White Castle Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,391 reviews
Good job during high school
Night Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 16, 2018
It is a good job if you are in high school or something but it is not a career like they want you to treat it like. The pay is not enough for someone to actually pay their bills or live off of.
great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 14, 2018
i have worked their for 13 years it is by far the best fast food job around flexible good pay good benefits and treat their employees good you get paod every week and most castles have a good enviroment
It’s okay.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 14, 2018
Working here was a great experience. However , I waiting over a month to receive my one year raise ! And now I’m waiting over 2 months so far for my raise to become a trainer!! Pay is terrible.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay rate, schedule
Great employers and cowirkers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHOctober 13, 2018
Great place to work, I would go back if i could. Everyone is friendly, compassionate, and hard working. They really set the standard for maintaining a clean work enviorment.
Pros
Available hours, supportive staff, flexibility
Cons
You smell like onions after your shift.
Very hetic
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Greendale, INOctober 9, 2018
The general manager is very unprofessional. Essex up my pay checks. And has a very bad bed side mannor. When asked for help he stated there was nothing he could do.
it was a decent job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIOctober 9, 2018
white castle was a descent job i had to put in my 2 weeks notice because i was doing night and day school in high school and i had no time to work. and on the weekends i be extremely exhausted.
Pros
nice employees
Fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 9, 2018
This was my first job back after having my son. It took me awhile to get the hang of things again. The management was good until the last one who was not so very nice. If it wasn't for her i probably would have stayed a little longer.
worked with people with good personality
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2018
working at white Castles was a roller coaster. It would be so busy, when you were hired, you have to be able to learn quickly. Speed is the main thing that the managers would be on your back about. At white castle everyone got along and was friendly. The hardest part of the job, became easy for mt after the second month I worked there. That would be the fryer. Definitely got to know how to multitask and move very quickly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
short breaks
Great co workers
All positions (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed working there with my co workers. But when i had to put my notice in to quit because i was moving the atmosphere changed with the managers. One of the GM's was very hateful when i gave plenty of notice (a month).
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not really worried about employees
It was great.
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 3, 2018
It's was great. The only reason I left was for closer work and to not deal with a single bad manager out of many. Learning on the job from training to experience was enjoyable.
Nun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jennings, MOOctober 2, 2018
Like working at the castle got to eat good everyday and make money at the same time and get paid every week but the job got to me in ways I was not of thought of but my managers was the best the job period I think about sum times I miss it
Productive fast paced place to work in
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Union cityOctober 2, 2018
At White Castle things are really fast paced so. Being able to stand for long periods of time is crucial. Also have to balance many things at the same time.
Pros
Free food, flexible hours
Cons
Small amount of hours
Its a great place to work.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIOctober 1, 2018
Its fun and employees are nice its qucik paced you will get used to everyone is friendly..everyone get along with one another they help you if you are stuck on a project by yourself
Pros
Good food
Working at the Castle
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Markham, ILOctober 1, 2018
Working at white Castle takes a lot of courage from handling the job duties and whats comes with working for this company. You have to be prepared for a lot of things that comes with the business, such as customers complaints,attitudes,and food handling. As being a employee at white castle I really enjoy working for the business to help out with different tasks and learning different tasks.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 1, 2018
This job is okay. They pay really good and you get paid weekly, however for the little hours you work it isn't a lot. You definitely can't have a house with just this job.
Very unprofessional
N/A (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 30, 2018
I have worked for White Castle for Only a little while now and it is the most unprofessional place i have ever worked! The management is very rude and disrespectful to you. They only care about sales. Very “dog eat dog” kind of environment. They hire unreliable people who don’t show up to work then making it harder for the team members who do, to do their jobs efficiently due to short staff. The customers are even worse because they know the company will give them free meals for complaining, and when disrespected by customers they force you to just take it and sit there quietly even when you are not in the wrong! Do not apply for this company, they don’t care about you as a person at all.
Pros
Free food
Good job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 26, 2018
This job definitely builds character you mop floors and work hard and you get free food while you work for it you just can't take anything home I did enjoy the work while I was there and moving up quickly but I cannot do this kind of work for the rest of my life.
A great place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 26, 2018
White castle is a great place to work. The pay is nice, customers love the food and i would love to work for white castle. Its a nice steady not crowed place where everyone can come and enjoy their food
Very structured and firm on policy but still familyenvironment and the job was so much fun especiallyng the holidays and competitive .
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2018
Truly appreciated all they taught me in management and team work also they gave me self confidence and the want an need to work hard and give my all no matter what I do in life.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Hard work
Good service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2018
They had good service food and the managers made sure that every customer was token care of the right way. I enjoyed the other crew members it was just how the managers would talk to the crew that i did not like.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Castle. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at White Castle.

Powered by Comparably