White House Black Market Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

bad indeed algothrithm
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 25, 2016
bad indeed algorithm I've never worked at White House Black Market, but oh well I guess I just need to stretch this to 20 words right?
Senior Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2016
Executed all administrative and logistical functions for U.S. Defense Attaché Office Tel Aviv, one of the busiest and the third-largest Defense Attaché Offices in the world in the most highly visible and politically volatile country in the Middle East.
Balanced
Secure Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2015
The work environment is flexible and allows for soldiers to spend time with family. This company has provided a unique opportunity and has allowed me to work on my degree.
Pros
Schedules
Cons
Leadership is all over the place.
U.S. Army
Chief, Recruitment and Assessment Branch (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2015
Amazing opportunity to work with brave and selfless men and women in high stress and rewarding situations. Reliable and well structured organization that values and reward hard work, dedication and excellence.
Resposnible for the continuity of information for the Commander and Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2015
Long hours, responsible to ensure publicly released information from the White House reaches the American public. Ensures continuous communication for the President and Vice President of the United States. Coordinates all communication endeavors for the White House in D.C. and on travel.
Pros
Responsible for ensuring the President and Vice President can communicate with the American Public
Cons
Long hours, low pay, total dedication and sacrifice.
Awesome Assignment
Division Chief, Logistics Planner/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2015
Top notch organization with lots of perks. Directly support the office of the President.

Joint command of the White House Military Office
Pros
Presidential travel
Cons
100% travel
Na
Logistics Analyst, United States Army (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2014
US Army great place to work never a dull day. Room for growth and progression and a place to become a great leader.
Summary
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 4, 2014
IT professional with 15 years of experience in Configuration Management and System Administration.
Very Productive
WAN Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2014
Very fast-paced, entertaining place. Lots of new technology, the hardest part is keeping up with the emerging technology. Management is great, no micromanaging whatsoever.
Cons
An eclectic enviornment with spontanious seasonal beautification
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2013
A typical day at White House Black Market always began with a smile. Something that is easily overlooked but highly under acknowledged, Morning staff meeting of tasks and store objectives and projections. Continued smiles as our store location (Union Station) prepares to open. Business was usually light in the morning as customers await our latest trends. Customer appreciation and satisfaction a must which Management instilled in every sales associate. The hardest part however the most enjoyable part of this job was reaching sales requirements. Reaching out to customers for their continued business and striving for company recognition was personally my goal every day and at the end of my employment I was acknowledged as a top seller and attribute to my team.
Pros
During Christmas Union Station (Washington, DC) is a beautiful place to have employment.
Cons
Continuous flexible work shifts (holidays and weekends)
Challenging but rewarding
Supervisor Network Systems Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2013
WHCA is a fast paced, no time for rest organization. The typical day is not typical at all. We travel with and support the POTUS and WH staff anywhere they go in the world.
The camaraderie and people working at WHCA is what makes it so great. There is a strong sense of pride among us.
The hardest part of this job was leaving due my Army retirement.
It's a secure environment need to know basis. Excellent experience.
Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2013
As an active duty person a typical work day is from five a.m. til about seven p.m. with hour and half lunch.(now retired) Constantly solving problems, troubleshooting IT equipment providing customer service to the Customers. Served as the liaison between the White House Communications Agency and 16 external customer offices for the White House Military Office; interprets customer requirements into technical solutions and provides guidance to engineers for future requirements. To treat people they way you want to be treated. Honor, Leadership, Intergrity, Selflesservice, Courage, Accountability, Respect. The hardest part of the Job is things constantly change and you have to be flexible and open minded. The most enjoyable part of the job was to provide Communication support to the President POTUS, vice president VP, and the First Lady of the United States.
Pros
president potus, vice president vice potus, and the first lady of the united states.
Cons
no fail environment
It was a privilege.
Communications Engineer/US ARMY (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2013
I had the privilege to work for the White House Communications Agency. I supported the President of the United States and his Senior Staff members.
Pros
working there.
Cons
none.