White House Black Market Employee Reviews in Fort Myers, FL

Not a place for advancement or growth
Raw Materials Development Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Poor management , lack of respect to others and there knowledge of the business. No proper training offered or any sense of growth opportunities , lack of team work.
Not a place I would want to work again
Assistant Merchant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work wasn't enjoyable, I didn't learn a lot it was mostly lugging samples around all day. The management is like highschool and very catty and immature.
Inconsistent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 10, 2017
Hours vary, Holidays are almost mandatory. The upper management (Store managers, DSM & RSM) is VERY POOR, they lack communication on a major level; and provides no work-life balance. If you're a parent stay away as they actually tend to make you feel bad about being a parent, if you have a sick kid there is no help with covering shifts; no united team. There is no consistency in the stores, its constantly shifting and they tend to bring a lot of drama into the work place. Also, if you earn PTO they force you to use it but on the other hand deny your requests to use it. Upper Management likes to make their own black out dates and not follow the company's black out. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Pros
benefits, discount
Cons
hours, management, training, no work-life balance
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 2, 2017
Good Culture of team work and results oriented. Focused on training and development of great leaders and team.
Great product.
Best quality and design
Great Place to Work
DESIGNER (Wovens) (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 12, 2017
. . . and not just because they had a "Great Place to Work" initiative while I was there! The Corporate Office was full of intelligent, hardworking and talented individuals in every department - people I had/have a lot of respect for. Work/Life balance was the best I've ever experienced in the industry, and (at least from my perspective) there was a great system in place to help you grow towards higher positions - as long as your product was performing well. I've never worked with a better group of people as co-workers, and management was approachable and respectful (I have no idea what kind of pressures a President or VP are under, but they never passed that on to me when in an interaction - which is one of the marks of great leadership) . . .
Wonderful clothing!
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33966September 1, 2016
Enjoyed working at WHBM. Sales associates were friendly and professional. Unfortunately, this company does not value its employees. However, they do offer a good discount to employees.
Good Stepping Stone into Fashion
Global Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 30, 2016
It is very unlikely to see people stay at this company for more than 2-3 years. It has gone through really tough times reinventing the brand and management tends to be extremely indecisive, making people work extremely hard unnecessarily.
Pros
Great Campus
Cons
Poor Decision Making
Good benefits, poor work life balance, poor opportunity for advancement
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 28, 2016
The management micromanages all employees. Employees are not trusted to do their jobs or empowered to make their own decisions. Depending on your job title, work life balance can be very poor. Morale is very poor due to low job security and the lack of empowerment.
Pros
health clinic, gym, on campus cafes
Cons
poor work life balance, poor job security, low opportunity for advancement
Chicos: Work Learn and Grow
Global Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 12, 2016
Great company with talented, fun people, strong values and leadership support.
I have been inspired by the innovation, collaboration and development opportunities made available to me.
Pros and cons are consistent with all retailers I have previously worked for. There are long days, and change is part of the culture.
Hard work and positive attitudes are for the most part rewarded and I am a proud employee.
Beware
Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 19, 2016
Pros - You work in fashion, great benefits, nice people (for the most part), the gym (if you have time to use it).

Cons - Management operates out of fear and constantly changes direction which means you will constantly work late. There are too many leaders on the top which means decisions take a long time to get made leaving little time to execute work. There is an expectation from the top that you answer texts/emails and be available for meetings on weekends.
Very involved with activities and work life balance
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 6, 2015
typical day at work was very intense. generally start out with at least 50 emails and then reviewing garments for fittings. I increased my knowledge in fitting jackets and denim. working on balancing and correcting patterns and using the digitizing machine. my co-workers were very understanding and helpful. WHBM was truly a team playing environment.
Pros
team building events and workshops, benefits
Cons
hours
Fast Paced, Design Environment, Researching and Designing for Upcoming seasons.
Assistant Designer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 15, 2015
Daily Communication Emails with the vendor.
Positive and Happy Team Environment
Designing and Researching for future Seasons Deliveries
Presenting New Ideas and Designs for each Delivery
Working on outfitting while designing with cross functional design teams.
Working on Denim Washes/ Building Wash Ranges
Developing new designs fitting for our customers and their feedback
Developing New Fits to expand our customers Wardrobe.
Working with Trim suppliers on developing specialty trim
Developing and researching into new fabrications
Presenting Product Line to Executive team

Hardest Part of my Job is reworking product designs last min with no directions of where is needed/ wanted to go.

Most Enjoyable part of my Job is having design styles in stores and listening to the customers feedback. Always presents itself with new things to learn and new ways to grow!