White House Black Market Employee Reviews

entertaining place to work but I was only able to work as a seasonal employee
Sales assosiate (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 25, 2018
my typical day included greeting customers and informing them abouth our promotions, give fashion advice, suggesting card gifts during the holiday season, some cash register experience
Great place to start
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2018
This was my first job in a form of management. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to become a Sales Lead at WHBM.
I enjoyed the high energy to sell a garment and the excitement around the possibility of a small commission. I learned how to show my personality and gained the confidence in my abilities to wardrobe a customer desiring quality merchandise.
Pros
fun environment, love the clothes!
Cons
coupon policy was always up for debate
fun place to work if you like clothe
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2018
White House Black market is fun but the dm and RM expect so much from you and you need to like numbers if you are going to be in a managment position.
Pros
discount
Cons
incentive program
great job!
Store Manager/Co-Manager/Visual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 19, 2018
A great company to work for, empowers women, really enjoyed the travel and fast pace, the clothing discount and make women feel beautiful motto and LOVED job!
its was a very fast paced setting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2018
I would arrive and clock in and start open up freight. steam the clothes and hang them as well. we would do markdown on some days too. replenishing was also part of it too.
Work place culture
SALES ASSOCIATE/PERSONAL STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
Learned how to work in a commission based environment and how to maximize sales
coworkers are helping and super friendly
it has a narrow span of management
Flexible hours, good commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 8, 2018
If you are good at sales, the commission rate is pretty high. There are "soft" sales goals but managers do push you to do better. Retail often has high turnover
A competitive, yet, exciting work atmosphere!
Personal Stylist; Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85226May 8, 2018
White House Black Market was my first career! I really enjoyed working with the customers and coworkers. I do truly miss it! A recommendable job for sure!
Pros
People, Hourly Pay, Work Atmosphere, Customer Adovacates
Cons
Competitiveness
Encouraging and helpful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 8, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of meeting with any manager that was on the sales floor at that time I order for them to tell you how much money has been spent so far day, what the store's total monetary goal is for the day, and what my responsibilities are for that day. It was a great learning experience for me in the sense that I got to work with a team and understand what a work environment entails. The hardest part of the job was not knowing how many hours and what specific days I would work in a particular week. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the opportunity to interact and assist several customers throughout the day.
Great local team
Senior Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 4, 2018
Pros: The local team was wonderful and the work life balance was pretty good. I could work full-time while caring for my family and attending college part-time.
Cons: The district leadership was very out-of-touch with the local clientele and the best way to meet their needs.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Inexperienced district management
I love what I do some days are busy some are slow
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 3, 2018
Hours are set if you work morning to afternoon you are responsible for current shipment any shipment that needs to go out, bank deposit, opening store. Anything that needs to be addressed during shift. Pretty much the same at night much slower business but finish up any projects that were not finished during the day, help all customers, close the store safely and correctly
Pros
Love working with people
Cons
Sometime limited time to sell
The work environment was competitive and fun. I enjoyed working there
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 3, 2018
The experience i gained over the seven years i worked there was amazing. Im trully happy to have worked there. I will use all my acquired skills on my future employment and continue to grow as a manager and leader of any company i work for
Pros
Great management and sales bonus
Cons
Hard to take a break when busy
Prejudice managers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 1, 2018
If you were not one of the managers personal hires or friends, they did not treat the same. I then had a manager, without my consent demote me so I could not collect my commission for my sales. Also, the managers would ignore certain customers for others if they were of a different race.
Busy place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 30, 2018
WHBM is a busy store to work in. If you can't move quickly and have the product knowledge to make your life easier this isn't the place for you. If you'd like to work there and not deal with people apply for a support position.
Relaxed, Upscale work environment that carters to a mature audience
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSApril 25, 2018
White House Black Market is an exciting work place. I have the chance to present amazing leadership skills and work well with others. In the retail world, providing quality customer service and maintaining and upholding company's standards is mandatory to excel.
fun
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 20, 2018
It is fun to work here because you get to dress people up and show your love for fashion but we got no more than 12 hours a week if we were lucky. we got no benefits what so ever and over hired people.
Pros
dress up, fun, coworkers become close
Cons
work hours, no benefits
White House and Black Market
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 18, 2018
It was a high level customer service. I organized and stockroom and accessories. I had to make sure customers come first and also do the best for my customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 17, 2018
There us always work to be done, whether that be steaming clothes, cleaning, hanging, helping customers, styling and other busy tasks. These tasks helped the time go by.
Pros
discounts trying on clothes
excellent sales/marketing/visuals
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 14, 2018
I loved working with customers, training all associates. I learned a lot from others that worked there in sales. My strengths there were all visual merchandising, hiring and training staff.
Wonderful Place To Work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 9, 2018
Don;t have much to say but this pace is wonderful. I recommend this job to every and anyone. The best part helping the guest find their wardrobe. That's just absolutely perfect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight