White House Black Market Employee Reviews for Store Manager

White House Black Market
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  White House Black Market- ColliervilleMarch 28, 2019
Best women's clothes for the price and quality. environment in the company was very strained due to being held at high goal for sales. Not only for the store Manager but also for each employee. Very stressful.
Pros
selling structure in the store and setting goals that could not be reached.
Cons
Best Women's clothes ever.
Horrific company culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2019
No work/life balance. No appreciation for talent or hard work. Terrible pay and bonus structure. Aggressive sales tactics that are detrimental to company success. Underhanded management practices. Extremely toxic company and work environment. Customers receive a better discount on clothing than employees. Run from this company and do yourself a favor by working literally anywhere else.
Pros
The jeans are nice.
Cons
Everything else.
Did not like the overall job culture
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2018
I love customer service but felt very overwhelmed with the high pressure strategy that was REQUIRED by a script type approach that was mandatory to use on all customers
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Loved dressing women in their clothes and our discounts.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 4, 2018
White House Black Market is a great company to work for. Where else can you play dress up with beautiful clothing. You receive great discounts at the sister companies also and can earn great bonuses. We got excited every time a new line came out. It was like Christmas! Our number one priority was Excellent Customer Service.
Pros
Discounts on clothing and with the sister stores.
Cons
No flexibility when there was an event going on you had to be there, regardless of the family event you might have that day.
great place to work
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 29, 2018
It's great place to work the only thing i not like is the selling pieces it's very cut throat and the onlines returns goes against daily sales goal i hope they changes that.
Pros
great discount
Cons
selling
Upscale botique
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2018
White house black market was an upscale botique with a good following many return customers that would rerwpect your assistance and purchase per your recomdations. Merchandising was key to success. I was able to recruit wonderful employees that shared athe same vision for success
Pros
Respect for success
Cons
As with most retail, Sacrifice family for holiday work
great job!
Store Manager/Co-Manager/Visual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 19, 2018
A great company to work for, empowers women, really enjoyed the travel and fast pace, the clothing discount and make women feel beautiful motto and LOVED job!
n/a
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJFebruary 25, 2018
lots of opportunity for growth. Sometimes can be difficult to recruit talent depending on area. Great teams and great customers. Nice employee discount and benefits.
Fun, productive, direct communication with District manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 9, 2018
This store was an outlet store but the clothes were amazing. The atmosphere for working was great, fun informative and easy. We were interactive with our customers, some of them we knew by name due to repeat business.
Great work experience. New concept store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCFebruary 9, 2018
It was one of the first concept stores to open. We Held fashion shows and wee really involved in the community. Very fashion forward and challenging.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
new employee training materials were lacking
High End Market
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 6, 2018
we had a top notch sales team who were committed to providing premier service to every customer who walked through the door. The quality of the clothing was second to none which made promoting it a pleasure.
fun fast paced environment
Store manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 7, 2018
- the most enjoyable part of the job is making connections and building relationships with clients
- the district manager over me is very available to help with all of our needs and always supportive of the team
Steeped in Culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 30, 2017
This company was very steeped in their culture. Make women feel beautiful. This was a great single simple truth that all companies should provide for their employees
Pros
Great pay plans
Cons
Not alot of room for growth
Strong Work culture
strong leadership
dedicated staff
flexible hours
great workplace culture
too much changes in tasks
awesome
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 28, 2017
WHBM was an awesome place to work. The schedule was great. The customers were the best and we really tried to make women feel beautiful. I would manage there again.
Upper management not ideal
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 9, 2017
A lot of stress on the stores with most problems concerning not making sales being the cause of upper management, merchandising, or allocation problems. Company is aware of these problems but still makes unrealistic demands on managers at the store level and attempts to micromanage, taking away from the ability for us to effectively use our own skills as managers.
Cons
Customer gets better discounts
Overall not a bad place to work
Store Manager (NSO) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
Store managers are generally left to run their stores. I opened a brand new location and was only with the company for 2 months. My DSM did not show for the grand opening and came 2-3 weeks after we were open.
Pros
65% off certain times of year
Cons
Very pushy selling
Stylish Clothing
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 14, 2017
Fast paced, exciting and beautiful store. Lovely clothing and of good quality - love the jewelry! Very customer focused company. Flexible and friendly people.
store manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was the customer experience. We thrive on making our customers happy. We were personal stylist. I learned how to run a business and set goals for our team and to hold associates accountable.
Pros
Great discount on clothing
Cons
To excessive on calling customers
Was a great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PAJune 12, 2017
When I first started I truly enjoyed being a part of this amazing brand. But with the difficult times in retail the atmosphere has changed. It has become very stressful and anxiety driven. The NO EXCUSES coming from upper management has led to turn and low moral. Sad times and I can only hope when we get to the other side of this retail fall out this brand will preserver.
Pros
great benefits, 38 hr work week
Cons
advancement from SM to DM impossible, internal advancement not fostered by upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

White House Black Market Reviews by Location