White House Black Market Employee Reviews

Love my job love what i do.
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2019
I was told I was going to get an interview twice for asm and never got an interview. Store manager makes very poor promotion decisions, she would rather hire someone from a grocery store that has never worked in retail before for the asm position than promote someone that is ready to turn the store around and make it better. Still work here and very upset with my place.
Pros
Customer are amazing
Cons
Store manager
Not a place for advancement or growth
Raw Materials Development Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Poor management , lack of respect to others and there knowledge of the business. No proper training offered or any sense of growth opportunities , lack of team work.
Fast pace and customer relations
Stylist/Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Place of work when having good social background. Must be very outgoing, creative, and responsible. Fast pace environment with loyal customers. If you're great at keeping up with customer needs/ request and constant follow up on customers, then the job is great for you. Commission is involved, so the more and better you reach out to customers, the better you rise in the company. Management is great at making accommodations for you, but schedule is made in advanced to confirm work days. Most enjoyable part was being able to style the customers and get loyal customers to make appointments for styling and for events when needed.
Pros
relations, commission, good management
Cons
Hard to change schedule, fast pace
Fun job with a great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 4, 2019
The team all get along, and the atmosphere is fun, and the clients love this. The clothes are fabulous, and the sales are incredible. Great location. My Manager is awesome, as are my colleagues, and I learn something from each of them,
Pros
Great environment, and location
Cons
pay
I Love Working Here I Get A Piece Of Mind
Support Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 3, 2019
The People Amazing If You Work Here You Would See How Working Here You Can Achieve So Many Things You Want Too Theres So Many Different And New Opportunities Its Amazing
Fun and fast pace working environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 1, 2019
I enjoy working here because of the flexible hours and communication is very important to the management and other employees. Typical hours are between 5-8 shifts
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Shorter breaks
Great Part Time Work
SALES LEAD/STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working for WHBM, but there seems to be too much politics involved in advancement. Employee discount was decent. Flexible scheduling. A great part time job but I don't recommend it full time.
Pros
flexible
Cons
advancement
great place and atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 27, 2018
the ceo really cares about their employees , I would recommend this company for people right out of college or a part time mom that can do a little bit of independence for their own self.
commission based
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  new jerseyDecember 10, 2018
I was not happy with the company , your hard work was not appreciated , just more to be expected , unrealistic goals without the support of payroll.
Great Company with room for growth
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2018
Such a great company!!! Fun to work for and a very positive workplace with fun employees. Plenty of room for growth upon proper training and performance.
Did not like the overall job culture
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2018
I love customer service but felt very overwhelmed with the high pressure strategy that was REQUIRED by a script type approach that was mandatory to use on all customers
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Exploring the latest fashion for every women and every type
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 27, 2018
Managed opening and closing the store, maintain store's daily goals, changed floor sets and window displays, provided clients with wardrobe selections, capture e-mails from clients, e-mailed District Manager daily with store's status, implemented new markdowns, handled export and import shipping. Trained and coached sales associates in the use of cash register, store policies, wardrobe accessorizing and assigning employee's daily tasks
Pros
leadership role, and building personal realtionships
Cons
Communication with bosses, and working weekend
productivity
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 27, 2018
White House Black Market
Maintained established merchandising standards, including window, sales floor and promotional display.
Welcomed customers into the store and helped them locate items.
Completed all point of sale opening and closing procedures, including counting the contents of the cash
register.
Fashion lovers
Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MANovember 26, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy styling the client! Staff was cooperative, nice, and nice to work with. I would recommend this job as a part time job or a second job!
Pros
discount, flexible schedule
Cons
short break, benefits
White House Black Market
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYNovember 22, 2018
I felt that the opportunity for growth was lacking. Due to this, I left for better opportunity and better compensation within the same industry type. I felt that similar employers in the same industry offered better compensation and opportunity.
Great management! Enjoyed getting to know
Newport Beach - Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 17, 2018
I’m a people person so loved the strong customer service aspect of this job (even became close friends with some) goal oriented company which I love. Management awesome in my district.
Fun work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 16, 2018
Easy entry level job
Very much like high school the gossiping
Favoritism
Not many hours
I worked here just to get out of the house and for extra pocket change. It was fun working with customers. If you need a job to pay bills or support a family, this isn't it
Fun to work there, could be a little competitive
Key holder (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 15, 2018
White House Black Market is a great company to work for overall, It could be a very Competitive environment to work, flexible hours,amazing co-workers.
Pros
Lovely people, amazing co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours, the paid is not standard living.
Low traffic location. Not enough customers to keep busy.
Sales, National up-scale woman's apparel retailer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNNovember 12, 2018
Their hourly rate is low, saying that bonus money compensates. However, their bonus system (including their ability to take back money if there's a return) is not very lucrative. Management should be trained more professionally to ensure everyone is on the same page for store management. On the flip side, it's a fun job to help women find clothes they look and feel good wearing. I met many good women in this role.
It was a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2018
The pay was decent. Most of the staff got along and respected each other. The clothes in my opinion are of good quality for their prices. Honestly my only problem with the company was the manager of the store I worked for.She wasn't the best boss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight