Whelan Security Employee Reviews

Found 1,158 reviews matching the search See all 1,164 reviews
Easy job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INApril 25, 2019
Easy job but no pay raises, no advancement, horrible upper management, rude HR. I would work here again only because it’s easy money. Other than that, they suck as a company. And their uniforms feel like you’re wearing a paper bag.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No pay raises, no advancement, horrible management, uncomfortable uniforms
The one on Marlin stadium got a nasty attitude
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2019
The manager at Marlins stadium have a nasty attitude so steady yourself mind your own businessgo to work state of yourself then try to collect friends cuz you're not there to collect friends
Low pay unless you get into roam team
EVENT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2019
Low pay for anyone with experience, great pay if first job or no experience. I think 10 dollars an hour, I was roam team for the chiefs and was paid way more. Doesn't matter now seeing they wont be providing assistance to the chiefs from what I read. Management wasn't the best, they were good people for the most part just no clear direction. Its a good fill in job or pert timer.

Being able to pick days you wanna come in mean you can be short handed some days. We had over 100 people call in one day!
Pros
Pick days you wanna work
Cons
Pay if experienced, Guidance from management.
Not a good place.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 18, 2019
Don't do anything extra for this company. They will use the good employees and then throw them out but keep and promote people who do not do their job whatsoever. The fact that they have rules or policies is a joke, no one even has to follow them. Management is rude and unhelpful as well as being scared of their employees to the point that they wont talk to them at all. Seniority doesn't matter either, they will off you just because and then be too scared to tell you about it.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive work place
Field Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2019
Whelan security is a great company that allows for career advancement. I love the fact that the company offers an open door policy . In brief I will recommend working here to anyone who is pursuing a exciting and rewarding career
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Great vibes and television to watch
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, TXApril 17, 2019
Taking breaks with co workers in the break room. Telling jokes and watching television before its time to get back to work. Just keeping good vibes around.
management is terrible
Security officer guard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2019
team are nice but the supervisor is an idiot his dream always to trick you and makes you fall in a mistake that could take you to the jail,very tricky person he acts like he is helpful but he is a devil i do not recomand ppl apply for this,even the management is very rude and dictator they kicked you out for the smallest thing.
Live work place and they had a decent bathroom.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 17, 2019
Whelan Security is a wonderful place to work at. I would still be working there but a contract expired on us, back in 4/2018.
So that is why I am not there anymore.
Pros
Workers were nice and loyal
Cons
Vehicle could have been more clean
This place defines lackluster
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2019
I worked for this company over 2 years and never once saw any improvement among management, pay or work conditions. Most of the higher ups in the company either didn't care or never got to see the environments workers ended up having to deal with.

On top of the low wages, due to time mismanagement there were many times I and other workers were not paid our proper wages due to time shes vanishing or their call in systems failing to work.
Pros
Cons
low wages, bad managment, unreliable pay, no room for advancement
Its good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2019
It is a good job. There is good pay and decent hours. Good enough pay for cost of living these days. Highly recommend this company. They care about employees.
It was a good environment I mean depends on where you at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2019
it was a good environment it depends on where you at I was an elevator operator so I barely deal with people only when they get on the elevator I was taking people to their sections on the elevator but overall it was a good environment I got to know a lot of people and become friends a lot of people plus used to get free food but they stopped at
Pros
15 minute lunch break
Cons
Take your own break when you want or when they ask
Seasonal work only, nothing permanent, no part time, no full time work.
Event Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2019
You start off less than minimum wage- you only work outside in bad weather conditions without heat in deep winter freezing temperatures, minimal breaks if any. Management is organized, efficient, productive. New staff are more like sheep without brains or common sense. A typical day at work begins by parking in a very expensive parking garage that costs you at least half of your days pay, walking very long distances to get to your assigned work area through bad weather, heavy traffic with drunk drivers everywhere, talking to ticket holders for events or games held at the Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. You provide security for the stadium by monitoring drunks, sorting through every bag brought into the stadium, pat-downs of ticket holders who require it for various reasons, confiscating weapons, basic security precautions. You are able to purchase a voucher for $2.00 for ONE FOOD OR DRINK ITEM for THE ENTIRE DAY. ANY OTHER FOOD OR DRINK PURCHASE IS FULL PRICE AND TAKES THE REST OF YOUR DAY'S PAY. You leave after eight hours having made NO MONEY TO TAKE HOME, and having to pay for gas you actually LOSE MONEY at the end of your day.
Pros
The managers take the time to get to know you if you are a regular worker.
Cons
Bad weather conditions, expensive parking and food, high security measures, lots of drunks everywhere.
Fast pace
Ticket Taker/Usher (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 11, 2019
Working for Whelan security wasn't all bad. I loved interacting with the customers, but I felt as if there was a lack of aprecation. I was one of the most hard working people working ther. I always showed up to worked and even worked on days I knew I couldn't but came in because they need more people. I even took over some peoples jobs because they were tired and I always worked through breaks because we was busy.
Managment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2019
Managment is horrible i been with company going on three years and never did i recieved a service award for my first year with company. When i ask for days off its like i have to beg for the days off. There is no night differential in pay. Managment hands out more write ups then they do rewards.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Low pay, managment treats you like a number
Decent employer
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2019
Working for Whelan security was not bad. The pay is not the best and they offer very little benefits that was way too much for what you were making, The company had good accounts and managers were good. Great job for students, retirees and second income.
Pros
Good accounts and flexible
Cons
Low pay and expensive insurance
Supervisor allowance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2019
First time I was a supervisor for a professional building and gave me a lot of experience in multiple jobs. Not just security but Administrative and receptionist as well.
Pros
Chance to cross train
Cons
travel
Is about Stadium
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2019
I wish I had the stadium was not the ideal job because of these phrases you you tell them that you want to leave by a certain time and they kept you longer than you wanted to be or there are people leaving when they were supposed to be still be there and you can leave for the time that you said you need nothing that is my issue with the stadium and as far as the management goes there was no control over who was supposed to be managing what group are who we were supposed to be directing people took and when they say they was coming back and 15 minutes it took longer than 15 minutes you did not get really a brick when
you were supposed to get a break
Pros
Now you did not get a free lunch
Cons
Noted you did not get Healthcare
Horrible company
Building Security Officer, event staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2019
The company at us bank stadium/Minneapolis Convetion center is okay then mangement over at both places is a complete joke they literally screw up my pay didnt get paid for training. Wrote a false write up on me. False accusations were filed on me.Its a some what atmosphere. Lack of communication between you and people above is horrible. Food the feed is horrible its bottom hand stuff. They treat employess like dogs unfair treatment.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long days, poor communications
N/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 5, 2019
Hard to move up to a lack of communication and lack of appreciation the insurance is No good...Never get a straightforward answer don’t get any breaks after a while you just feel very unappreciated I just think it’s time for me to move on to something better .
Lots of excitement
Gate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2019
Loud and fast paced environment when seasons open. Revolving door type industry all ways hiring and looking for individuals who are willing to go the extra mile in honing their skill.
Pros
Gentrified and versatile
Cons
Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whelan Security. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Whelan Security.

Powered by Comparably