White House Black Market

White House Black Market Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews
Very friendly, relaxed pace type of job until it does get busy and you kind of run around, see if customers are okay but yet again not try to be so annoying with them. During the weekdays it is chill and pretty slow at times.
my shifts flyby meaning I enjoy the time there, achieving customer needs is a must, the mgr in my location are the most caring and professional ones I've had in a while,my peers seem knowledgeable,
Pros
work culture, atmosphere, empowerment
Cons
breaks are shorter than other places
Team work .
My typical day at work is when we cant reach the goal for the store.

work place culture very friendly Atmosphere.

I don't consider my job hard in any way.

I enjoy working with my Managers and colleague on a daily basic.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I sell lots of my Product on a daily basics.
Pros
No free lunches.
Cons
Managers are flexible to work with.
The worst place for work. They waist your time for one month to tell you when you can start as a trainee. Then, they will not pay you for hours that you worked for them as a trainee. They have the most unorganized schedule. Manager and assistant managers change the schedules when you are not there and expect you be there tomorrow. 20 people work in a small spot, so you won’t have enough hours there. For 2 weeks I had 12 hours there and that was hilarious. They don’t care if you need pay rent or you have children or tuition. They give you 40 percent off on regular prices and make you purchase and wear at work. About the commission, they lie and lie and lie. Never think about working there if you wanna have one job. Working in that place is good for old women who like their products as a hobby to use that 40 percent off.
Cons
10 minutes for 6 hours working very hard
White House Black Market is a fun fast-paced store.

It is a place where sophisticated ladies, primarily business owners and high-level executives shop.

These ladies typically come in to shop for special occasions, for example big meetings, weddings, receptions, fund raising etc. They come in to be styled and are typically in a hurry.

Since these ladies are usually in a hurry, we typically have to work very fast to make sure they have all the options and styles that will work for them.

The management team is small, but resourceful and help the associates out as much as possible for maximum sales per customer.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate or unhappy customers which there are few. The most fun part of the job is seeing women feel confident in their new wardrobes.
Pros
Fun, fast-fast paced work environment
Cons
The job can be extremley exausting during holiday seasons
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It was a fun place to work at.
Prepare items for display, clean, receive merchandise and process online orders. Welcome customers, assistant customers with purchases and ring them up at register.
The typical day was very busy and fast pace, I learned how to give great customer service. Management was great, and hardest part was leaving. The enjoyable part was to see customer very happy.
The store manager at the Mont Mall store is WONDERFUL!!! There is some disorganization at times, however; for the most part it's a nice store to work.
Pros
Flexible hours and location
Cons
Low pay, staff is catty at times and uncooperative
A typical day at work is help walk-in customers and give them great customer service.

I learned to use the cashier system and also anything that has to do with retail.

The hardest part of the job is to let them know about their returns.
Pros
lunch depends on how long you work.
A typical day at work consists of building relationships with our customer in order to sell. WHBM is different than any other retail store because we are not just selling a product but investing our time in each customer as stylists. And because of that a great sense of fashion is required and a great personality. Often times, customers enjoy their time there simply because of the time we invest on them. Though sometimes it can be annoying because it seems sort of pushy from us towards our customers. It can be quite stressful because management is so focused in reaching their daily goals no matter what.
Depending on the existing store manager the job could be rewarding with a good work life balance. Certain managers would or could not manage and didn't feel the need to support the store
Pros
Stability
Cons
Other staff was part time and not committed to success
I feel this company is outstanding and a great place to work.
My co-workers and clients are easy to work with and make my job enjoyable every day.

The most enjoyable part of my job is wardrobing my clients and making their experience a great one!
I love the new program we just rolled out 'Feel Beautiful' program. It is geared towards making our clients have an exceptional experience in the stores. My clients really make my job pleasurable.
Would never work for the outlet side of the business again! Lack of professionalism and terrible work environment.
Pros
Discount and benifits
Cons
Pay and Management
i worked with them for a couple of months and they are horrible payers and you barely get any pay
White House Black Market is a boutique clothing store that caters to the new businesswoman.

A woman who is at work, on the go and needs clothing that can typically go from work to PTA meetings to evenings out with a partner.

White House Black Market markets it's products generally to women between the ages of 35-55.

It's a fun place to work if you love fashion and making women feel absolutely beautiful.
Pros
there are bonuses once you exceed a certain number in sales, and you get to see women feel good about themselves, more confident and stronger.
Everyone got along, the people I worked with where very nice and understanding. The managers where respectful. Great place if you want to learn how to sell. They do a great job at teaching you pointers on selling the clothes.