White Castle Employee Reviews

Found 1,513 reviews matching the search See all 1,516 reviews
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2019
The people working there are quick to help you understand things and it wasn't long before everything fell into a comfortable rythm. I vastly enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.
Too stressful, Rude coworkers, Rude general manager, hard to advance
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 18, 2019
The general manager had no respect for employees and yelled at them in front of customers and other employees. He also cut hours just because he didn't like you or created a mess for night shift workers when he didn't like them either or nit picked with a white glove
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, Rude manager, rude coworkers
n/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46201March 17, 2019
i don't really know how to answers this question i just can say white castles a great place to work friendly co=workers with great pay. Also good team
Pros
great pay
Cons
rude customers
Loved this job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 17, 2019
The day consisted of taking orders ,and making oders cleaning the resturant. Every one would laugh and joke around and all of our work got done . This store was always being cleaned so it wasnt to bad to keep it all clean !
Pros
Free food, managers
Cons
Pay
Not great.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 16, 2019
You’d get reprimanded for using the bathroom, whether you tell someone or not. And they pay isn’t very great, further more if you don’t want to take a break like most other jobs would allow they will make you go on break.
Pros
Free lunches. That’s it.
Cons
You have to work there for a year just to get any benefits besides having free food.
White Castle
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2019
I started of working 6 hours a day then the hours increased . Then I proceeded to take more hours and management said I could not it was very frustrating not able to work many hours . Secondly , the place was physically falling apart heavy leaks it was very nasty to work in that type environment. So I got feed up and quit because the work hours I was given we’re getting smaller and smaller by the day and it wasn’t benefiting me with my bills .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor Management
lovely work, awesome coworkers, bad management.
White Castle (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 11, 2019
i really enjoyed working here but i had some problems with my main manger. first off she openly showed that she disliked me because of my family ties. for example my first offense witch was me showing up late an hour for over sleeping she tripled jeopardy me.she almost got what she wanted till i contacted the higher ups witch made her not fire me.
Very Busy.
Shift/Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 11, 2019
I was responsible for day to day activities such monitoring and working with employees everyday. The work schedule was very flexible. If i had to go back i would go again.
Productive place thats helped me grow. This company give u the freedom to shoot for the stars and never limit u to a specific job or role .
Crew manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJMarch 10, 2019
Nice and enjoyable job to work at various stations give any given day a different feel seems like it's never a dull moment. Seeing and hearing from people that used to buy food years ago never seems to get old makes u feel proud to still be doing that line of work.
Pros
Free meals benefits like healthcare and dental 401k
Cons
No overtime
Fun place to work
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2019
Its a great place to work. The staff is wonderful and helpful. I had learned a lot from the staff and the management. Opportunities for advancement are available. Just the inconsistent hours were my only worry.
Pros
free lunch, after a year paid time off
Cons
inconsistant hours

Want to know more about White Castle?

Ask a question
Fast pace and can become stressful with big orders.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMarch 4, 2019
It was an overall good job. I wasn’t kept in one spot and constantly got moved to work in different areas. Management never seemed to help the person working the fryer, individual working the fryer never got help and was always rushed. A bit of lacking in the teamwork aspect.
Professionally well managed, and perfect for first time workers.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJFebruary 27, 2019
A typical day at work consists of clocking in, taking orders from both the interior and drive-thru, and giving out the exact order stated by the customer in a friendly manner.

After working over a year, I can say that I've changed into a whole different person. I currently am able to work perfectly under jobs that require a fast paced approach and to think critically.

The management was professional, but not as understanding. Despite the amount of years and their impressive staff, they sadly disappointed my expectations of how they dealt with young new workers.

The hardest part of the job was when a former manager there possessed terrible leadership qualities and was obviously unfit to be in the position that he was in. Even after my many attempts to defuse and prevent any workplace problem, he continued to challenge me and drive the workplace down to the ground.

The most enjoyable part of this job was afterwards things were fixed and "replaced" around the staff area. I began to work another 5 months until I decided to redirect my skills to a non-food industry position.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours, on average good customers
Cons
Short breaks, a former undisciplined manager, and low pay
Good pay and good learning skills
White Castle (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2019
Good benefits and works with your schedule and good hours and good wage,When I first started working at White Castle in July 2017 I was lost but I learned good skills to teach me in the future.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Lunch breaks
Great coworkers and fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 23, 2019
Working at White Castle taught me a lot. I learned to multitask, work fast pace, and communicate with my coworkers during hectic scenarios. I wish I could have stayed.
Pros
Free lunches and good pay
Cons
The new general manager needs to care more about her employees.
hardworking place and quick-paced
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIFebruary 22, 2019
the most enjoyable part of working here is the people that I work with. The hardest part of working there is when you are short-handed and have to work harder then you have too.
Pros
free food
Cons
short-handed, not enough employees
Overall A Good Company
CREW MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 21, 2019
The company overall was a great opportunity. There was recognition for hard work, and the pay was fantastic compared to similar jobs. Only downside was rude customers, but you get those everywhere.
Pros
Free Meals, Discount
Cons
Short, extended staffing
Fact paced environment Busy days could happen anytime
Crew Member,Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 16, 2019
The job doesn’t really offer a lot but free food , Mangers work with crew members when the day starts to be busy , Have to show great customer service able to take orders fast and correctly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Get off of work with an terrible ordor
Pretty great place.
Resturaunt (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Boss was an incompetent fool though. I sometimes had to remind him that he didn't pay any of us yet. But overall if u like having customers yelling in ur face as well as curse out ur mother and ur forced to sit there and take it then this is the place for u.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Customers ugghhhh
my review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2019
I am a Hard working person put everything on the line every Day i work fast an hard i do everything the way i was told hard work pays off . The feel like the most thing you can do is learn an youll accomplish all your goals
Do not work for white castle
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIFebruary 14, 2019
this would be the worst mistake of your life if this was your first job or even a job you need to have to try and get by. you only get 25hrs or less a week and no paid time off for at least a year. They say competitive pay but its min wage no matter your experience in fast food. don't even think about calling off they will tell you every time you need a doctors note even if its a family emergency. Management is horrible most of them have been working for the company for too long like 20-30 years so most are ungiving and really don't want you to move up unless you suck up to them. Bottom line go ahead and work here and see if im not lying.
Pros
non
Cons
everything written

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Castle. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at White Castle.

Powered by Comparably