WhidbeyHealth Medical Center Employee Reviews

relax workplace
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJune 30, 2018
Experienced rehab team. Supportive hospital system that provided the rehab team the latitude to do the job that patients deserved and the equipment needed to complete that job.
Excellent work environment
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WAApril 1, 2018
Excellent co-workers with knowledge of job duties extremely easy to get along with. I have learned the Clinic billing and collecting side of my job very well in the last 2 years I have done the Medicare Clinic billing and collecting.
Would Not Recommend
Pro/Tech (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WADecember 28, 2017
Hard place to work. This small hospital suffers from poor management and an out of touch administration. The pay is under the norm for the area. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Institution in turmoil
Staff Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAOctober 30, 2017
Loved my job and the variety of work. Politics became the hospital's primary focus, and ultimately why so many good employees became bitter and left. I "retired" to spend time with my husband.
Pros
variety of work
Cons
political intrigue around Drs and Board Members and policy
Great workplace fast paced
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WAMarch 25, 2017
New leadership is great, new hospital coming, union wages are great with 2 raises a year, benefits paid for employee, a bit high for dependants, people are friendly including patients and doctors. Some days are really busy, wear your tennis shoes. Flexible schedules are good
Pros
Wage rates, friendly co workers and patients
Cons
Benifits high for kids
Nice coworkers
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Whidbey Health Care CenterDecember 28, 2016
Salaries are not competitive and HR fights you at every turn regarding pay. If it wasn't for HR I would rate the company a 10 out of 10. Love my coworkers. My boss doesn't micromanage and has made many improvements in the lab. There is room for growth and ideas are listened to.
Pros
Great boss.
Cons
Hourly pay very low. HR very hard to deal with.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUDecember 25, 2016
Whidbey Health is a fantastic place to work! If the island life is for you, then this is it! Moderate turnover due to the military, but a very competent staff to work with.
Staff physicians are friendly and cooperative 24 hours a day!
Pros
The staff!
Cons
High cost healthcare
good place to work !!
Cook/Dietary aide (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJune 12, 2016
typical day very busy, providing 2 meal lunch and dinner ,co workers easy to get along with management is good. A safe clean enjoyable place of work that recently had upgrade to the kitchen and cafeteria area of the hospital.
Pros
free meals
Cons
may get called in on days off
Comfortable work environment
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAMay 19, 2016
My daily tasks consisted of interpreting and entering physician orders as well as auditing patient's records. I very much enjoyed the interaction I had with patients and staff. As communication is important in every environment, lack of said communication is my only complaint about being employed as a Health Unit Coordinator.
Pros
Slow paced shift
Cons
Lack of communication
Only hospital on Whidbey Island.
ER RN- CEN (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WAMarch 26, 2016
Very small Critical Access Hospital with many very good experienced nurses and also new nurses. The Patients' First Motto is rewarding. It is wonderful to care for the community.
Great staff and physicians, poorly managed
Full time Radiologic Technologist and CT per diem (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJanuary 22, 2016
I've worked at this hospital for over 5 years. I've enjoyed it until recently due to new management and policies that have changed it. The hospital is poorly funded for whatever reason. Equipment is old, the interior is outdated, and getting things fixed or replaced is near impossible despite the fact the hospital charges more for services than comparable hospitals in the area. If you live on Whidbey Island, this is the only game in town and is an ok place to work. If you live elsewhere, I wouldn't advise relocating for a job here as there are plenty of other hospitals that are managed better and have the capital to replace equipment.
Always have something to work on.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJanuary 8, 2016
The co-workers were great to be around. Always willing to help if there was a issue or problem. Learned a lot and will be able to take that knowledge and use it anywhere.
Great community
CT/MRI/XR Tech (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WANovember 19, 2015
Whidbey Island is very beautiful. The staff are wonderful to work with but Whidbey is going through many changes in management. This causes change upon change. If you adapt to change well you will love it.
Pros
Decent equipment and technology
Cons
under staffed
Enjoyable work with exciting things to come for this hospital
Surgery/OR Department-Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WASeptember 27, 2015
Overall a great and supportive environment. Small but growing hospital in both size and knowledge to cutting edge, larger arena informatics.
Pros
Supportive administration and coworkers
Cons
Sometimes highly stressful
Does a good job for patients
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJuly 22, 2015
Can be a difficult place to work for staff with an administration that is anti union. The RN and CNA staff do a great job with a great manager. The upper level administration is too heavy handed and does not communicate well with staff.
Pros
Very good staff
Cons
Administration and incompetant HR
Great Coworkers
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJanuary 12, 2015
Great co workers but schedule and turn over was more of an issue than any job I've ever encountered before.
I am always motivated to go to work every day.
Director of Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Coupeville, WADecember 11, 2014
Overall good place to work. There are a lot of talented people that work at the hospital. We are a hospital that is on the move. We are continuing to grow and gain more market share.
Pros
Great retirement plan
Cons
As with any position in health care sometimes long hours are required
IS Technician
IS Technician (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAOctober 29, 2014
Functioned as an Operator, Desktop Support, and Help Desk Support, Performed data entry of charges, payments and adjustments. Processed Payroll, entered new employees into the system. Distributed daily reports and printed and distributed special forms.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
The change to a different employer.
Want to be a slave to the system and work for a company that can care less about problems you may have?
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAJune 27, 2014
During orientation I accidentally fell asleep, I had been up for over 24 hours by then. Then there was a problem with me wearing sneakers when I told one of the hr girls I was gonna wear what I normally do for my previous job since I was going straight there to work my last day. Had she said no I would have gladly put them in my car until I was done. When I was reprimanded for being tired I was told shape up or ship out. No concern to any unforseen circumstances going on at the time. I shaped up, I conformed but they already had it set to get rid of me and I am not eligible to apply with them ever again. They make a big deal during orientation how they chose us as employees.
Pros
on call positions get bonus pay in lieu of paying over $200 for their medical.
Cons
Absolutely No concern for anything going on in your life. If you are an employee, you are nothing more than a slave.
Great experience - except that it was a temp position.
Clerk IV - DI (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WAFebruary 11, 2014
This was a per-diem shift, so I helped in several departments. I greeted, registered, and ordered diagnostic tests for patients. I would print the mammogram schedules, pull the films, and make reminder phone calls.

I enjoyed everything about this job. I love my line of work. I am good with patients and office support positions.

My co-workers were friendly, and helpful.
Pros
Had good role models.
Cons
Difficult computer program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WhidbeyHealth Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

WhidbeyHealth Medical Center Reviews by Location