White House Black Market Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Workplace culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 15, 2018
Working for a company that knows how to be successful and challenged us to be innovator of the business by letting us build a
relationship with our customer which was the foundation.
Its a good job with terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Was guaranteed a promotion and hired from an outside sourse with no warning. A ton of meeting, the style of management changes a long with how the store is run day to day
productive and fun workplace
Stylist/Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
i enjoy learning about customer feel and need in order to deliver the best of service on both the sales floor and the fitting room, showing them how to wear the merchandise and making sure that their expeirence in the store was a great one.
Pros
30 min breaks, great staff, management
Stress no organization
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 10, 2018
Poor management training. Constant micro managing, cancel meetings/ conference calls weekly. Customer service can’t be of service with new locate system in place. No upper management support Whatsoever!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, pay, scheduling, roles
Fun Place to Work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 9, 2018
Retai is retail and as long as you go into the position with that mind set, you will have a good time with the upscale customers. Great opportunity to build clientel if choose.
Pros
People Who Word for Chico's Inc.
Cons
Pay
Tustin - Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 7, 2018
Production environment, busy, tremendous amount of responsibility. I learned to think quick on the job.
The hardest part was the night time hours.
The most enjoyable part was the customers, selling, creating displays.
Pros
Pay, health benefits
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Visual Manager, daily functions
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 5, 2018
The daily functions were fairly simple. You clock in, verify fund, throw trash, clean and fill the sales floor.

Make visual moves as corporate directed.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 5, 2018
I really enjoy my colleagues and we have wonderful customers. Quality of clothing is outstanding and our management team is wonderful. Great place to go to work.
It was fun to worked here . Great team ! Awesome líder !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2018
I had the blessing of meeting the most caring and sweet store manager in the world ! She is an example for every women on this position ! She is detailed , she was involved in everything and always willing to help .
Pros
You are always busy. New items every week
Cons
Short time to meet your goals.
Started out as a fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 29, 2018
The best part was talking with the customer's about what they are looking for in outfits. Choosing the correct fit, colors and outfits for the work place, special occasion, and casual wear.
Pros
Receiving discounts, so that you are able to purchase clothes to wear during your work schdule.
Cons
Working every weekend and Hoildays
Working at White House Black Market
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 25, 2018
I worked for this company when I was in highschool. While working there the management was desperate to meet their daily goals meaning you'd have to double your sales in order for them to meet theres. they'd pretty much ask you to follow customers around the entire time they shopped.
Productive and fun place to work!
Stylist/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 22, 2018
As a stylist, this was a complete playground for me! I loved being able to help my clients and share my fashion knowledge, giving them the ultimate shopping experience.
Pros
Great bonus opportunities
Cons
Marketing calls, dress code is a little bland
Very high paced atmosphere, hard to have a life outside of career.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 21, 2018
Very high paced environment, steady customer interaction for the most part. From the moment the customer walks in the door the FL is expected to find out why the customer is in store so you can start pulling clothes to increase chances of converting them to paying customer. Training is bare minimum- you either get it or you don’t. They instead drill the monthly sales goals in your face daily, hourly- and the bonus incentive if the Sales goals are met is minimum. Managers have no problem scheduling employees for 7-10 days straight, not realizing this burns out the employee. WHBM is a very give me, give me, give me more store- it would be nice if they could appreciate their employees more so as a whole. I enjoy the women I work with, however it’s obvious who is a hard worker and who cruises by in their shifts and stays on board to reap the benefits of the clothing.
Pros
Discount, Staff
Cons
Retail hours, close then open shifts (multiple) short lunch-breaks, bonus structure, management interaction, organization
A goof place to pick up workplace skills and experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 19, 2018
WHBM provided the environment to develop customer service and team membership workplace skills. Learning to communicate better with coworkers and customers was an essential part of this workplace.
The most difficult part of this job was not feeling fully supported by the store manager when it came to particularly difficult and rude customers. The store manager was not very supportive of the lower sales staff. Also, she tended to play games,
Loved this job
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2018
I loved this job but sadly wasn’t able to stay due to a family emergency . The pay was great for the responsibilities and co-workers were really relaxed and fun to work with
Fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809June 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time with WHBM I had a great team, the job has an odd commission structure but it adds up. The only thing I had an issue with was employees stealing my sales therefore stealing my commission and hurting my numbers. Getting high numbers gives you more hours to work and make more money so it is a big deal. I told management but they really couldn't do anything about it except talk to the employee about integrity. The discount is okay its 40% with a couple times a year its 65% and some times it'll be 50% but the clothes are still expensive regardless and the dress code is kind of hard.
Fun workplace with the right team
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 12, 2018
Company is incredibly stingy when it comes to hourly wage/salary. A lot of work for a small salary; they expect you to go above and beyond, but refuse to compensate you. Seems to be worse the longer you have worked for the company.
Pros
Ability to bonus
Cons
Poor salary
Cool Job
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 6, 2018
NA
The interviewer is looking for similar things whether asking about company or position. The hiring manager wants to: Learn about your career goals and how this position fits into your plan.
Floor changes/ after hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 5, 2018
If you work in WHBM be prepared to steam alot and stay after hours (10pm - 1am) for floor set changes. Shipments are required to be unboxed and steam within the day.
Pros
bonus when selling
Cons
many tasks to complete in little hours
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJune 5, 2018
this store is nice and the mangers are really nice and they work with you to understand the store the workplace is really relaxed but does get busy and Make those sales
Pros
great environment
Cons
needs to pay more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss