Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 1,366 reviews matching the search See all 2,785 reviews
the job was not all that bad
whirlpool (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 16, 2018
the job was not all that bad once you got used to it or the training you needed if they didn't move you but management was a joke. they kept having down days and shutting down lines and shift. management can treat employees like they are nothing and your told you have to have proof to do anything but cant provide any because your not allowed cameras or anything on plant floor.
Whirlpool
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 16, 2018
Whirlpool was an okay place to work until they used their "lean-tech" to make every job on the line super hard to do. Once they did that, every job was stressful and difficult and took a bit of time to master. Once your done working, your so tired you don't want to do anything else.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay rate.
Cons
Stressful, difficult, and tiring on a daily basis.
No one is made to do what they are supposed to do. They refuse to spend money to correct problems.
Plant Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
Fired in a coverup. I had warned management in several emails of a potential problem that was a danger. They refused. Someone was hurt in the exact manner I described although I was not there and I was fired when I refused to take responsibility for it. Several others were let go, too.I worked many overtime hours, never refused a task. went to work and ta noon they called me in and let me go. Has caused so many problems .
Pros
Worked with SOME great people.
Cons
Their refusal to bring things up to standard.
Work it
Refrigeration Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAAugust 15, 2018
Make money money money. You work hard for it though. it is very hot in the summer. Hard to get anything improved as some management just tell you what you want to hear to shut you up.
Pros
money
Cons
Work
Very stressful
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74117August 13, 2018
As soon as the assembly line started you work at an extremely fast pace all day. I learned that places like that don't treat their employees with much or any respect. Management was always about quota and not about compassion.The hardest part about job was everything.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Too fast paced
No Advancement/Job Eliminatons
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIAugust 13, 2018
I have worked at Whirlpool for almost 5 years and the culture there has steadily declined to the point that I need to find something else more in line with my values and experience. Whirlpool is only looking to create a image of engagement but does nothing to truly effect change. It has provided me however with good benefits and some much needed HR experience.
fast paced
assembler (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 13, 2018
ok place to work not good on advancing with in company , good discounts on merchandise , family days with discount to zoo not fair on solving issues with employees
a normal day at whirlpool
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAAugust 9, 2018
you never know what to expect entering whirlpool doors. Some days you worked, some days you get sent home for lack of work, some days its a slow pace day other days its really fast.
Deteriorating work culture at Whirlpool
Engineering Director (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 9, 2018
The work culture at Whirlpool has deteriorated post change in CEO since 2017. The new culture is dominating, my way of highway type culture. Not the Innovative and people oriented company it used to be. Compromising a lot on its core vale of "respect". Engineering groups plagued by politics promoting only the Brazilians. Lot of top talent scrambling to leave the company.
Pros
Great history, stable compant
Cons
Work culture
Customer Oriented
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 7, 2018
Care about their customers and their satisfaction. Always making sure that the customers have the proper facts and knowledge of their product. Always going the extra mile for their customers.
Productive friendly enviorment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHAugust 7, 2018
I think whirlpool is a very good job, it helps you with all kinds of benefits, but also same time lack in moving people up because of lack of workers and being able to keep people
prductive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 6, 2018
very fast moving. always have a chance to go higher in the plant and to get more money. good friendly people to work around and to work for. very interesting getting to see the product we build from the very first step to the very last..
nice work place
Plant Utility (Current Employee) –  Amana, IAAugust 6, 2018
typical work day pretty smooth until machines break down
always learning something new about machines or other departments
management is great and very understandable
attitudes could be better as well as professionalism
Productive work place
Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 6, 2018
The place was well organized and it felt like a good safe environment. They never had enough equipment so it wouldn't feel right trying to race to the equipment .
Its good but not Best.
CNC CLASS B OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 6, 2018
Good but not Best. Internship jobs are no good for most. They do not help enough with the learning and if you fail or have a learning disability like me your out of luck, your kicked out. No second chance.
They want to say they are a family but they are too big and cannot be a family. Cause a family will bend the rules a little some times.
Big Corporations Never Do!
Pros
Nice people, good vacation time.
Cons
Not enough emergency time for being sick. No compashion.
It's not your dad's Whirlpool anymore
Conveyor attendant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 1, 2018
It used to be a great place to work but then went makes the jobs harder and changed a lot of policies just is not a fun place to work out anymore......
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks strict absent policy
hard place to work
Trainer/Tester (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 1, 2018
extremely hot even in the winter and back breaking work 2 10 min breaks but bathrooms were so far away you could barely get back in time because the line starts back up exactly 10 min after it stops and you cant eat on the line but you don't have time on your break and yes you need to eat on break it is a 10 hr shift some of the jobs were incredibly hard but they always had people out timing areas to see how they could cram more on jobs to get rid of another body on the line. schedule was mon-thur 6 to 4:30 but they can tell you thur morning we have to work friday we were always having to cancel appointments working here your personal and home life is 2nd and work needs to be #1
Pros
pay and benifits
Good place to work, pay benefits hours...very poor management
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 29, 2018
Management says change starts with you... Change starts with management... Management at whirlpool cops out and places blame on employees rather than looking at management structure and management application.. Advancement only possible if a Whirlpool legacy. Management walks around with sense of entitlement.. Looks down on the labor force.
Pros
Pay benefits hours
Cons
Management. Policy. HR
My experience at whirlpool overall...
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAJuly 27, 2018
Overall I did not mind working at Whirlpool. I absolutely enjoyed the work and was fine with the physical labor that went with it. I'm fairly fit and try to stay as healthy as possible. If I want to give an honest reason why I'm giving such a low review I will be truthful. When I first started I knew it'd be a physical toll and I had to either get used to it or it wouldn't work. My back ached and my hands felt like I was a 100 old man with severe arthritis and etc. I didn't try to complain about the pain because I knew it's something that came with the job and it was something I had to get used to. Only times I mentioned it were if I felt I was slowing down and needed some assistance. I was a little alarmed when I was flat out told. "Either it gets better or it's just not going to work." I was told either I get better or I'll be fired. I wasn't a bad working and I was trying to find ways to make the pain manageable so I could do the best of my abilities. It was confusing to me that a job would throw out a hard worker without any negotiation or compensation for at least trying to do my best in spite of my physical pain.

