I think the brand needs to stop giving discounts so often as this only makes it easier for customers to come to the store for price adjustments a week after they paid full-price thus discouraging them from buying merchandise at full-price. Some of their jacket styles are repetitive, same for tops and blouses. Their future is already happening: they are closing stores, moving towards e-commerce but the main problem still remains: constantly offering price reductions and not innovating their design. The result: customers can predict the brand and the brand becomes less desirable. It is becoming a warehouse instead of a boutique, to be perfectly blunt.
Alot of stores are going to close because of the style of clothing. They need to make the clothing more modern and contemporary. No one is interested in unflattering and outdated designs. They keep making flashy colors and designs that dont end up selling, even when they're on sale. Go back to the black and white basics, with a clean and simple design.
I believe internet sales make it harder for retail stores to do well.
They need to go back to the basics. Classic style. Less colors and slow down with the constant markdowns. It gives the store more of an outlook look. Yet they want us to win in ADS it’s a challenge when more of our customers are becoming sales driven (thrifty shoppers) It sends too many mixed signals with constant price points all over the place. Organization is key and they have much improvement that could be made.
The future for White House Black Market is excellent. They have expanded their petites and plus sizes and have broaden their customer base. They have also expanded into over sees orders and have opened stores in Canada.
NA Allegations of illegal activity - this is not a forum for reporting crimes
- How many hours per week?13 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at White House Black Market?11 people answered
- What is the interview process like at White House Black Market?9 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at White House Black Market?9 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make White House Black Market a better place to work?8 people answered
- What is WHBMs dress code for employees.? What is appropriate interview outfit?8 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at White House Black Market?6 people answered
- Is it based on commission ?6 people answered
- What is White House Black Market sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?6 people answered
- What benefits does White House Black Market offer?6 people answered