Wheels America Employee Reviews

People are great, work sucks
Accountant (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 26, 2019
Extremely boring and repetitive work, when something is new they give very little help. One or two will help as much as they possibly can but still not always as helpful as needed. Problem of not having the right people to do jobs in the past and now the “way it’s done” is often not a way that makes much sense.
Pros
People are nice and funny, one is very attractive, very casual environment
Cons
Work is terribly boring and exhausting
work at wheels america
Rim Tech / Rim Polisher (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 19, 2018
this job by far was the most fast paste job I ever worked in my life sometimes I would be there 15 hours a day it was crazy don't get me wrong I loved it but it really was something.
Pros
good money
Cons
very long hours
great co workers and work life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
Fun place to work just no room for advancement in the small company. Pay was decent but benefits were basically nonexistent. Was a pain trying to take your vacation time, but the company did pay out unused hours so that was a plus. Most jobs are commission based here, and you need to be sure to keep an eye on your totals. Would sometimes "forget" to pay you for commissions earned.
Pros
Monday through Friday set schedule. Fun environment.
Cons
no benefits. no room for advancement.
Good company with good hands on managment
Contract Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
Good company with good hands on management that supported me in the role of senior accountant. I had a very autonomous position and did not report to a local direct supervisor.
Relaxed work area with friendly people
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 16, 2018
I would recommend on working there for experience and dealing with a lot of high end shops . I started as a driver and worked my way up to a mechanic there . The wheel repaires are amazing and look like there was never damage to the wheel before
always something type of work place
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJune 11, 2018
i delivered all over the bay area for them the management was bad we survived off each other i worked alot of over time here always ending in traffic paper work always late
Pros
always busy
Cons
not worth the salary
eehhh
Buena Park - Driver/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 18, 2018
what to say. if you need a job its there, that is about all i can say about it. need to fill up this box with more information but I have nothing else to add
Pros
its a job
Cons
just about everything else
Terrible
Mobile Wheel Technician (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 6, 2017
I worked for their mobile wheel repair division(fixrim)
There was no management, you were expected to make your own sales and get new accounts. Which i can understand if they would help you in regards to fuel consumption, supplies, etc. But no, they expected you to drive around to different customers, do the work, and pay them 55% of all your orders.
Pros
own hours
Cons
pay, commission, pay for own fuel/supplies, no management
Had a great market stance in the industry
Marketing Manger (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 19, 2016
Turned out quality product at an affordable price. 24 hour turnaround for Automotive wheel repair. Company information and guidelines easily accessible.
Horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2016
There is no order. The managers have their favorites that they'll take care of and defend no matter what they do. High stress. The pay is worthless(full commission, that you will never meet). DON'T WORK HERE IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY OR ANY OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES. This job is meant for those that want to live with their mother for the rest of their life.
Pros
Do your job right, and no one can tell you otherwise.
Director of Operations/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 8, 2015
Overall this was a good company to work for. I learned a lot about management and how wheels are repaired. My co workers made it the best part about being there. I just wish that the compensation was a little bit better for the time and effort that someone puts into the company.
Fun work envirement
Customer Service/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 18, 2013
My days would start by me finding all the wheels that got fixed over night and match them to there tires, and mount them. I learned a lot about wheels and customer service. Management was good but just to many changes. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my day was to get there at 4:00am every day. But I did get use to it.
Pros
Christmas parties and good bonus checks
Cons
The pay could have been a little bit better
unorganized
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  chicago, IlMarch 18, 2013
No leadership and very unorganized. Did not want to put an experience manager in position to help bring to company into and better situation.
Pros
benefits and work hours
Cons
physical problems
make sales calls and over see mobil drivers
Mobile Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 17, 2012
great place to work fellow emplees are nice to work with hardest part is when i have to repermend my tech for missing appointments
Pros
out of the office alday
Gained a lot of management experience
Shop/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 11, 2012
During the 4 years with this company I was able to advance within the company. Learned every aspect of the warehouse operations, including production, inventory, logistics, and management.