White Castle

United States2,229 reviews

Found 2,229 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,236 reviews
whitefoodfreefastlunchcustomershiftpace

My 1st job

Great job worked there in 1996. I was 16 and it was a fun place to work as a kid. I made $7 back then now they make $15 how time has changed. They continue to innovate but at the same time keep it classic.

Thoroughly enjoyed position.

Working with White Castle was the best entry job I could have asked for. Ive spent about 4 years at this company & have worked my way up from team member to crew manager. Though I am no longer employed here, White Castle has provided me with all the skills necessary for a successful future. Of course every workplace has its downfalls, but the environment makes up for it. Would recommend giving it a shot.

Pros

Environment.

Cons

Flexibility could be better.

White Castle insights

Based on 1,300 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Not a great environment.

Was promised training in job ad I saw. Was put on grill first day and pretty much got on everyone's nerves. Management talked down to me and to each other.

Team and customers

At the end of the day, what made this job was the team I had and my customers. That’s why I stayed for so long. My GM was wonderful at the start. Would praise me for my good work. Ask for my input on lots of different aspects, and overall made me feel important in my management roll. In the end that input just became me running a majority of the store by myself. Even though I was just regular management. Working 16 hour shifts was “normal” by my store’s standards. Having a child while working here is difficult unless you don’t care about not seeing your child. Even though they preach about Family. Just not your own blood family. This place sucks you in.

Pros

Free food when you go to break.

Cons

Long work days unexpectedly.

bad management

There were many many scheduling issues such as not being scheduled or being put on and taken off the schedule. There were other instances of not receiving the information that you had to work until 1-2 days before.

Horrible

Worse place to work they do not care about their employees they ask you to do job that is not in your job description. Worse place to work. They are very underhanded

Fast paced job, decent pay

A very fast-paced and busy job, don't expect to have much downtime. Your experience comes down to management, but overall as long as you do what you need to do, it's all pretty light work. Expect to learn multiple postitions.

Do not recommend to work here

All and all at this company there is favoritism. If you don’t kiss up to upper management or point out problems they purposely pick with you until you quit or set you up to be fired. Highly don’t recommend anyone works here.

Cons

The management does not care about their workers.

Alright job

The managers are ok here but people don’t work as hard as you’d like them to and also the pay isn’t great for the hours you’re expected to work it’s really not the best

Poor Communication, Big Egos, Lack of Empathy, Outdated equipment

There are better things in life to look forward to. Do not waste your time here. You will not be valued, and will be treated like a child. The environment was so toxic that I felt sick to my stomach the last week that I was there. Horrible Experience. The only thing I learned from this place is how low I was willing to go to make money. That's the lowest I'll ever go.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Horrible Teamwork, Lack of Consistency, Poor Training, Poor Pay

Fun workplace

The environment was very fun to work at, and people were great. My coworkers really made the team feel like a home. And family. The management seemed to care about their workers.

Pros

Good lunches/food. Fun work place. Decent pay.

Cons

Scheduling was slightly confusing

This company doesn't care about uts workers all they care about is the money they make. They don't give people a warning for a first offense they just fire you . They allow people too steal time and money from they and put more pressure on the people that works the hardest for them

Cons

No work life balance

What is the best part of working at the company?There is nothing about working at the White Castle on 13th and Broadway in Gary, Indiana. The employees and management are unprofessional.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful thing about working at White Castle is the lack of training. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment and culture is hostile.What is a typical day like for you at the company?The employees come in late with attitudes and are unwilling to assist one another as a team.

It's ok

Its fast paced and easy to work there as long as the lead is good and willing to work. Pay is good to if you. Overall its an ok first job or something to do while you go to school.

Ambiente de trabajo estresante, con mucha hostilidad

Buen lugar para trabajar si estas dispuesto a que te traten mal.

Pros

Buen salario

Cons

Mal trato

They very respectful

They are very respectful up there,I love working with.They would help you with anything you need.I love the company,it’s like a family to me,they help me out a lot up.

Bad place

They do not care how much work you do, it will go unrecognized with positions that were promise and never gave. Tons of drama and none of the manager care.

Pros

N/a

liked workinh here

starter job for highschool student or college student. like working here. Always hiring and flexibl with school schedule. mangement cares about your wellbeing

typical day at workwhat you learnedmanagementworkplace culturethe hardest part of the jobthe most enjoyable part of the job. I did enjoy White Castle for the pay but never liked how they schedule me weekly

Its depressing

Nasty restaurant the general manager is very rude , shows favoritism in the work place let's the other managers do what they want and they have no consequences

What is the best part of working at the company?Moved up the ladder quickly with hard work! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with the public can be tough at timesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good fast paced work environment, everyone was treated decent. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy , have a couple daily rushes with cleaning in between

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Castle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight