White House Black Market Employee Reviews for Assistant Store Manager

High expectations by company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 7, 2019
It's retail, hours aren't favorable unless you are the store manager and make your own schedule. Your requested days off are not always given to you. Sick time and vacation time are all lumped together as "PTO", it's accumulated, not given at once. Turn over rate is extremely high, especially for part time employees. Expectations are very high for everyone, what they ask of you is not worth the compensation. I have met some amazing people both customers and co workers, but overall, it can be a challenging place to work.
Ok to build resume
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2019
Average retail job. Pay isn’t that great. Employer discount is not that great either. If you move up within the company, don’t expect to get paid much more. This company only offers 10% more of your previous salary. And if you are lucky to negotiate more than the standard 10% don’t expect to make as much as someone that is hired outside of the company. Benefits are standard.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees
Cons
Salary
Do not work here!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 9, 2019
This job is the absolute WORSE JOB I EVER HAD! Not only were the customers rude, the management was worse. As an assistant manager I couldn’t leave for breaks if another lead wasn’t there on duty. I would have to give my card or cash to the associate I was with to go get me food (stupid rule, I never did this). The pay was sooooo low for all the work they require of you. Only if you’re desperate should you work here (even then, DONT). RUN!
Standard retail position
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 16, 2019
The position is pretty standard for a small retail environment. Not fully staffed, low paying, no sales incentives but are required to meet certain sales standards and quotas.
Cons
No set schedule
Does not care about store mgm or associates. Only dm, gm get paid when the store hits mark. No commission for stores considered outlets.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington Tanger outletJanuary 22, 2019
Smand gm combined position s. So the adm gets to do most of the work. Then gm accrpts all credit for asm store when it hits bonus’s. Hours are horrible. You can put in 60 hr a week and credit goes to GM. No back bone in confronting wrong doings by store key holders . To worried about them being a whistle blower. You can work hard, move up to asm. And still dm and gm will never notice the work put in!
Pros
Yr. reviews
Cons
Pay and time off
Fashion lovers
Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MANovember 26, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy styling the client! Staff was cooperative, nice, and nice to work with. I would recommend this job as a part time job or a second job!
Pros
discount, flexible schedule
Cons
short break, benefits
managerial
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  estero flNovember 6, 2018
My Store manager was fired. Everyday was something different staff was nice to work with if they stayed.I worked independtily from day to day basically learned from previous experience
Love the product, love the staff, great company
Assistant Store Manager-Personal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 20, 2018
It is a great company to work for. Hours can be exhausting during holiday season, but that is common for the retail industry. The discounts are great, so is the bonus structure.
Stress no organization
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 10, 2018
Poor management training. Constant micro managing, cancel meetings/ conference calls weekly. Customer service can’t be of service with new locate system in place. No upper management support Whatsoever!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, pay, scheduling, roles
Tustin - Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 7, 2018
Production environment, busy, tremendous amount of responsibility. I learned to think quick on the job.
The hardest part was the night time hours.
The most enjoyable part was the customers, selling, creating displays.
Pros
Pay, health benefits
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Very high paced atmosphere, hard to have a life outside of career.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 21, 2018
Very high paced environment, steady customer interaction for the most part. From the moment the customer walks in the door the FL is expected to find out why the customer is in store so you can start pulling clothes to increase chances of converting them to paying customer. Training is bare minimum- you either get it or you don’t. They instead drill the monthly sales goals in your face daily, hourly- and the bonus incentive if the Sales goals are met is minimum. Managers have no problem scheduling employees for 7-10 days straight, not realizing this burns out the employee. WHBM is a very give me, give me, give me more store- it would be nice if they could appreciate their employees more so as a whole. I enjoy the women I work with, however it’s obvious who is a hard worker and who cruises by in their shifts and stays on board to reap the benefits of the clothing.
Pros
Discount, Staff
Cons
Retail hours, close then open shifts (multiple) short lunch-breaks, bonus structure, management interaction, organization
Fun workplace with the right team
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 12, 2018
Company is incredibly stingy when it comes to hourly wage/salary. A lot of work for a small salary; they expect you to go above and beyond, but refuse to compensate you. Seems to be worse the longer you have worked for the company.
Pros
Ability to bonus
Cons
Poor salary
I love what I do some days are busy some are slow
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 3, 2018
Hours are set if you work morning to afternoon you are responsible for current shipment any shipment that needs to go out, bank deposit, opening store. Anything that needs to be addressed during shift. Pretty much the same at night much slower business but finish up any projects that were not finished during the day, help all customers, close the store safely and correctly
Pros
Love working with people
Cons
Sometime limited time to sell
The work environment was competitive and fun. I enjoyed working there
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 3, 2018
The experience i gained over the seven years i worked there was amazing. Im trully happy to have worked there. I will use all my acquired skills on my future employment and continue to grow as a manager and leader of any company i work for
Pros
Great management and sales bonus
Cons
Hard to take a break when busy
Pros and Cons
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 26, 2018
The company is good to work for. However, as this is an high end store, some customers can be difficult to service. But, I found hosting individual parties such as bridal showers very rewarding.
Great store with beautiful clothes
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HIMarch 10, 2018
Working for White House Black Market was a fun and fulling position. The culture of White House Black Market is to make every woman feel beautiful which is a great concept. I really enjoyed showing my customers the different ways of accessorizing the different outfits they were interested in, as well as ways of dressing them up or dressing them down. The quality of the clothing was also top notch which made my job even easier.
Pros
Beautiful clothes, great culture of selling
Cons
My location closed
They will let anyone run a store
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 12, 2018
The goal of the company is to sell obviously and they don't care how you do it. Not to mention they hire the most rude, psychotic individuals to run their store. If they talk to you like a dog but still make the company money then ultimately they are untouchable.
Fast paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 25, 2018
Expectations from Management unreasonable and not in accordance with pay
Work/Life balance unbalanced-10-13 days working in a row
Lack of stock help during peak times
No sick pay provided
Compensation low and not competitive
I mean it’s retail
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTDecember 7, 2017
I’ve met some really awesome people working for WHBM. The culture is generally the same from east coast to west coast. The clientele differs based on location of course. It’s not so bad considering it’s retail and time leverage is usually terrible when working in retail anyways. I’d just personlly prefer more control over my own time.
Moved to Las Vegas
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 23, 2017
Moved to Las Vegas to be by family and was not allowed to transfer from back home in Missouri. Loved the company, loved the product, worked all throughout college and after.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss