White House Black Market
67Average

White House Black Market Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager59 reviews
United States59 reviews
Love working with people and learning new things. From people all around the world. Make the job easy when you can develop and train a good team. Who will support you and work with you. Not only being me a manger teach you patience. You also learn how to learn other behavior and how to find their strength and opportunities
Pros
Working with Habitat
Cons
Not enough time with family
Alot of support from my District Manager and my co Workers. Love the customers they are sure loyal. They are always willing to go and beyond for you.
Backstabbing, DM was manipulative. Clicks big time. Pay is horrible they want you to wear their clothing but don't pay a living wage.
Run run run run run
Pros
Nice clothing
Cons
Toxic company
I truly enjoyed my time at WHBM. My District Manager at the time was not very helpful when I had to shut down my shop. I was able to place all my employees, but my DM did not have any options for me. I was very disappointed.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
WHBM has taught me to art of client engagement on a personable level. I enjoy the client that is loyal to this brand. She is sophisticated and knows what she wants and requires a high level of satire.
Pros
Great selling environment
Cons
Must have high level of emotional intelligence
As a store manger, the district manager should also give them the nessessary tools to run a store. I felt like the I had to take it upon myself to know the ins and out of the brand. I was put into a asm position when I first started with the brand, and I was only given two days of training from the store manager at the time left. After that I took it upon myself to read all the materials at my hands to develop myself and my associates until I got promoted five months of being with the company. The knowledge I learned from the job was great and motivating so that I can look forward to being in a brand that gives me the tools to develop myself for the long-term in my management career.
Beautiful styles and good quality women's clothing.

Upbeat management and culture.

Hardest part of the job would be the slow days when customers don't shop - it's retail so these days it gets harder and harder to get people into the stores.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting excited, along with the customers, when the new clothing comes in to sell.
Communication from the company to managers is very clear and easy to flow.
Training is very good they have it set up step by step.

The help desk team always very helpful they have answers to any questions you have.
I enjoyed working and learning about the clothing industry, but the location was really too far to be honest. Other than that I was happy to help ladies find great looking outfits.
I enjoyed working for White House Black Market. I really grew my leadership and sales abilities there. While working there I was able to style and make women happy. It was a rush daily.
Pros
Base and commission structure
Cons
No advancement
It all in the details. Customers lost faith in the brand. Every season we lost more and more of what they loved about us...the details. The stitching, the bows, the everyday classic black and white pieces. Rapidly declining sales lead way to all the other issues.
This company is great at advancing those that truly seek opportunity...see a goal and go for it!
Better dress code options would've allowed for happier work environment.
Best women's clothes for the price and quality. environment in the company was very strained due to being held at high goal for sales. Not only for the store Manager but also for each employee. Very stressful.
Pros
selling structure in the store and setting goals that could not be reached.
Cons
Best Women's clothes ever.
No work/life balance. No appreciation for talent or hard work. Terrible pay and bonus structure. Aggressive sales tactics that are detrimental to company success. Underhanded management practices. Extremely toxic company and work environment. Customers receive a better discount on clothing than employees. Run from this company and do yourself a favor by working literally anywhere else.
Pros
The jeans are nice.
Cons
Everything else.
I love customer service but felt very overwhelmed with the high pressure strategy that was REQUIRED by a script type approach that was mandatory to use on all customers
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
White House Black Market is a great company to work for. Where else can you play dress up with beautiful clothing. You receive great discounts at the sister companies also and can earn great bonuses. We got excited every time a new line came out. It was like Christmas! Our number one priority was Excellent Customer Service.
Pros
Discounts on clothing and with the sister stores.
Cons
No flexibility when there was an event going on you had to be there, regardless of the family event you might have that day.
It's great place to work the only thing i not like is the selling pieces it's very cut throat and the onlines returns goes against daily sales goal i hope they changes that.
Pros
great discount
Cons
selling
White house black market was an upscale botique with a good following many return customers that would rerwpect your assistance and purchase per your recomdations. Merchandising was key to success. I was able to recruit wonderful employees that shared athe same vision for success
Pros
Respect for success
Cons
As with most retail, Sacrifice family for holiday work
A great company to work for, empowers women, really enjoyed the travel and fast pace, the clothing discount and make women feel beautiful motto and LOVED job!
lots of opportunity for growth. Sometimes can be difficult to recruit talent depending on area. Great teams and great customers. Nice employee discount and benefits.
This store was an outlet store but the clothes were amazing. The atmosphere for working was great, fun informative and easy. We were interactive with our customers, some of them we knew by name due to repeat business.