White Castle
Information from White Castle:

White Castle Employee Reviews

United States1,924 reviews
Found 1,924 reviews matching the search
It feels like a very family oriented business environment always was happy to be there loved the fact of getting paid every week discounts on food & good benefits
I have worked here for over 2 years while in highschool to help pay for my apartment at the time and it was a great income for the time being (great starting pay). While being there for two years I gained my position as a certified trainer in less than a year of being there. I feel as if they need to enforce stricter rules when late or out of uniform; like most fast foods areas. I always have trouble getting days off when I request them off in advance and always seem to work full time hours every week as a part time employee. All in all this team has become like family but I have seen a lot come and go very fast due to my cons.
Pros
Free lunch, good environment & area, catered celebrations
Cons
Short breaks, not the best benefits, management
It was a good first job, it just wasn’t for me. The work space was crowded and to small for me. The pay was terrible and my hours kept getting cut for being a minor.
Pros
It was easy work
Cons
It had terrible pay
Everyone is nice a first. After your first three months, everyone is so rude. I had my coworkers and managers gossiping about me, saying that I’m blind and I’m deaf, after they were just praising me in the beginning. The general manager at this location is horrible and condescending. He had me scrubbing the walls as punishment for calling out of work due to having finals that week after promising that he wouldn’t interfere with my schooling. They pay you minimum wage which is fine. After telling the manager how I felt about all the gossip and the way I was spoken too, he accused me of not being able to “handle the pressure”. I quit right then and there. No matter amount of money is worth the verbal abuse.
Pros
Cons
Rude staff, Only get a 30 minute break
Soooo I was going for my first day of working there and I was expecting to get help and training and that the other people will help me well I was wrong I got no training I got yelled at for not make things correctly and no one helped me to understand how to make the food correctly they say their a friendly and fun place I wanted to quit the first day I worked there overall they only care about the money and not helping each other or others
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
No one cares about you
Leave a review. Help people like you.
They want to much and ghve too less and dont guve raises enough and they flip your chedule every week and they only give u 30 minutes for a break and its hot
Pros
Free food
Cons
Gotta beg for uniforms and teriible schedules
-it was sorta kinda confusing
-at first a little but once I got the

-hang of it I just started to develop -very quickly and eventually got

-the hang of it
Employees are rude to one another . Overall the whole company needs help, an respect each other. Pay rate Is great. Hours were also. Linn location everybody is very rude. You train yourself.
Fast food workers are the initial contact between customers and fast food establishments. They are responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, resolving customer complaints, and addressing any questions or comments that customers may have. Fast food workers perform many tasks. They take customers' orders, assemble the orders, and act as cashiers. Fast food is then served through drive-through windows or over counters in the restaurant. In some fast food restaurants, such as take-out establishments, workers may be responsible for serving food on dishes or trays.
Love the managers and the General Manager the District Manager who comes and goes is a very rude and negative person which is why there is a huge turnover problem at the kenosha location
Pros
Great benefits!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at White Castle?
Working here was a great experience. The other workers where amazing and welcoming to new workers. I had strong friendships with a lot of people here and could rely on them a lot. I recommend it a lot.
Pros
Free food
Cons
My favorite part about working at white castle was learning the leadership skills the job taught me at a young age , and also the atmosphere of providing a service to my community and making each customer feel valued and respected while also giving the best service I could.
Pros
The people
Cons
The people
It is a fine establishment to work at and that it helped me value team work more, it was also a great job place to meet and talk to new people about their own work experiences.
I think it was easy to work there. I learned the work there was easy to pick up on. I liked the way we had to put the hamburgers on the grill. The way the onions had to soak was neat to learn also.
Pros
learning how to make the hamburgers
Cons
nothing
One of the managers who works there has a major attitude issue and will take all of her issues out on you. The general manager knew what was going on and didn’t do anything.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad attitude manager
There is room for me to move up and they will work with me if I have something come up or need a day off. Everyone is very friendly and its nice to have a friendly environment to work in
Pros
Everyone is very nice
Cons
Have to work woth grease
White Castle is a great job for starters. And if your in school. They flexible wit the hours and you can also work part time. They allow you to eat on break for free as well.
Pros
Easy to work there
Cons
Not really any cons.
Its a good place to be. its good care loving people there to help. you get flexible hours. you get great benefits. you breaks. you get holiday pay. you even get vacations.
They never listen to what a employee says and they are disrespectful and they like to yell and put the works done and tell them they are nothing and that that do everything wrong
Every employee is friendly and willing to help. Everyone is encouraged to put in their best effort. The best part about working here is that the workplace stays clean.
The work was fairly easy, but management often had no clue what was going on. It was an 8.5 hour shift, with two 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute break. Overtime would occur randomly and spur of the moment, depending on if machinery decided to screw up. All machinery is refurbished, and theres only so much maintenance could do to fix that. During tornadoes, we were instructed to keep working. The pay is good. But thats about it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Sudden OT, 8.5 hour shifts, favoritism, benefits are lacking, vacation is low.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Castle. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at White Castle.