White House Black Market
68Average

White House Black Market Employee Reviews for Sales Lead

Sales Lead100 reviews
United States100 reviews
Hours can be a bit hard to get used to, opening and closing and working all holidays is a must. Fun place to work. If you like working with the public then this is the place for you.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
short or no breaks, work holidays
i like the overall message of making women feel like they are beautiful but they are not given the proper tools to make this happen for every one. between the price of the clothes and the aesthetic, it’s hard to shop and sell here.
WHBM is a great place to gain essential customer service experience and training. Pay is low, corporate business doesn't promote within. Full time work is only available for management, scheduling varies a lot.
I am very good with customer service and selling and the details of getting he job done. I am one of the top people associates and customers deal with if they have issues or need service. I am top lead
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Working at White House Black Market was terrible no flexibility, first of all the pay was horrible the job that i was hired for didn't even hold close to the amount of work we did i felt like i was the store manager of the amount of work that i was doing and i was a sales lead. over all experience 0/10
Pros
Just interacting with the customers i miss
Cons
short hours and disgusting workers
There was always something fun and exciting to do. I loved the customers we had on a day to day basis. The reward system was amazing. and there was a lot of opportunity for growth.
I wish I didn't have to leave. I grew so much as an individual and learned even more while I was there. I'm grateful for the opportunity and will keep the knowledge with me moving forward.
A typical day at this employer would include customer service, sales and returns. One of the main priorities of the job was making sure the customer was happy with their purchase.
Enjoyed meeting and working with people and to insure they are happy with their purchases. Management provided sales training and tools needed to improve productivity.
I was told part time would be 20-25 hours a week when I was interviewed, but when I started I was getting 39 hours a week. Not enough to be considered full time (and to get benefits) but enough to squeeze every amount of possible productivity out of me. The job itself wasn’t bad, and my coworkers were great with the exception of one who repeatedly caused trouble for everyone. The worst was the manager though. She was rude, abrasive, offensive and belittled everyone’s intelligence. She would constantly question our ability to learn procedures and would even answer customer questions rudely; several customers had even submitted complaints about her. Thinly veiled insults, passive aggressive statements and victim blaming when it came to company incidents all made this a very hostile work environment to work in. All of my coworkers that were there at the beginning of the year, including me, are all gone now.
Pros
Hands on experience with customers
Cons
Management, hard to get support from corporate if you’re being harassed, not “inclusive” and “diverse” like it claims to be
I worked at WHBM for over a year. It was a mess. My GM was crazy, brought personal issues into the store & took it out on employees- very cliquey. Definitely does not have a flexible schedule, and definitely does not promote work/life balance. The headache & pay is nowhere near worth working here
This was a great part time job. There had to be a better way to track sales because I lost a lot of sales to sales people who looked like me. Also we were told we had to wear the clothes from the store. Just because you get the discount doesn't mean you can still afford it on the wages you earn.
WHBM was fantastic and I really wish I could've stayed longer! The only reason I have for leaving is that my boss wasn't the friendliest and was always calling her team members ugly or stupid and then would laugh and act like it wasn't an issue.

Other than her, I would go back in a heartbeat because I loved the style, the location I worked at, and the people I got to run into were absolutely amazing. I definitely recommend the company to anyone who's interested in retail. It's fast but not too fast and the commission is well worth it. Plus the relationships you get to build with your clients are well worth all the hard work.
As a part-time worker, I learned enough to be promoted to assistant manager. A typical day of work involves what any retail job does. The workplace culture is very inclusive and open to new ideas. The hardest part of the job is the low paying salary.
High turn over. Gossip culture. No work life balance. Pushy Sales. Discriminatory environment. Poor communication. Company technical writing department could use a course in “less is best”.
I was a huge fan of the company way back when. So when I interviewed for this position I was super excited because I previously worked for Soma. I enjoyed it at first and now after 6 months I’m just starting to hate where the direction the company is going. The good thing about this company is you get bonuses & good discounts. Hours suck!
the manager didn't care about us at all, she most of the times sat on the back eating popcorn , we did everything and at the end we got nothing , they always give alse hopes
Wasn't bad at first, but I quit and walked out because of the hostile working environment. Management was very unorganized and expected too much from a small store in a small city.
The pay is also very low and they hardly give raises. The clothing style is also very outdated and they refuse to make it more modern.
This company is not only at risk of being bought out, corporate level has changed 3 times in a 5 month span. They hire management who aren’t really qualified for the position. Don’t expect to get any hours over 20 but also don’t go seeking other employment or you’ll be questioned as to why you have another job. The people hired as managers are in competition with for sales and will even steal sales. They pay is trash but they expect you to bust your butt for unrealistic sales goals. There’s so many other retailers who offer more. Do your research before applying.
Upper management looks at associates only in terms of numbers. You are not a real person to them. If you're young and pretty you're treated better because they can get you to drink the Kool-aid. Unreasonable and unrealistic expectations
Overall working for this company was a good experience. I think that the work ethic of some of the superior managers weren’t the best, but I did learn a lot from working for the company in the retail world and it taught me a lot about proper merchandising and management skills.