Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 1,483 reviews matching the search See all 2,956 reviews
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Amana, IADecember 8, 2018
Good place to work lots of opportunity for advancement. Flexible schedule and lots of training and a good environment. And helpful staff and management
Pros
Lot of different cultures, ethnicities, training
Cons
The drive
Difficult to be different
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, Whirlpool MI (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIDecember 8, 2018
I am a unique thinker. I simply do things different and have a different way of thinking. At whirlpool they force you to think a their way and when you do not comply with the norm you are singled out and 8-balled despite your excellent work history. Plus the managers do not appreciate how difficult the work is/was and have no patience if issues arise in the work.
Pros
Interesting stuff to work on
Cons
Cliquish with ignorant managers
Don't do it!
Sr. Representative Finance Operations (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 5, 2018
Not a good place to be... very structured and treated as a child. No growth - work is BORING.. I mean who has to put a lunch sign on their desk to go to lunch??
Pros
you have a job
Cons
Old school
Senior Merchandising Manager, cleaning and suites (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIDecember 4, 2018
Very heavy focus on sales and marketing roles, great place to work, although lots of 'old corporate' culture still permeates the organization which can be challenging at times.
N/a
Assembly technician - power ranger (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 3, 2018
It’s a Fast paced job. You will be on your feet most of the time. Do have weekends off but we have requirements overtime on every other Fridays. 30 mins lunch
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good place to work.
Master Production Scheduler / Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN, LaPorte, IN.November 30, 2018
Typical day was to make sure parts were in stock for all promotions for Sears and Whirlpool dealers.

I leaned that the customer is the ultimate decision maker. Our Whirlpool team had to make sure the buyer (customer) of out finished products and service parts. We adjusted our entire day / week to make sure the largest customer Sears was happy with our delivery performance.

The management team was good to me during my years of employment. I was promoted from a Production Scheduler for one plant to a Forecast Analyst that supplied service parts for the entire world. I was rewarded for making drastice changes in how the production ran down the line. I helped get a plant running from 96% output to over 100% plant relization.

Hardest part of the job was getting communication to the close by vendor base when we were forced to make a production change due to an unforseen quality issue with parts on freight trucks.
Pros
Very challenging, Supervisor trust in me was high.
Cons
Stress level of making 7, 500 units a day.
love the hours
Line 2 door team (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 28, 2018
worked there for 2 years. i loved my job and my line supervisor the team that i worked with were all fun loving and knew how to make the shift fly by. made loads of new friends and would recommend this place to anyone
great Job
Laborer and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 27, 2018
labor and Maintenance

a lot about machinery

Management was great

everyone was very friendly

nothing was hard about the job

the people
Call center associate
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 24, 2018
Really fast paced.
Chance to advance.
Lots of customer contact.
Problem solving ability a must.
Computer work heavy.
Supervisors had rough job.
Not again would I choose this job.
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Not enough agent support offered
not clean, bad manigement.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKNovember 21, 2018
you get to work and you clock in and go to you area and stand there and push a button. The work place is vary one sided and they don't really care for there workers or how they feel.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
boring, bad manigment, and slow.

Want to know more about Whirlpool Corporation?

Ask a question
Good place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Middle Amana, IANovember 17, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work. As long as you show up on time and willing to work everything will go smoothly just like any other job. There are good opportunities for you to move up within the company.
Pros
Shift differential, good benefits, vacation time, pay
Cons
Extremely hot summers, no sick time your first year
Difficult Place To Work
ASSEMBLY OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 16, 2018
Going to an employee orientation and expecting to be on second shift and then being told if you wanted a job you had to work third. Wasn't happy since I had already left my previous employer.
Good pay
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Amana, IANovember 15, 2018
good paying job, but management was terrible and never felt like they cared.. We all were just employees, no comfortable manager-employee relationship.
Cut throat and merciless
Assembler and Utilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amana, IANovember 14, 2018
Assembly line work here comes down to: if you can't keep up or don't like the conditions, you should quit. English speakers are the minority, especially for second and third shift, so brush up on your French. Also, be prepared to do the same thing for 700-800 times a day, including lifting refrigerator doors.
Pros
Immediate healthcare
Cons
Physical stress and repetition.
Great work enviroment
Cavity fabrication (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed going into work to work with people that became really close friends to me i enjoyed the area i worked in i done my job exceptionally well the only down side was we got new management that basically drove me to quitting trying to change everything i had been doing
racism
Technician (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OK 74055November 13, 2018
busting your butt
learned - large corps suck to work at
management - poor as managers are underpaid to what other companies pay
culture - bad none
hardest part of job - standing all day long on concrete
most enjoyable - leaving at shift end
Whirlpool is a challenge
Assembler A (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 13, 2018
Whirlpool is a challenge because it tests your character. It tests your own ability to perform quick tests. Overall it is a good place to work. I like it here.
Decent work but bad management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 12, 2018
The work isn't particularly difficult but management of all levels will not help you when you need it. They will try to pawn you off on all of the other area coordinators and supervisors until you finally just give up on getting any help at all.
Pros
Decent pay. Plenty of overtime
Cons
Bad management. Bad environment. Short lunch.
Its not a bad place.
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 8, 2018
Its a nice place to work, its mostly the people that make it stressful and make you not wanna work there. If you're fast paced and you want to work somewhere that you do the same-thing everyday then this is the place for you.
Great place to be part of a work family.
Lean Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 8, 2018
Wages are fair. Health care is much more expensive than other area manufacturing facilities by a long shot. Management changes constantly which can be very frustrating at times. There is plenty of oppurtunity to grow in the company. The company takes pride in training it's employees. There is multiple classes available to continue your manufacturing knowledge.
Pros
I work with some of the best people.
Cons
Health care is expensive!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss