White House Black Market
Coronavirus update

White House Black Market Employee Reviews for Assistant Store Manager

Assistant Store Manager59 reviews
United States59 reviews
I love the new program we just rolled out 'Feel Beautiful' program. It is geared towards making our clients have an exceptional experience in the stores. My clients really make my job pleasurable.
I loved my time at WHBL. I truly learned so much and very greatful. However, because we are short staff most of the time thru out the year, the mangers are too quick to hirer. Sometimes it works out but 80% of the time it does not and leads to people having to work with unstable, unrealistic, unreliability, crazy people! In this day in age you can look at people Social Media pages and get a clear look at their character and what they stand who! clearcharacter. I had to work with someone who saluted
I was a FT ASM and District visual training manager. I loved that ASM/SM could get recommended by their DM/RM to attend a 12 week program to assist them into furthering their career and working at home office or through other executive management programs. I did not like that as a cost cutting measure they flew every DM and RM to FL for a home office meeting and immediately terminated them all and realigned the districts/regions with the sister brand. It was completely unexpected and disgraceful. I had the best DM in the world and I too lost my DM trainer position and was forced back into a singular ASM position losing quite a bit of money. I immediately sought out new employment.
Unappreciative, demeaning, overworked there is nothing else to say this company is very money hunger they do not care about their employees or clientele.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I ended up quitting because of the new store manager who was absolutely awful. She refused to be accommodating to the schedule I had agreed upon with the previous manager, and wouldn't even let us text each other to switch shifts because she said it was "working off the clock." Two sales leads and myself (the ASM) quit because she was rude and refused to listen or be open minded at all. She made terrible hiring decisions and didn't care about any of us. It was such a terrible way to end my 2.5 years with the company.
The District Manager was terrible too, and was the reason we lost Store Managers right and left. This company seems to be so poorly managed. I wouldn't recommend it if you care about being respected and listened to. No retail job is worth putting up with this garbage. If I could give this company zero stars, I would.
Pros
I don't work there anymore
Cons
Low pay, poor managment
The employees I worked with their and managed over were great. We worked great together as a team and we all cared about the outcome of our job. Upper Management was just never able to be please and our store manager came down on us hard using personal information against us. Five us ended up calling Human Resources because it got that bad.
Every day its an amazing day ther helping customers and my coworkers are friendly. The work enviroment is great it's all about team work in order to make the best experience to the customer.
It's retail, hours aren't favorable unless you are the store manager and make your own schedule. Your requested days off are not always given to you. Sick time and vacation time are all lumped together as "PTO", it's accumulated, not given at once. Turn over rate is extremely high, especially for part time employees. Expectations are very high for everyone, what they ask of you is not worth the compensation. I have met some amazing people both customers and co workers, but overall, it can be a challenging place to work.
Average retail job. Pay isn’t that great. Employer discount is not that great either. If you move up within the company, don’t expect to get paid much more. This company only offers 10% more of your previous salary. And if you are lucky to negotiate more than the standard 10% don’t expect to make as much as someone that is hired outside of the company. Benefits are standard.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees
Cons
Salary
This job is the absolute WORSE JOB I EVER HAD! Not only were the customers rude, the management was worse. As an assistant manager I couldn’t leave for breaks if another lead wasn’t there on duty. I would have to give my card or cash to the associate I was with to go get me food (stupid rule, I never did this). The pay was sooooo low for all the work they require of you. Only if you’re desperate should you work here (even then, DONT). RUN!
Cons
The position is pretty standard for a small retail environment. Not fully staffed, low paying, no sales incentives but are required to meet certain sales standards and quotas.
Cons
No set schedule
Smand gm combined position s. So the adm gets to do most of the work. Then gm accrpts all credit for asm store when it hits bonus’s. Hours are horrible. You can put in 60 hr a week and credit goes to GM. No back bone in confronting wrong doings by store key holders . To worried about them being a whistle blower. You can work hard, move up to asm. And still dm and gm will never notice the work put in!
Pros
Yr. reviews
Cons
Pay and time off
Great place to work if you enjoy styling the client! Staff was cooperative, nice, and nice to work with. I would recommend this job as a part time job or a second job!
Pros
discount, flexible schedule
Cons
short break, benefits
It is a great company to work for. Hours can be exhausting during holiday season, but that is common for the retail industry. The discounts are great, so is the bonus structure.
Very high paced environment, steady customer interaction for the most part. From the moment the customer walks in the door the FL is expected to find out why the customer is in store so you can start pulling clothes to increase chances of converting them to paying customer. Training is bare minimum- you either get it or you don’t. They instead drill the monthly sales goals in your face daily, hourly- and the bonus incentive if the Sales goals are met is minimum. Managers have no problem scheduling employees for 7-10 days straight, not realizing this burns out the employee. WHBM is a very give me, give me, give me more store- it would be nice if they could appreciate their employees more so as a whole. I enjoy the women I work with, however it’s obvious who is a hard worker and who cruises by in their shifts and stays on board to reap the benefits of the clothing.
Pros
Discount, Staff
Cons
Retail hours, close then open shifts (multiple) short lunch-breaks, bonus structure, management interaction, organization
Company is incredibly stingy when it comes to hourly wage/salary. A lot of work for a small salary; they expect you to go above and beyond, but refuse to compensate you. Seems to be worse the longer you have worked for the company.
Pros
Ability to bonus
Cons
Poor salary
Hours are set if you work morning to afternoon you are responsible for current shipment any shipment that needs to go out, bank deposit, opening store. Anything that needs to be addressed during shift. Pretty much the same at night much slower business but finish up any projects that were not finished during the day, help all customers, close the store safely and correctly
Pros
Love working with people
Cons
Sometime limited time to sell
The experience i gained over the seven years i worked there was amazing. Im trully happy to have worked there. I will use all my acquired skills on my future employment and continue to grow as a manager and leader of any company i work for
Pros
Great management and sales bonus
Cons
Hard to take a break when busy
The company is good to work for. However, as this is an high end store, some customers can be difficult to service. But, I found hosting individual parties such as bridal showers very rewarding.
Working for White House Black Market was a fun and fulling position. The culture of White House Black Market is to make every woman feel beautiful which is a great concept. I really enjoyed showing my customers the different ways of accessorizing the different outfits they were interested in, as well as ways of dressing them up or dressing them down. The quality of the clothing was also top notch which made my job even easier.
Pros
Beautiful clothes, great culture of selling
Cons
My location closed
The goal of the company is to sell obviously and they don't care how you do it. Not to mention they hire the most rude, psychotic individuals to run their store. If they talk to you like a dog but still make the company money then ultimately they are untouchable.