White County Medical Center Employee Reviews

We worked hard but it is a fun place to work you really feel that the people there care about each other and help you when you need it
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMay 25, 2019
I worked at white county medical center for around 30 years. I started out at minimum wage but was given the opportunity to advance in the organization. They sent me to several schools and training programs. I was advanced to supervisor. When I was diagnosed with cancer and couldn’t work and had used up all my sick days they hired three part time people to do my job and it was waiting for me when I was well enough to resume my duties. Sorry to say that when my cancer returned two more times I had to leave my position but it was my choice. White county medical center is a wonderful place to work and they do their best to take care of their employees!! I will always be loyal to white county medical center!!!!!
Pros
If you work hard there is room for advancement.
Cons
It is growing to the point that you hardly know anyone!!
Great nurses
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 25, 2019
Learned a lot and seen a lot while being here. The job was strenuous and back breaking but the floor i worked on had a great team, and i loved each and every one of my coworkers.
Pros
good food
Cons
not enough aides on one floor
Great place to work.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AR 72143November 7, 2018
Loved my job, worked there for 7 years. The supervisors were very helpful and professional and upper management was fair. The hours were good and paid time off was good.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
not a good place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 25, 2018
Management takes care of their self don't care about staff. Insurance is high. Always feel like they are trying to get rid of you. no job security. Keep hearing be careful what you say or you gone.
Worst place ever!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJuly 18, 2018
I scheduled two month in advance to be off work for my sons surgery and they scheduled me anyway causing me to call in multiple times. They threatened to fire me so I quit!
Working with People
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 19, 2018
Always enjoyed working with my co-workers and helping people. My director was always easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was seeing sick children.
Pros
Enjoyable work enviornment
Cons
hours
Stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 15, 2018
Was an overall pretty good place to work. made a lot of life long friends working there. it was indeed very stressful working there. especially when they would discharge a lot of rooms and you had to hurry and clean them because they had patients from the ER waiting for them. you meet a lot of the people in the community there. you see a lot of births and deaths. I grew up a lot working there. I became a strong and independent woman there.
Pros
health insurance, paid time off
Cons
stressful and fast paced
I love working for White County Medical Center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARDecember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working at White County Hospital. The benefits were awesome. Everyone Was very friendly. The pay was decent and I learned a lot working here.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARDecember 1, 2017
They wer shoet handed pulling people off, there jobs just to fill positions, cuttings. People cutting work, not enough ppl, to work, less aids, on floors.
Monotonous work and poor management
Worker 2, Dietary (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARNovember 22, 2017
The job is easy enough if a little boring. People and supervisors are fine. The manager plays favorites a lot so you have to make her like you or else nothing will get done if you have a problem. If they got a new manager the job would be fine
Pros
Easy money
Cons
No advancement opportunities and poor manager
Fast paced
Staff RN in Emergency (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 25, 2017
Never knew what type patient you would come in contact with, so many different illness/conditions/situations. Worked with physicians, other departments, EMS.
Pros
Experience in all sorts of situations
Cons
High turn over for management while I was there
Central Arkansas Hospital (phlebotomist)
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 18, 2017
This is where my phlebotomy experience started and I loved my supervisor for all that she taught me. I enjoyed learning through her hands on experience.
Pros
My supervisor was great.
Cons
Upper Management
Unorganized and Stressful
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARAugust 4, 2017
While the majority of the people working here are very hardworking and dedicated to patient care, there are those that slack off and cause problems. The immediate management of the lab is not very organized or involved which causes stress and disorder on the employees.
patient relationships best part of job
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 8, 2017
I could recommend WCMC
good benefits.
culture varies from office to office.
communication needs to be improved. management seemed to be good. positions other than MDs need to be appreciated and work to keep. patient satisfaction would be improved if there experience was positive from every contact they had while getting health care. morale would be better if pay was better is what I heard over and over from other employees. they did not feel appreciate due to lack of pay increases.
benefits
Cons
communication poor. morale suffered.
Secure position with friendly and helpful coworkers.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMay 7, 2017
White County Medical center was overall an excellent place to work. I was treated respectfully and as an equal, even as an intern. I would recommend White County Medical Center as a place of employment.
Great coworkers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 17, 2017
I worked on a floor where I was able to learn a lot from my coworkers. They provided great insight and were willing to assist when needed. My skills as a nurse grew tremendously while employed there.
Fast-Paced Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 6, 2017
There was never a dull moment for me in the surgery department. It was an exciting place to work; however I learned very quickly that it was not the right working environment for me. I highly recommend extensive medical-surgical floor experience before entering a discipline such as perioperative nursing. You definitely need well-honed assessment skills, which, unless you are a nursing prodigy, you will not have fresh out of nursing school. Perioperative nursing is not for the faint of heart.
Pros
A great learning experience.
Cons
Too fast-paced for me.
Employees
Dietary Worker (Current Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 15, 2015
They have a variety of jobs that people can work and job security. My typical day is monatanous and never changes. The only thing that changes is the attitudes of my co workers.
Pros
dietary gets free lunch, everyone gets variety of insurance choices, retirement plan
Cons
No chance of moving up in my department
Hard work
CSA (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARAugust 10, 2015
A very hard job with low pay. It there is room for more hours if needed. Make sure this is what you want to do before you begin the job.
Productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 23, 2015
Was a good place to work and everyone was very happy and accepting. I always enjoyed going to work and seeing everyone I worked with.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Heavy lifting