White House Black Market Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for moving up
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 23, 2019
I worked for the company for 6 years and was able to move up thanks to great management. Once the management team changed, there was opportunity within my store location. Great mentoring and chance to coach to my team's strengths and weaknesses.
Great company to work for, bad location
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 21, 2019
The company and everything it stands for is great. The pitch and sales approach is the most relaxed of any store I’ve worked for and it works. Customers love the relaxed environment and having casual conversations with employees. As a stylist at this location I believe most would enjoy it. For management positions, I would advise going to another location where management is professional and is willing to go above and beyond to be successful.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, management
Dishonest and Unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 15, 2019
The worst place for work. They waist your time for one month to tell you when you can start as a trainee. Then, they will not pay you for hours that you worked for them as a trainee. They have the most unorganized schedule. Manager and assistant managers change the schedules when you are not there and expect you be there tomorrow. 20 people work in a small spot, so you won’t have enough hours there. For 2 weeks I had 12 hours there and that was hilarious. They don’t care if you need pay rent or you have children or tuition. They give you 40 percent off on regular prices and make you purchase and wear at work. About the commission, they lie and lie and lie. Never think about working there if you wanna have one job. Working in that place is good for old women who like their products as a hobby to use that 40 percent off.
Cons
10 minutes for 6 hours working very hard
Fun boutique
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 12, 2019
This company is well-ran and is your typical retail store and that is evident in the structure of the job and expectations. I enjoyed working here but I would have liked to be able to give my opinion and input on designs and how they are received by our demographic.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Repetitive color palettes
Was an Ok job
Readyfitgo Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 12, 2019
A typical day at work at White House Black Market is basically just standing praying a customer would come in. The customer service there is horrible and the management team is just as horrible. I learned that not all managers have the mindset to be able to run a little boutique despite their title. They do not care about the clients or the employees. The hardest part is showing up because time goes by slow when you're in a depressing environment and I would not be surprised if people stopped shopping there. The most enjoyable part is my lunch break, but if you wanted to get a snack, be prepared to come back within 10 minutes or else they will freak out. If a manager takes a break she will do it for an hour and the employees can't even have a 15-minute break.
workplace environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 10, 2019
Although I truly learned a lot from working for this company on how to push for sales, I didn't feel as if there was much room for growth at all. The work environment overall was definitely great but the pay was not.
Everyday was a new, fresh day to work and hit targets.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 7, 2019
Working at WHBM was a completely different role for me as I had never worked in retail before. I found the training was a bit inconsistent and it was more of an exercise in learning how to work under each manager - training was split across managers. I enjoyed working with our clients on a daily basis - the most enjoyable part of my job was trying to "outfit" a client for a particular need - whether it be for one evening or a trip across multiple days. I love trying to understand what the clients wants / needs, and then figuring out how to meet those needs. The hardest part of the job was working with senior management in terms of what the Company was promoting verses what our Store Manager was targeting.
Pros
Employee DIscount
Great Place for Starting in Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 7, 2019
The company as a whole is great to work for. My district had some kinks to work through but overall after a change in management, but overall it was a great learning experience and taught me the world of sales and retail.
I loved this job but it was time to leave
Stylist/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 6, 2019
This is one of the best jobs you could have. The staff is super friendly (can judge you sometimes). They like to hire new people and give your hours away. Any days you request off you can get off
Pros
flexible hours and scheduling
Cons
not a judge free zone
It sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 4, 2019
If you dont sell you dont work, if your dont work you dont sell. Dont plan on having this as a permanent job but also dont get another job while working here either the hours wont allow it if you get any
Enjoyed My Time There
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAFebruary 20, 2019
I really did enjoy working at White House Black Market. All the ladies at my location were great to work with and we all got along. The general manager is an amazing lady and easy to work for. Only problem I had is that my schedule never followed my actual availability which kinda made school hard and was laughed at when I told the managers I was falling behind because of the scheduling conflicts. BUT other than there was absolutely no problems and working there as fun.
Pros
great co-workers, awesome manager
Cons
schedules outside availability
awesome
Lead Stylist Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2019
nice place to work PERIOD. great atmosphere coworkers and managers all get along, customers come in to spend a lot and are always friendly never a dull day at work.
It's like being the only adult at a high school
Lead Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2019
None of the leads behaved like leads. No one, including management came to work on time. Everyone talked behind everyone else's backs. No one was accountable for their behavior. I won't say that everyday was bad, we did have some good days, but they didn't balance out. The stylists tend to be these self-involved, can't live without their phones, always bringing personal business into work with them people who will occasionally look up and notice that there's a business going on around them. When you really see them on top of their game is when someone from corporate is on the way.
Pros
When the manager was there things were great
Cons
Everything else
Standard retail position
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 16, 2019
The position is pretty standard for a small retail environment. Not fully staffed, low paying, no sales incentives but are required to meet certain sales standards and quotas.
Cons
No set schedule
Not too bad for a store
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Come on, this is retail, doesn´t matter if the store is high end or not they are all of the same: Lot's of work, lousy pay.
Horrific company culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2019
No work/life balance. No appreciation for talent or hard work. Terrible pay and bonus structure. Aggressive sales tactics that are detrimental to company success. Underhanded management practices. Extremely toxic company and work environment. Customers receive a better discount on clothing than employees. Run from this company and do yourself a favor by working literally anywhere else.
Pros
The jeans are nice.
Cons
Everything else.
Very professional work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 4, 2019
I appreciate how the company prides itself on how the employees should dress for work and assist the customers. WE provide a personal shopping experience for our customers to ensure that all of their needs have been met.
seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MDFebruary 4, 2019
My first job, I was hired seasonally. A nice company to work for. It is an upscale boutique so it helped develop customer service skills as well as my once poor social skills
Chico's FAS
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2019
It's a sales driven job. You make commission so you work hard. It can get a little cut-throat but overall it's a fun job of dressing people up and making them feel beautiful. It's hard to get promoted though, especially if everyone on the team is determined to move up. Positions are limited. The company cares about it's employees.
team oriented working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 29, 2019
This company is known for its hard workers, dedicated professionals, whom always put the customer first. Every day is filled with a motivation, and is lead in a team oriented environment.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss