Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 1,536 reviews matching the search See all 3,046 reviews
Great place to work.
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 29, 2019
Whirlpool is a great place to work. Benefits are highly competitive and the variety of the works keeps it interesting. Would recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Great flexibility for a good work/life balance
Cons
Some management at Whirlpool does not live up to expectations
Love the CXC
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Almost everyone is nice and helpful. Tons of resources to help you succeed. Endless opportunities to advance once you're in the door! Great benefits and competitive commission rates.
Pros
Management, Pto, Benefits, Bonuses
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Amana, IADecember 8, 2018
Good place to work lots of opportunity for advancement. Flexible schedule and lots of training and a good environment. And helpful staff and management
Pros
Lot of different cultures, ethnicities, training
Cons
The drive
Upper Management Failures and Inconsistency
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 23, 2019
There are opportunities to advance, to a certain point. Beyond that, it becomes completely a political charade. Upper management does not support their supervisors in a way that leads to success. Discipline is not enforced fairly or with any consistency. Upper management plays favorites with their supervisors, then over encumbers the remaining supervisors with an abundance of tasks. The workplace culture is rampant with favoritism, and nothing is done from the top down to address this. However, management is quick to listen to and act upon unproven complaints made by hourly staff.
Pros
Decent salary. Tuition assistance.
Cons
Poor upper management.
Good Job if you enjoy being in high school again
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 26, 2018
The pay and benefits were really good but the culture of the factory is not a very good one. Nothing but drama, it is just like high school for adults. Management doesn't care about the workers
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Place Culter
Productive Workplace
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 14, 2019
It's a nice place to work and they have great benefits. They are interested in growth. The only thing is the location. Great Great place to begin a career.
working for Whirlpool
Training Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAAugust 29, 2018
There are multiple jobs in the factory. It is hard to specify all the details of all the jobs at Whirlpool. In my experience from the jobs that I have done, some jobs are harder than others. It is a very fast paced environment. There are opportunities for advancements with Whirlpool with a little luck and hard work. The environment can be very stressful and very hot in the summer months. One of the harder parts of the job is that Whirlpool is not very family oriented. Meaning that they work a lot of overtime and do not excuse any absences for family reasons. Also the health benefits are not all that good. There are not many company activities for being a larger corporation. In my time there we went through several people in management positions. I did walk away from the job with a lot of new skills learned.
Good Company
NPI Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 7, 2018
Great company to join as a recent graduate. Good company to join later in career (but limited advancement due to first item). Company has strong preference for young engineers and leaders they can develop, although many will leave.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Interesting Work
Cons
Unless you are hired from campus, your career is limited. Not for approaching mid to late career employees
installed cooling for refridgerators
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OHJanuary 7, 2019
worked the line as a temp worker for almost 2 years had to fight to get in permantly inwhich you get benifits and are treated better but as soon as i enlisted into the United States Marine Corps i was fired and since i was a temp worker it isnt breaking any laws
fast paced work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAFebruary 6, 2019
time goes by fast at whirlpool cause you are working fast. i learned alot about different cultures. the management at whirlpool changed alot but for the best. whirlpool has a diverse work culture. working with such a diverse culture is difficult at times because there arent many interpetors.
Good place to work.
Master Production Scheduler / Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN, LaPorte, IN.November 30, 2018
Typical day was to make sure parts were in stock for all promotions for Sears and Whirlpool dealers.

I leaned that the customer is the ultimate decision maker. Our Whirlpool team had to make sure the buyer (customer) of out finished products and service parts. We adjusted our entire day / week to make sure the largest customer Sears was happy with our delivery performance.

The management team was good to me during my years of employment. I was promoted from a Production Scheduler for one plant to a Forecast Analyst that supplied service parts for the entire world. I was rewarded for making drastice changes in how the production ran down the line. I helped get a plant running from 96% output to over 100% plant relization.

Hardest part of the job was getting communication to the close by vendor base when we were forced to make a production change due to an unforseen quality issue with parts on freight trucks.
Pros
Very challenging, Supervisor trust in me was high.
Cons
Stress level of making 7, 500 units a day.
faced past environment with room to grow
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 3, 2018
There is a lot of room to advance your career and even the ability to move around different departments to find the right fit. Overtime available year round. Decent benefits and pay. Adequate training provided on the job.
The pay is great! But the people...
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 8, 2018
The pay is great especially when you have high seniority and the benefits are pretty good as well. But sometimes the people you work with can be very toxic and make it hard to work with them. Management still needs a lot of work... I do love that they don't force overtime anymore.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Rarely forced overtime.
Cons
Down days, favoritism.
Productive and continuously changing environment
Senior Project Engineer - Support Operations (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 2, 2018
The typical day is focus on providing our customers with the best quality, cost and availability of our product.
This is great at engaging employees to learn and implement Lean and Continuous Improvement to eliminate waste.
Management is mission focused and sets aggressive targets while providing support to accomplish the goals.
Workplace culture is full of can do people that always offer a helping hand to those in need at the plant and in the community. Volunteering a local shelters, United Way and fundraisers.
Change being a hard thing to accept for many people the workplace culture can sometimes become bitter. However, in the end everyone understands that without the change our company suffers and in turn we do.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that almost everyday there is something different to tackle. There is nothing mundane about it although sometimes thankless, I find it rewarding knowing I've made a difference.
racism
Technician (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OK 74055November 13, 2018
busting your butt
learned - large corps suck to work at
management - poor as managers are underpaid to what other companies pay
culture - bad none
hardest part of job - standing all day long on concrete
most enjoyable - leaving at shift end
Fun place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 6, 2018
The work there is great. I love my coworkers and have made some great friends. Pay and benefits are very good. Factory is mostly clean and comfortable to work in.
Pros
Clean environment
Very fast pace
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 1, 2018
Whirlpool has great bebefis. However they tend to cut your hours on a biweekly basis. Management as far as treating people fairly is great. Attendance is very strict. You only get 5 emergency PRO's but receive 10 PRO's every month. However if you run out or emergency PTO you have to plan your regular PTO days.ahead of time. If you run out then you have to leave the job. Even if your dick you have to co.e to work if your out of PTO.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
PTO policy
Good place to work, pay benefits hours...very poor management
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 29, 2018
Management says change starts with you... Change starts with management... Management at whirlpool cops out and places blame on employees rather than looking at management structure and management application.. Advancement only possible if a Whirlpool legacy. Management walks around with sense of entitlement.. Looks down on the labor force.
Pros
Pay benefits hours
Cons
Management. Policy. HR
Productive and collaborative
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHOctober 17, 2018
I would recommend Whirlpool to anyone wanting to advance their career. As a Materials Supervisor you are able to flex your time to create a positive work/life balance.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Production is not level. It will ebb and flow to match market demand.
Great place, good people, focused.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 9, 2018
Awesome place to work, people are great to be around, very accepting of diversity, culture varies upon the shift. I started out as a floater, as given every opportunity to move up and train as a back up team leader where I found out that I enjoyed leadership. The company pays 100% towards college for you furthering your education and your life. The company reimburses for fitness equipment, fitness memberships, fitness trackers. Company offers plenty of advancements, supervisors call over inner com to tell their lines when they did great jobs. Lots of family activities. Yearly steer roast. Undergoing lots or changes focus more on quality. Supervisors are very engaging and motivating. I truly enjoy it here and he people make it even better!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Whirlpool Corporation.

Powered by Comparably