Which Wich Superior Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun work place with questionable management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2018
Day to day operations were fine. This location landed some bad management, and in turn some harsh disagreements. While I worked here I went through 3 managers and 2 owners.
Productive and hardworking
All positions (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 16, 2018
A typical day at work: Once I clocked in, I immediately checked with my manager to see what role she wanted me to take on each day. Every day at work was different. An average day in the front was being on the cooking line, making milkshakes, replacing the tea machines, cleaning tables, and greeting guests. An average day in the back was washing dishes, cleaning, weighing and packaging different meats and cheeses, preparing food that can be stored in the fridge, and labeling/ stamping bags used to put the sandwiches into.
Pros
Free drinks at any time, free lunch (kids meal), good amount of time for a lunch break, bathroom breaks as needed, managers and other employees were always helpful, it was a very clean environment, and a good workplace.
Cons
Little pay
Poor Poor Management
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 13, 2018
After they changed management/ owners things started going downhill. The new owners had no patience or respect, horrible behavior they have. I was very sick one day and management still called me to come in. Seriously get better and nicer management/ owners!
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management, no benefits
Which way to Go
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 7, 2018
I did my job came to work and had great coworkers. I wanted to advance my career and Which Wich was just the job i needed for that extra push. I gained invaluable customer service experience and it got the job done.
Pros
free lunch and good work flo
Cons
no benefits
Favoritism/Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Suffok, VAAugust 6, 2018
I loved working here with everyone expect the management. I was told when hired I would be working 8-10 hours a day but only worked 2-3 hours. New management came in a couple months after working there and the favoritism started. I was told that my coworker was doing my job better than me so my hours are being cut. The manager would target certain people in emails we received weekly. I loved my job and my coworkers but I could not work with someone degrading me and cutting my hours because she liked someone else more.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short hours, poor management
Fun workplace.....needs improved management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 5, 2018
I was hired on the spot for this job. I enjoyed the friendly customers and my coworkers. The manager showed favoritism towards employees who had been at Which Wich longer.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Scheduled for minimum hours, favoritism
Great place for between careers
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2018
If you're just getting started or are between careers, it's a great job. It's short, easy, and pays above minimum.

..............................................
Pros
Free food, short shifts
Cons
Few hours
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 3, 2018
Management is very poor, they always find a problem with your work. Flexible with time off and not a hassle when sick. gets busy around 5 but after if calms down and is easy to work with.
Pros
Discount when ordering food and isn't too busy most times
Cons
poor management
Awesome environment, great team
Cashier / Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2018
I loved working for Which Wich. I worked at two different locations (because my manager needed help at the new store he opened) and even at both locations it was splendid! The team members and co-workers are always so nice and become like family.
Pros
Reasonable breaks, reasonable pay
Cons
Down to earth, fast paced environment.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 31, 2018
Working at which wich, I would not recommend. My experience was good until the management went down hill and I was miserable working there. I did not get paid enough for what was asked of me.
good place to work for teenagers
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 31, 2018
Which Wich is a good place to work if youre looking for your first job. Not a job i would stick with if you're trying to move forward in life though. Not very promising when it comes to raises or advancing in the company. Overall would say i wish i hadnt worked there as long as i did.
Pros
fun enviroment, nice coworkers
Cons
bad management
Loved the atmosphere
Shift Leader, Cashier, Key holder, and Host (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJuly 27, 2018
I think I got really lucky with my two bosses, they were fun and understanding and I learned a lot over the years because of them. I also adored all the families that came in weekly, from the staff to customers, I really felt happy in the way that it was family. Like I said, I think I really lucked out with my management and location.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Healthcare, no Pto
Fun workplace with good customer interaction
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 25, 2018
I had met many good people throughout this company and it was a very good job if you want to make quick food and make someone smile. The environment was very wholesome and fast-paced.
Good first job
Full Time/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 24, 2018
This was my first job from age 16 to 20. I was able to work my way up to assistant manager and learned a lot from my GM about life. Definitely a positive environment. Can get stressful but overall it is a pretty fun place to work especially if you have a good attitude.
Coworkers are many times rude and the customers a lot of times are also rude.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 23, 2018
I do not like working at Which wich. My coworkers are rude and are never helpful to me. I was never properly trained in making the sandwiches. The manager usually isn’t there.
Pros
Free Sandwiches
Cons
You don’t usually get breaks unless you work for 8 hours
Decent first job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 22, 2018
There isn't much room for advancement, seeing as how the business is franchised and the owners have a lot of power over who is hired, fired, and promoted. There aren't any benefits like 401k, health, dental, tuition reimbursement, or paid time off. This is a good job for high school or college-aged people who need a job.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJuly 18, 2018
This company is a great place to work. It is fun, the staff is great. It is not greasy like most food places. I refereed my son to work there for his first job and he loves it.
Store went out of business
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2018
This was a great company with great food. They gave me the ability to work and learn also build. I'm very sad that the store is no longer business. Staff was great my store manager was awesome and most of all the costumers always a story to tell.
Small work place, very dull nights
Sandwhich maker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 6, 2018
The people are great but the hours are not. There is no limit to how many days you can take off. The owners of the store are great and the shift leads are okay.
Pros
free meal 50% discount
Cons
few hours, too many workers
Unfair and Unreasonable
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ladera Ranch, CAJuly 5, 2018
I had worked there for a long time, and was told I'd make more than I did by different managers. I ended up making less than people who were hired new. They lie about pay, change schedules often, ask you to cover shifts often, and other unbearable problems.
Pros
You get a very specific free meal after 3 months working.