Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.1K
Found 1,412 reviews matching the search See all 2,862 reviews
Too many people working on the buddy system
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 15, 2018
Good when first starting out but unless you are in a social cliche or good friends with the management you won't get far. Seniority and experience means nothing as people who basically got hired in would get good positions and others wouldn't be considered
Pros
Clean place to work benefits and wages comparable
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in management
Whirlpool Corp.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHOctober 14, 2018
The people are honestly extremely rude, I was harassed, stalked, bullied, and threatened and whenever I went to report any of these happenings none of my higher ups did anything to stop or resolve these. They basically just gave the other employee who was doing such things a slap on the wrist so to speak.
its good money but the jobs are junk
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 9, 2018
I honestly took the job to better my family. they don't care about health issues even when your 9 months pregnant. if you don't know a job and tell them that because you really don't know it they'll make you feel like its your fault when you wasn't trained and the supervisor will yell at you because of it
benefits
Cons
job, workers, supervisors, team leaders, and manpower
Terrible managment
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 8, 2018
Don’t expect much in the call center. The 4 week training prepares you little to none. Managment is aweful. Supervisor sends you one place and they send you back to supervisor when needing help.
Pros
Hours
Cons
People
Good oppertunities
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Middle Amana, IAOctober 4, 2018
This is a good place to get experience in entry level management and possibly more. Once you get through your probationary period, you have the ability to bid to other areas
Relaxed fun place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 4, 2018
Whirlpool Corporation was the best place I have ever worked at. It was the most relaxed and fun filled environment that I have ever been in. I really hate that it closed down
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long work hours
amazingly productive environment
Line Worker / cleaning janitor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 4, 2018
Whirlpool Findlay Corporation is an amazing job and i would recommend it to anyone 18 or older to work in a factory job , that was my first experience and i worked hard ! this is a great establishment and continues to bring great work
Pros
good breaks & treats sometimes
Cons
just the temp points
Competitive Environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 3, 2018
Good Employees. Could use a better system to evaluate employees. And some departments do not have good work life balance. Whirlpool provides you with the appropriate resources to do your job.
Enjoyed my job.
Executive Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 2, 2018
Good work and personal life balance. It was important who your managers and directors were, there were some challenging ones. The hardest part of the job was the constant workforce turnover. I enjoyed the people I supported as well as they respected and like me too.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Healthcare
Great place to work! Expanding every year!
Team Leader in Materials (Current Employee) –  Amana, IAOctober 2, 2018
Very great place to work has provided a clean and safe place to continue my career in manufacturing. I have been here for years due to great co-workers and a great work environment.
Pros
Lunch tickets, recognition, and steady job.
Cons
turnover, long hours at times, and if paying expensive lunches.
Productive and fast pace. Goal oriented
Value Stream Manager (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHOctober 2, 2018
A large fast pace company that is very goal oriented. Teamwork is valued and used every day to meet production goals, drive quality improvements and improve safety.
Pros
Good wages, benefits, and company sponsored events.
Cons
Long hours and limited resources.
Process improvement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FieldOctober 1, 2018
In need of process improvement across all areas. They consistently have product availability problems.

I don't know if the marketing data is effectively identifying the proper sub-segments
Pros
Pretty good co-workers
Cons
Leadership is a matrix mess.
good job with room for advancement
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Amana, IASeptember 28, 2018
This is a fast paced work environment, with competitive pay and benefits. Benefits from day 1, and able to bid into other jobs after 30 days of consecutive employment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too far of a drive
material handlet
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 28, 2018
i liked what i did as a material handler .
i left the compnie to care for my sick mother ,
and the companie was great to work for .
good monday thru friday job
Well Managed company
Floater / Back up Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Middle Amana, IASeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work includes installing refrigerator parts such as liners, foam blocks, wires, hinges , center mullion, etc. I've learned how to inspects unit, train assemblers, track daily numbers, fix broken parts, etc. The hardest part of the job has to be trying to catch everyone up at once without shutting off the line. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be seeing the different models refrigerators Whirlpool has to offer.
Benefits
Cons
Only promote those with higher work seniority
it is a nice place for new experience
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Amana, IASeptember 27, 2018
Whirlpool is a nice place that build up my carrier. From assembly lines i am among the best operators of this big company. I learn about many culture and work with very talented people that are ready to give their time for me and allow me to get the experience I have today.
Good Job if you enjoy being in high school again
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 26, 2018
The pay and benefits were really good but the culture of the factory is not a very good one. Nothing but drama, it is just like high school for adults. Management doesn't care about the workers
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Place Culter
good place to work
Sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MISeptember 23, 2018
good place to work, great people, good technologies. near where i live, and had reasonable commute time. fit in with my career goals. would work there again.
Nice place to learn, very few opportunities for technical carrer
Senior Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INSeptember 21, 2018
Great company with a lot of diversity. The company offers the best of the best in terms of trainings. The carrer path is basically administrative. The technical expertise is not really appreciated by the higher management. Poor technical decisions leads to poor quality or high cost products. Huge capacity to deliver the best, but low efficiency.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and great life balance
Cons
Technical carrer does not exist
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 20, 2018
I worked for Whirlpool through a temp agency called Randstad. They are by far the worst agency EVER! After an incident in the restroom where a floor was left wet and no sign was put, I was fired for missing work even with a note from a doctor.
Pros
Catered lunch
Cons
poorly run, rude workers, training was inadequate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

74out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Whirlpool Corporation.

Powered by Comparably