Whirlpool is all about quality and I don't knock them for that. This point ties with the subject of my pace and my soreness. Of course if someone is in pain the pace will be slower. I understood I needed to perform at a certain pace to meet requirement. I was only a month new and I for sure felt the soreness. Again I tried to explain this "I'm sorry for my slowness and I'm trying my best to keep at a pace that satisfies your needs. I'm also trying to look out
  more... for any defects. My big priority is quality which is important." Sadly either one I tried to defend it wasn't good enough. I needed to speed up to catch up but hardly gave me anytime to focus on problems. I speed up it was harder to catch a break and let my soreness relax. I understand at some level complaining can get annoying when it comes to jobs and I understood that at the time. I found in unfair to be told to focus on quality then when done so be told I needed to speed up.

Whirlpool was a great company to work for but could use better decision when it comes to leadership roles and who's in charge of what. I'm not tooting my horn or saying I'm better than who was my upper but the way I was treated in my *opinion* wasn't fair.

If I'm to be absolutely honest again this review is a bit on the rant side and I'm just going through the grief that I did not meet the standards of Whirlpools needs. But I hope at least some of my points don't fall on deaf ears and someone humors me in what I said. Like I said i enjoyed whirlpool and it taught me a few things along the way. I have the feeling I won't be with whirlpool again only until a big change happens within or I see I'm needed to go back.
Pros
Great pay, a lot of hours, constant moving (personal preference)
Cons
poor leadership, not really understanding of workers needs via health, terrible employee recognition
Good environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 27, 2018
Really love to work here. All the employee was like good friends. Only that whirlpool corporation doesnot provide overtime. Supervisoris deals friendly with employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight