White House Black Market
Coronavirus update

White House Black Market Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager64 reviews
United States64 reviews
Would never work for the outlet side of the business again! Lack of professionalism and terrible work environment.
Pros
Discount and benifits
Cons
Pay and Management
Higher management was not good. Should not have been placed in her position ,they lost a very good manager because of it. When you have a bad manager it makes all the difference.
Love the store and the products are high quality but it brings the ugly side of people working under semi commission setting. We constantly had problems with other employees about commission
The upper management is willing to replace anyone in a minute, because all they are looking for is for someone who can sell without a conscience, ,they are looking to only make the sales goal.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This place was a hot joke! No one that worked there ever met the district manager. She was always o “Paid time off.” Always had to buy stuff out of our own pockets to operate efficiently. Never received visit or call from
Our “DM” only nasty emails when we didn’t make plan in a ghost town of a shopping center! Never once did anyone from corporate care when they closed our store and gave us our notice right after thanksgiving so we would all be stuck working there trying to give our families a Christmas and dangle is with this false carrot of a severance package that equals nothing to 90% of the people working for our stores!!
I enjoyed very much working with a team so passionate about growing, learning and WHBM overall. Management was always very helpful and it truly feels like a family working there.
Literally the worst job I’ve ever had. Management is a wreck, “corporate” has no clue what they’re doing, the work life balance is impossible. Almost no inclusivity in the work place. Terrible organization of employees and management. No perks aside from a petty employee discount.
If you end up in a great store with great co-workers and customers it's fun. My store was a ton of fun, but no matter how you slice it, it's still retail and still customer service. Corporate has no clue what they're doing, but if you get a good manager in store, you can deal with it better.
Wonderful place to work. I just needed to make more money and there was no advancement at the time for me. I would have stayed if I could have. DM was awesome and hands on. (Traci) sales staff were fun to work with.
Terrible management, toxic work environment, wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Pay is terrible, bonus is laughable. No place for advancement.
Never any compliments, only complaints about everything that you do wrong.
Chicos Fas Corporation
Incredible journey- Corporation supports field

Increases are 2.5% of pay but this retail standard

Highly Recommend for Managers
Pros
Benefits, Corporate focus on training and development
Cons
Below Target Walmart McDonald’s- part time employee wages
With the company suffering in performance the last four years, several new training and developmental resources have been provided, but there's simply no time to take advantage of them in a typical work day.
A decent place to work...coddling to customers was the most frustrating part. Scheduling is very strict. Must be very upbeat and perky to enjoy working there.
I have worked for Chicos and White House Black Market on a part time and full time basis for 8 years. I have loved every moment of working there. I left only to return to education.
Pros
wonderful co-workers; beautiful clothes
Cons
working evenings
I felt that the opportunity for growth was lacking. Due to this, I left for better opportunity and better compensation within the same industry type. I felt that similar employers in the same industry offered better compensation and opportunity.
A great environment to work in. Management is very supportive and understanding. No where near the best pay/benefits wise but the atmosphere and management style is amazing and makes it a great place to work.
Brick and mortar retail stores are dying under e-commerce and online returns go against the stores daily numbers, under high pressure from corporate. It's like failing every day and theres little to be done about it.
Working for a company that knows how to be successful and challenged us to be innovator of the business by letting us build a
relationship with our customer which was the foundation.
Was guaranteed a promotion and hired from an outside sourse with no warning. A ton of meeting, the style of management changes a long with how the store is run day to day
White House Black market is fun but the dm and RM expect so much from you and you need to like numbers if you are going to be in a managment position.
Pros
discount
Cons
incentive program
WHBM is a busy store to work in. If you can't move quickly and have the product knowledge to make your life easier this isn't the place for you. If you'd like to work there and not deal with people apply for a support position.