White Lodging Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible culture
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2018
Rude coworkers, poor salary, expected to work 12+ hours a day, and sometimes 10+ days straight without a day off. No learning opportunities. Upper management was unobtainable with closed office doors.
Good career opportunity, fast paced, behind on benefits and work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
White Lodging offers a good amount of career opportunity especially if you are willing to relocate. Leaders seem to care, but often there are limitations with resources, policies and procedures. The benefits for the company are mixed, great complimentary nights at company hotels, good insurance, 401K, PTO and work life balance could use improvement.
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
401K, PTO and work life balance could use improvement
Amazing work place
Indianapolis Marriott downtown (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
I loved working for white lodging they were very welcoming and I love the history or the company the management is amazing and helpful and if I could I would love to work for them again
Not a great place for everyoe
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 29, 2018
This company can be great if you choose the right property. Some properties have been carefully staffed and trained by great management teams while many others are the complete opposite. There can be fast turnover, poor management and generally non-existent training or support at times. This company could be as great as they advertise themselves to be if they get every property on the same page and provide equal support.
Go anywhere else.
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 2, 2018
The management team in Fort Wayne is awful. There are drugs running through the hotel right in front of most manager or with them, and upper management doesn't even bother with it. They could, maybe if they associated themselves withthe rest of the workforce. But, all in all just sad. No responsibility taken, lack of a clear leader in the kitchen. Half of the cooks do not know temperatures, or how to do a basic wipe down. Scary place really.
Pros
Free food, if you cook it yourself.
Cons
Dirty Kitchen, Selfish Management, No Kitchen Leaders
Hospitality is a fun field!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 26, 2018
Good company overall,however, there were always a lot of changes in the middle and upper management. That is how the hospitality business is.Great team
Stressful and demanding
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
Great environment but very high demand as a manager. Very redundant work and little guidance to moving up with the company. Management was disconnected.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
I miss my team! Management was amazing, job resources were amazing, The culture was great! I got to go on a retreat to Las Vegas, Great team building activies.
Good company bad management
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
It’s a great company with a lot of benefits However you have to work for them for a very very long time to receive the majority of benefits and management is poor.
Pros
A lot of benefits
Cons
Bad management
Run away and have a life.
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2018
If you hate having time with family and friends this is the job for you! Incredibly long hours, impossible work loads with redundant , inefficient processes. Company is overwhelmingly youth oriented. College recruits are highly valued as they do not really know better. Non college recruited managers are ignored, rarely if ever given any type of acknowledgment. (If there are any managers that are not recent college grads). Age and experience are hugely devalued. No one really knows what they are doing as the changes in management are constant. Executive committee members have a pat themselves on the back mentality though. GSS is at 49%. Scores for the department I worked in were in the high 90s, but only certain people are acknowledged for successes. Staff can be violent with no discipline as the hotel is so understaffed that Managers are dependent on non-skilled staff members and buyout labor.
Pros
Some really great hospitable people.
Cons
14+ hour work days, understaffed, poor management
Immature management
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  AustinMarch 10, 2018
Customer service takes back seat to the managers egos. Employees are treated like they are irrelevant to the hospitality business. I’ve been in the hotel industry for almost 20 years. The lack of knowledge and the treatment of the banquet staff is reflected in the company’s low ratings.
Moral is non existent. It’s an embarrassment working for this company. WhiteLodgeing does not know how to run a 4 Star hotel such as the JW MARRIOTT.
Backstabbing, gossip, favoritism, and race rule the day at this establishment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hostile environment
Poor communication & no employee recognition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 4, 2018
I have heard that not every WL hotel is like this. This specific hotel however is very unorganized. There is absolutely no communication. They have a HR department of ONE. Literally ONE person in the HR department, who is friends with everyone in sales. Conflicts of interest seem to be no big deal there.
Pros
Discounts on hotels
Cons
No breaks, no employee appreciation, no communication
I've Definitely Built Character
Housekeeping Runner (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 26, 2018
The manager gave me an opportunity to ease back into customer service. The co-workers are not cut throat in my location however the managers seem to be on their level. Gossip will probably be at every job but my advice, depending on how you want to grow with the company, is to keep your head down and wait for opportunity to rise. If it doesn't rise, take your change and step into challenges with the management that is not within the drama circle. It will be interesting seeing where I'll go with this company.
Pros
Learned multiple roles of the Housekeeping department
Cons
Drama within management, job barriers unclear, understaffed
Amazing company to grow with!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 13, 2018
My interview process was longer than most, but I have gotten so much experience in the past few years that I've been employed with this company. If you are dependable, want to work, and want to learn as much as possible, then this is a great company for you! The upper level management within my hotel and within the company in general have been so kind and are always quick to answer any questions I have without seeming rushed or bothered.

I've never experienced any discrimination or felt like I was being taken advantage of. We have regular conversations about growth and the career path that I want to continue on within the company. The teamwork aspect is amazing. Everyone is so quick to jump in wherever they're needed regardless of what department you work in.
Pros
growth, management, culture, benefits
Cons
none from me
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2018
I love my job and my co-workers. It's a busy job but pay is good. Management is understanding and willing to work with you on issues. It's a diverse culture.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Long days sometimes
Employee prospects should beware.
Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 5, 2018
Management cares about one thing and only one thing, themselves. You will be asked to work overtime off the clock to help management stay within their budget. You will be asked to work on vacation days and often are asked to bring your computer with you on trips or days off without compensation.
Males in high level roles feel they are superior enough to harass female subordinates leaving them with no choice but to leave the company. Management turns a blind eye to the problems they are presented with causing a hostile work environment.
I would not recommend this company to any individual looking for career options.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed departments
Poor mgt and slow business
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 20, 2018
Mgt did not know how to communicate. They do not train you but are quick to say what is wrong. Very cut throat environment where the employees fight and nothing gets resolved. Save yourself the headache.
Great company!
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2018
Whitelodging is a great company for those who want to advance and are willing to work hard to do so! You have to be willing to work longer days sometimes and your schedule changes from week to week. You have to be all in to gain a career in hospitality or you'll never get what you want.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Schedule changes
Go. Anywhere. Else. Period.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Mudslinging would be so appropriate to sum up my experience with White Lodging, there aren't enough insults or negative things to say about the company. It is pretty much like selling your soul to the Devil to work for WL. They are sexist, discriminating against people of color, size, age, and blatantly judge and demean staff and you as a person. The culture is toxic and cancerous. Upper management are conniving and downright disgusting. They are unethical in personal and business aspects. There is no reason to work for this company, no purpose. Run.
Cons
65-80 hr work week the standard, no breaks, no appreciation.
Very beautiful hotel, Great ballrooms. Pool and spa, full kitchen, restaurant and bar
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 12, 2017
This is the worst place I’ve ever worked at. There’s no job security it’s as if they don’t appreciate you. People never get fired from here they quit. there are about 20 new faces each month, nobody stays. This is the place where you gain experience then move on.