White Castle

White Castle insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Ok first job

Worked there throughout high school no chance of advancement favoritism towards the older team members when is came to scheduling dead end job unless you got in good with upper management

Pros

Free meals

Good starter job for a teenager, not much room for advancement. Pay is decent as the work is fairly easy. Night shifts are relatively slow and seem to drag, but easy.

Productive, but slow and little shift time

It was a fine job, good first time worker experience, wouldn't plan to work much shifts go to most liked employees it felt like, unless you can carry heavy stuff

Pros

Free food

Cons

Never enough shift time

Great

This place is good, its fun to work a and you get good hours for the most part. Its a company where you can move up fairly quick. Well I did but itz definitely depend on you.

its alright

Pay is good for a starting job. You deal with highschoolers or young adults that do nothing but deal with drama. The customers tend to be a mix of respectful and rude but mainly rude. They will take advantage of your hours if your not careful though. You HAVE to work midnights if you're 17+ which is stupid.

Pros

free food

Cons

busy fast paced

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

It was fun for those who made it fun so for me fun and laid back.

They ok company if you want right now money they have their picks in the company and those are the only ones that make it in the company to add that it is family owned so their only looking out for their families mostly corporate. The ones the make the orders run shift do the most work meaning entry level management and it's a lot of pressure. So me personally when I worked for them I made it fun because I love people and when you work in a place that all cultures of people come to it fun because you learn new things. It been awhile because I since they terminate me because of injury and I barley worked since then as a result of that I was left with permanent partial disability but I've tried to make the best of my life and explore different careers that will allow me to continue in the workforce tho it has been very challenging.

Tossed out like yesterday’s trash after 43 years

They took a man who loved his job , loved teaching and giving value - and broke him - After spending a lifetime, there was no one left who cared - once you reach a certain age, key individuals think you can’t change, learn or provide a return - they claim to be a “family” Apparently, I was not part of that “family”This was a company that once placed a value on loyalty to their employees - this meant much to us through the years - this thinking is now dead

Pros

Front line advancement moves quickly - some regions have vision

Cons

I was tossed out after 43 years - loyalty, dedication and results mean little if you aren’t valued by those at the top

Like the people

Really wish I still work there... I messed my job up to you to my own self and not being responsible! I really still wish I worked for this company I had your benefits in like the people, but I still have a lot to learn in life!

Just never again I urge you do not do this.

On my last day I was scheduled with two managers basically one took burgers off the grill and handed them to the other to put them in boxes. Apparently my job was to take orders in the drive thru put them into the system make the drinks the smoothies the veggie and impossible sliders put the orders together drop the fried food box the fried food all while they constantly questioned me as to why I couldn't keep up place is hilarious feel free. I walked out never looked back noone even contacted me as to why I left nice company

Pros

Just none unless you like this nasty food

Cons

Literally everything

Fun place to work at and learn new things

This was such a great job. It’s like having a second family. Everyone genuinely cares for each other. They understand you have a life outside of work and they try to be as flexible as possible. If you do your job you will have no problems. You won’t regret working here.

Pros

Free lunch, good people, great pay, pretty decent breaks, flexible, 2 weeks paid vacation after a year

What you expect

When I first joined White Castle, I had to train myself to learn everything because no one else would help me. Favoritism very evident with promotions. At first, I was told I was a good candidate for a trainer position, but then no manager would put in a recommendation for me, so I never got promoted, but they had me train new employees anyways, but paid me at a crew member salary.

Pros

Free food on the clock

Cons

Long hours, no breaks

It’s going downhill with the new upper management

When I first started 21 years ago it was a cool place to work but as time went on the people that had been there start retirement. It totally sucks!!!!!! U work ur butt off you never have no help, sometimes you gotta close because no one shows up. They let the employees get away with murder because they “sometimes” show up.

Pros

Taught me responsibility

Cons

It’s totally gone downhill

Fast Paced, & Understaffed.

Majority of co-workers are helpful and positive. Management is decent.Extremely understaffed, with 3-4 people working a shift. This is backwards, as the load falls on only 3-4 people. Very drained when the work day is over & leaves you wanting to never return. Weekly pay is the only thing I look forward to. Back pains & feet pains at the end of the day when working the grill.

Pros

free lunch, weekly play

Cons

Understaffed!!!!

Did not like it

I was a grill worker and overall it was okay. The management is unfair and shows favoritism. I will not work here again nor recommend anyone to work here.

This is a great place to work for young people and for retired people. I probably wouldn't suggest it for a career. I worked part time and it was great for me.

Pros

Free food

It is what you make of it

It’s easy work. Do your job and you’re good. Management can suck but that’s all jobs so it is what you make it.

Proper direction and focus made a happy team !!!

I learned so many ways to deal with so many characters so matter what the season was and it was so easy to work there as an employee! The level of work is truly third to maybe fifth grade learning ! Using every day simple tasks to become very rich people ! Thank you White Castle for the opportunity !!!

Pros

Free lunches, 401K

Cons

Dental plan

Customer and the team

Great place to work every one is together and very nice if u work 6 days a week they give u a 150 a week on your pay check plus u get meal and u also get PTO

The people are amazing

This was by far my favorite job because of the people but the problem is they are just so short staffed because nobody wants to work right now. The manager is amazing and so are the people.

Pros

Free food/great pay

Cons

Short staffed

The people

The bad thing about this company is the unprofessional people and the mean complaining co workers. But they did teach me what to do in the fast food business with the little time i was there . they taught how to work with a fryer, Clean the floors and work areas, and how to work a register. Overall it was a good first job to have.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

mean co workers

It’s a good company when you start

It’s a good company when you start but as soon as you start moving up it’s a nightmare. I was doing manager work for 6months before I actually got promoted. And then again it took 2 months to get my pay from my next promotion. Each raise was $4/extra an hour so it sucked to lose out that much for so long. They don’t give any real perks for staying long term only for new members. Plus they don’t value your time once you’re promoted. Always expected to be on call on your days off. This company is a great stepping stone but not a great career. I will say the pay is decent and it has great benefits but I’m not sure the outweighs everything else

Pros

Free lunches, Decent Pay and Good benefits

Cons

Slow at promotions, no home/work life balance and rude upper management

Common questions about White Castle

Answered by current and former employees at White Castle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Castle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare White Castle with

• White Castle
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?