White House Black Market Employee Reviews

Amazing customers.
Assistant Manager/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 13, 2018
The interaction with customers makes this a good place to work.
If you want to succeed, you must be very aggressive. It is easy to be overlooked if you do not speak up.
fun and productive environment, always positive and uplifting
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 9, 2018
Strong support by the store manager for my personal career development, always encouraging me to learn as much as possible. Supports me in whatever I want to do within the company.
Pros
flexible schedules
awesome management great environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 7, 2018
typical day would be training new employees and teaching them how to handle customers. employees had great work ethics and were super positive. the most enjoyable part for me was someone who was really interested in what they wanted to do, we have limited customers but the ones we do have are loyal so understanding them what they like, them trying new things, helping them step out of there comfort zone and actually loving what we have provided them is amazing, they gain this new confidence which gives us more confidence.
Pros
great place and work ethics
Cons
limited customers
Productive and great place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2018
White House Black Market is a great company to work for! Great atmosphere, awesome co workers and mature customers. They have a great management team!
Pros
Great incentives!
Management Conflicts
Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 5, 2018
I worked as a Sales Lead in-store. While I really loved my immediate in-store Manager, there were a lot of problems with the District manager in regards to communication. There is a severe disconnect between the store and upper-level management.
fighting e-commerce hard and failing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 5, 2018
Brick and mortar retail stores are dying under e-commerce and online returns go against the stores daily numbers, under high pressure from corporate. It's like failing every day and theres little to be done about it.
great place to work
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 29, 2018
It's great place to work the only thing i not like is the selling pieces it's very cut throat and the onlines returns goes against daily sales goal i hope they changes that.
Pros
great discount
Cons
selling
Rewarding job where I enjoyed making women feel beatiful.
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2018
This was an incredibly rewarding job where I had the freedom to use my own personality to be the best that I could be. People who are hired from outside seem to be compensated much better than people who are promoted from within.
Unfair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 15, 2018
White House black market is a good company but the the Cabazon location is not. They take your clients and sales and are unfair to employees. They give most of the hours to those they favorite.
Cons
Favoritism
Its okay
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
Its an okay job. The company wants you to do things a certain way and sometimes it doesn't always work. If you're an introvert type of person this is not the job for you. There are calling lists almost every week to call customers to get them in to drive sales. You have to email people all the time to let them know of certain events and new collections coming out. Its just a lot of work ontop of selling. Some customers think they're above the company so it's hard to work with them. Sometimes it can be fun though by helping someone find an outfit for events. Numbers are a huge thing in this company so be prepared to get hounded on making numbers for sales and appointments. If you do this job dont let management run you over.
Pros
Discount, people you work with, some customers
Cons
Pressured to reach numbers, long hours sometimes, crazy customers
Competitive work environment with average compensation.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOAugust 5, 2018
Overall, not a bad company to work for but sometimes put too much emphasis on the bottom line rather than developing their employees to be able to make significant contributions to reach both personal and store goals. Very competitive work culture due to commission-based pay schedule.
Pros
employee discount on clothes
Cons
always had to buy a piece of clothing in the "color of the month", could never wear that piece again at work after the color would change
quick-aced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed working here because it was at the time a new job for me in the galleria. my first grown-ish job however, the managers there weren't the best and often required me to take on more responsibility to make up for my lacking co-workers. I was hired as a cashier so already my job was considered part time but they wanted me to do the job specifications of a stylist?? No thanks not unless I was getting paid as a stylist and I wasn't. Also, they weren't respectful of my time as I didn't have a vehicle and relied on public transportation and would keep me past the hours making me often miss my bus or come home super late just to be out early for the following day
Motivated Sales Lead and an independent worker with high energy and great communication skills, reliable and friendly.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2018
As a sales lead/ associate I was responsible of opening cash registers in the morning, meeting the coustomers who walk through the door and helping them in every way I could being my first priority. This means finding the perfect outfit for them, or even customer ordering whatever meets their needs. Making sure on merchandise was stock, marketing campaign for our regular promotion or special deals. This was part of my daily work day. In the evenings I would balance the cash registers and make sure the store was ready for the next day.
Pros
Loved working there
Cons
Since I moved I had to quit
stressful
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GA 30188August 3, 2018
It was fun working for this company at first, and then the longer I was there the more stressful it became. I did not enjoy my time with this company and the way they handle things.
Upscale botique
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2018
White house black market was an upscale botique with a good following many return customers that would rerwpect your assistance and purchase per your recomdations. Merchandising was key to success. I was able to recruit wonderful employees that shared athe same vision for success
Pros
Respect for success
Cons
As with most retail, Sacrifice family for holiday work
I love my co workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 25, 2018
Work start of very busy some days and some days it do not i begin by making sure all of our customers are being looked after. i have learned that it really is a such thing of coworkers getting along and being there or each other my management team is the best they provide us with a family like setting and let us know that our life outside of work matter also.the best part of my job is the customer leaving with a good experience
Pros
team work
Cons
pay rate
worst place ever
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
the company is great for customers, terrible for employees. management never trained employees, showed up to work on time, respected employee availability.
This company was very goal oriented and fun.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 22, 2018
A typical work day at White House Black Market begins with conference calls about the company's sales goals for the day, marketing strategies, sales promotions, and recognition of the top performers. I learned how to build a rapport with people from all walks of life, build confidence in and motivate the employees. I also learned how to actively listen to other people's concerns, be more self aware and I learned that there is always something to learn. It was always rewarding to witness the employees that I managed do well in their sales goals. The work environment was like a home away from home. There was an beautiful comradery among the employees, as everyone got along very well. I can't ever recall any contentious episodes amongst the employees I would say the challenging part of the job was trying to meet my sales goals when the store traffic was very slow or non-existent. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to inspire and motivate others, trying on the clothes, and multitasking.
nice people and fun job, not so good pay
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 22, 2018
The people were nice to work with, however the pay was very low. We were expected to style people and try to up sell products but didn't make much on the "bonus" that we received for selling. I was offered a sales lead position but only a 10% increase in pay for management responsibilities. I couldn't pay my bills and I was basically living paycheck to paycheck.
Pros
nice people, fun job
Cons
pay is very low
Great atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
Really enjoyed the area and women I worked with. Our store was very nice, but fitting room was too small, no place to process stock, no eating area and our restroom was also a stock room.
Pros
Discounts on beautiful clothes. Great co-workers & clients. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Low salary, small fitting room area, very seldom able to eat lunch, taken for granted, high expectations in my position, not existent eating area, restroom was also a stock room, very small pips to equip our inventory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight