospital is a great place to work. It has provided me with the opportunity to further my career opportunity as I started out as a Laboratory clerk and now I have made my way to Human Resources assistant.
Not a place anyone would like to work!!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 18, 2016
Management only worried about the VIPs and the money. No one running this Hospital cares about the pts or employees. 400 white coats 8-5. Unsafe work environment for pts/families and staff. No need to go on. You get the point. Do not waste your time looking here for a good working environment or friendly people.
Pros
Only if they feel you are a VIP
Cons
Salary, poorly managed, no breaks or lunch times
Backstabbing, lying, bad-mouthing, attitudes and immaturity
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 3, 2016
I was not impressed by the workplace at all. Groups of aides everywhere, gossiping about the nurses, bad-mouthing staff, not exactly a friendly environment.
Poor Managment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 15, 2016
I absolutely loved my job,but the management was horrible. You are treated like a 5 year old and they only focus on the bad never the good. Working with most of the coworkers was like being in high school, they were all about the drama and always in everyone else's business.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor management, lazy coworkers, never getting recognized for accomplishments
Dietary
Dietary Aide/Snack (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 25, 2016
Busy day....co workers are alright to work with....the hardest part about working for this company is trying to get everything done on time
Pros
Break time
Cons
No AC
hospital
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 1, 2016
Ensure safety of patients while transporting.
Assist technologist before, during, and after all radiology testing.
Proper equitment is avaliable for radiology department.
Utilize excellent people skills while verifying patient information.
Poorly managed community hospital
former staff (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 29, 2016
This is a Catholic hospital and during orientation, a catholic religious who worked in pastoral care, spoke about Catholic theology of "preferential option for the poor." Talk is cheap and I was told by management to treat certain patients "better" because they were some Director's relative ! Sorry but I treat all my patients equally ..... Also, nurse to patient ratio not safe. In the last years , how many DON??? At least 3! OVMC has had a DON for approximately 20 years ! Organization is not pro-nursing. Low wages , benefits so so ...... Do yourself a favor and travel 1 hour to Morgantown or Pittsburgh.
Productive and fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 9, 2016
Gained a little knowledge about the working environment. People are nice, friendly and always trying to make you comfortable, I would always get a ride from one of the employees since I didn't have a car.
Place of work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 31, 2016
This was one of my first jobs and I absolutely loved those that I worked with. I learned a lot being a new nurse. They have pushed me to where I am today.
Stressful environment
support staff (Former Employee) –  FMCDecember 13, 2015
I Worked as Support staff for FMC and the turnover rate is unreal! The management was TERRIBLE and they did not care about any concerns that you may have had. I worked there for 2 years and have seen so many employees come and go so quickly but management does not care. This office is very poorly run and I would never recommend someone work their unless you like being micromanaged and degraded by your managers on a daily basis.
A great place to work
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 8, 2015
Wheeling hospital was a great place to work. There was a positive atmosphere and a focus on providing a pleasant experience for the patients.
poor management
Medical Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 1, 2015
The department I worked in had a tremendous turnover. Almost 1/4 the employees in the department would leave within a year of starting because of poor management. They do not allow for lateral transfers anymore so if hired don't expect to be able to transfer to another department unless you are moving up the ladder, if that's available. Co-workers did not pull their weight. The harder you worked the more management expected you to do to make up for others, Benefits are great but most employees could be heard all saying the same negative things about management. It is more that just one department in the hospital with management issues.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Was a very nice place to work. I worked good all employees.
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 1, 2015
I started in dietary for 5years.Then to Central Service for 5 years. The hospital was well clean and work in a orderly way. Would I work there again, yes. I work with every department in some way or form. From OR. to housekeeping.
Unfairness
Unit Assustant II (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 18, 2015
They do no let people advance for jobs they are qualified for and they favor certain departments. Working for them is nuce when you are in your department but when you go to other floors they treat you horribly.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
everything
cheerful
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling PediatricsJuly 28, 2015
I go through morning schedules making sure everything needed for each patient is on patient's chart. I answer phones, scheduling patients for their appointments, making sure with their insurance company appointments aren't scheduled to early and procedures are covered. I fax all documents signed by physicians and get test scheduled and needed authorizations. I collect money for co-pays and make deposit at end of day, all while smiling being cheerful
Pros
no weekends, nights, or holidays
Cons
no breaks unless your a smoker
Wheeling Hospital is a nice place to work
Medical Receptionist/ Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 29, 2015
I like to work at Wheeling Hospital the reason I am looking for a new job is because the Doctor I worked for left the hospital. I enjoyed the hands on and the patient care I could give.
Wheeling Hospital is an adequate employer.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 19, 2015
Everyday is hard work and extremely busy. Teamwork is very important and plays a crucial part in positive patient outcomes. I am currently looking to advance my career in other areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheeling Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Wheeling Hospital Reviews by Location