White House Black Market Employee Reviews for Sales Lead

Lovely and Entertaining
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2019
There are several opportunities to show my skills, the boss provides and environment to excel and become something better than you were yesterday. You have the opportunity to sell and make a bonus for the sale.
Pros
Flexible hours. fair lunch breaks
Cons
Outdated store
Well-managed and fun place to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2019
Great company, really cares about their employees. Fun and fashionable place to work while providing great customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping clients find what they need or helping them refresh their wardrobe.
Great opportunity for moving up
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 23, 2019
I worked for the company for 6 years and was able to move up thanks to great management. Once the management team changed, there was opportunity within my store location. Great mentoring and chance to coach to my team's strengths and weaknesses.
Fun boutique
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 12, 2019
This company is well-ran and is your typical retail store and that is evident in the structure of the job and expectations. I enjoyed working here but I would have liked to be able to give my opinion and input on designs and how they are received by our demographic.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Repetitive color palettes
workplace environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 10, 2019
Although I truly learned a lot from working for this company on how to push for sales, I didn't feel as if there was much room for growth at all. The work environment overall was definitely great but the pay was not.
Everyday was a new, fresh day to work and hit targets.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 7, 2019
Working at WHBM was a completely different role for me as I had never worked in retail before. I found the training was a bit inconsistent and it was more of an exercise in learning how to work under each manager - training was split across managers. I enjoyed working with our clients on a daily basis - the most enjoyable part of my job was trying to "outfit" a client for a particular need - whether it be for one evening or a trip across multiple days. I love trying to understand what the clients wants / needs, and then figuring out how to meet those needs. The hardest part of the job was working with senior management in terms of what the Company was promoting verses what our Store Manager was targeting.
Pros
Employee DIscount
Fun and fast pace working environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 1, 2019
I enjoy working here because of the flexible hours and communication is very important to the management and other employees. Typical hours are between 5-8 shifts
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Shorter breaks
Great Part Time Work
SALES LEAD/STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working for WHBM, but there seems to be too much politics involved in advancement. Employee discount was decent. Flexible scheduling. A great part time job but I don't recommend it full time.
Pros
flexible
Cons
advancement
Great Company with room for growth
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2018
Such a great company!!! Fun to work for and a very positive workplace with fun employees. Plenty of room for growth upon proper training and performance.
productivity
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 27, 2018
White House Black Market
Maintained established merchandising standards, including window, sales floor and promotional display.
Welcomed customers into the store and helped them locate items.
Completed all point of sale opening and closing procedures, including counting the contents of the cash
register.
Friendly personalized boutique
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day in retail in the boutique would begin with a pace in meeting. Talked with co-workers about sales and traffic thus far and goals to meet. Management always checking with associates and checking where improvement may be needed, trying new sales tactics or approaches. I learned a lot about communication, not just how to approach a customer but how to make them feel welcomed and comfortable shopping; asking all the right questions to cater to their needs. The hardest part of the job for me was balancing my home life and picking up hours and covering call outs as a keyholder with my home life schedule, but the most enjoyable part would have to have been the relaxed personal feel we gave. Unlike other retail I had worked, this job was about selling and making numbers but more so about making sure your customer left happy and returned to you knowing you would take care of anything they needed again and again.
Pros
Positive interactions, enhancing social skills, good management.
Cons
No commission
Management Conflicts
Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 5, 2018
I worked as a Sales Lead in-store. While I really loved my immediate in-store Manager, there were a lot of problems with the District manager in regards to communication. There is a severe disconnect between the store and upper-level management.
Its okay
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
Its an okay job. The company wants you to do things a certain way and sometimes it doesn't always work. If you're an introvert type of person this is not the job for you. There are calling lists almost every week to call customers to get them in to drive sales. You have to email people all the time to let them know of certain events and new collections coming out. Its just a lot of work ontop of selling. Some customers think they're above the company so it's hard to work with them. Sometimes it can be fun though by helping someone find an outfit for events. Numbers are a huge thing in this company so be prepared to get hounded on making numbers for sales and appointments. If you do this job dont let management run you over.
Pros
Discount, people you work with, some customers
Cons
Pressured to reach numbers, long hours sometimes, crazy customers
Horrible environment for people who like to have fun
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 20, 2018
It was incredibly confrontational and cutthroat. You were held to a ridiculously high standard that could never be attained and when it was not attained (obviously) you were belittled even when you tried your best. Nothing was ever good enough for the company. The district manager and all the higher ups were pure evil and treated the employees who worked in the actual store horribly. No higher up cared about any of the employees and their well being. Once in a blue moon if you worked your absolute butt off and could pull off a $1,000 sale you received a $5 Starbucks gift card..yes, a FIVE dollar gift card. Ridiculous place to work.
Pros
Coworkers and friendships, discount (40% off)
Cons
Discount (was often what customers got as well), Managers, All of the above really
Fun Place to Work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 9, 2018
Retai is retail and as long as you go into the position with that mind set, you will have a good time with the upscale customers. Great opportunity to build clientel if choose.
Pros
People Who Word for Chico's Inc.
Cons
Pay
Fun Place to Work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 5, 2018
I really enjoy my colleagues and we have wonderful customers. Quality of clothing is outstanding and our management team is wonderful. Great place to go to work.
Mean Girls
Sales Lead/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJune 4, 2018
My store manager was wonderful but the other sales leads and assistant manager treated the store as a high school. I would not work there again with the same assist manager.
Low pay and working every weekend- but lots of opportunity to move up!
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
As a part-time retail job it is what it is. Low pay, working every weekend, long hours on feet. The compensation is terrible even as a manager. Some associates were making only 5 cents less than a manager. There is a lot of room and opportunities to move up though, even into the corporate offices. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people. You really create tight bonds with co-workers since you are with them for long shifts.
great place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working @ White House Black market it was high quality clothing with a lot of great individuals to work with. Management was very organized.
Great place to start
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2018
This was my first job in a form of management. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to become a Sales Lead at WHBM.
I enjoyed the high energy to sell a garment and the excitement around the possibility of a small commission. I learned how to show my personality and gained the confidence in my abilities to wardrobe a customer desiring quality merchandise.
Pros
fun environment, love the clothes!
Cons
coupon policy was always up for debate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss