Wheeling Jesuit University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Love the job best job I've ever worked
Barista (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 11, 2018
Love working here, the people are so nice and helpful. And its stress free! I dont have to worry about impressing anyone which is the best part of the job
Pros
Cons
need discounts in store
Fun place to meet and work
Summer Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 6, 2018
I got to meet alumni, possible new students, and other random groups of people. I was able to make friends from all over the world. There were many opportunities while working here.
I have nothing to say about it
Library Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 13, 2018
It was just a on campus job i worked as a student in the library and the money went to my tuition. There were no benefits it was'nt like a real job. I checked out laptops, books, and movies and checked them back in. I also made sure the library books were organized and worked with the printer.
Nice place to work
Adjunct Instructor FNP Program (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 30, 2017
Surroundings are good, people are nice and friendly, and management working to advance the university. The student population was related to my area of expertise.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Na
Most enjoyable part
Nurse Practitioner Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoy teaching. On line courses are difficult to teach because you cannot see your students reactions and facial expressions which lets you know a lot (like are they confused, they got it, or it all just came together for them)
Pros
location
Cons
expectations of students
Teachers worked well with students
Student Teacher Internship (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 18, 2017
Everyday we would make lesson plans and teach students. I learned to be very organized and to have good communication skills. There was a friendly workplace. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with all the work. The most enjoyable was being able to come up with activities that the students enjoyed.
Pros
communication
Cons
non paid internship
Great Staff to work with
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 20, 2017
Like family. Great place to work. Great students. Summers off. Occasionally unfair hours due to sport assignments but work together to make it as fair as possible.
A typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 21, 2017
I like the job got along with all the workers even made friends with most of them which made it easier to work there, learned new things about the job
Student
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 7, 2017
Great atmosphere and great people. Small school, but it is growing fast. The area is small town, but great activities to go to. Place felt very homey.
Challenging Times
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 31, 2017
The university has a great mission, but the university is in deep financial difficulties. The people who work there are caring, smart and loyal, but the leadership is facing major challenges and is in transition (as of 2017). The interim president seems capable, but the institution is in for some tough times in the short run.
Wheeling Jesuit University
Peer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 4, 2017
I am thankful and bless to have had not only the opportunity to attend this college not only for my undergraduate study, but as well as for my graduate studies and work at this institution.
Resident Assistant at WJU
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 18, 2017
I have been employed by Wheeling Jesuit University for one year as a RA. My Area Coordinator is an absolute pleasure to work with as she is always there to help and give encouragement. A typical day as a RA consist of doing rounds of the dorm, signing people in/out, making sure residents are obeying the rules, coming up with socials to get the residents active, and most importantly to make sure the residents are having a safe and enjoyable time. My coworkers are great as we always have each others back if we need help and they are just a joy to be around.
Pros
Free Room and board, room to yourself
Cons
too many changes in school
Wju
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 12, 2017
As a college health nurse, I promote student wellness for all students.

I have office hours for clinical work for students to come see me and be treated.
Good mission
Adjunct Professor of Communications (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 12, 2017
Excellent work environment, fair compensation, good facilities, great people, a wonderful mission all combine to make Wheeling Jesuit an extraordinary place to work.
Cheap University with Good Staff and Students
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 17, 2017
Couldn't have chosen a more affordable college. I love my professors and my peers are what keep me here. I could be learning more in classes and the university is managed very poorly.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 26, 2016
Typical day included filing paperwork and searching for purchase order forms. Co-workers were friendly and very enjoyable
Enjoyable atmosphere
Accounting Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 22, 2015
I enjoy working with the students and professors. While at the moment I am teaching just one class a semester, it has been challenging and fun.
Relaxed but hardworking environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 4, 2015
Regularly expect to give unannounced tours to prospective students and their families. In addition, answering phone calls to companies and prospective students about general life on campus or student finances.
Pros
It is on campus so I do not have to travel far
Cons
Only allowed to work ten hours a week
Enjoying and challenging workplace.
adjunct clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, West virginiaMarch 18, 2015
I meet with 7 to 8 students in a neighboring medical facility and help them to relate book knowledge to the real world. I give them assignments and help them to understand the course of health care delivered with rationale and critical thinking.
Pros
Enjoy working with students
Cons
Grading care plans
Handling all kinds of different projects and budget reports.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 22, 2015
I learned how to handle very different task each day, and adjust projects to meet the needs of the clients. I also worked with the Athletic director on budget reports and big budget projects.