White Lodging Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2019
They say there is room for advancement but it never happens. Been with this company for 3 years and they turn around and bring in a entry level tech at a pay rate higher then mine.. My manager went on and on how I'm going up the ladder, I'm going to take these classes, I'll be making this, Then turn around and fire me before my review for my raise. This place has wasted 3 years of my time and has left a very bad taste in my mouth. The managers there are no where near equal, they play favorites to the housekeeping and front desk staff, logging only certain people when they are tardy or absent to get their own family members/friends in. Front desk supervisor or whoever he is went to the general manager and got his friend hired within 48 hrs by cutting corners talking to the higher ups, just for his friend to quit night audit in the first 48. Very bad pick there, should have went through the screening process like everybody else. #favorites.. They also claimed when I started working there that couples could not work in the same department. That rule also got bent like a banana as they're housekeeping couples and as I tried to get my girlfriend in there, they claimed It would be a "conflict of intrest." what a joke. In my honest opinion, they really need to reconstruct management, or really have someone who actually cares about having honest good working employees, instead a bunch of friends at work. Everybody is just working there for a check
Pros
Pto and benefits I guess.
Cons
I have more, but you probably don't want to hear it.
I Loved the Diversity
Cook 1 Overnight (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2019
This was my first kitchen job while in culinary school. One of my Chef's attended my graduation. I received a nomination for employee of the quarter once as well as several other acknowledgments to include "Manager's Pick," over the course of three years. When my father was deathly ill and eventually passed, I felt the love and support from HR and the entire kitchen staff. I really loved the flexibility in scheduling the diversity of the hospitality industry and meeting people from all of the world.
Pros
Benefits, perks, meeting new people
Cons
paying to park
Work Day and Culture
Cluster Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Most work days were from 7:30am-5:30pm however some days I would stay until 7:30pm for the mixer. We were a close nit group and would frequently fall back to assist other departments. Our hotels enjoyed being ranked number one every week on the STAR reports. I was able to negotiate all the contracts with the NFL for the Super Bowl for all White Lodging hotels in the Houston area.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Refusal to pay bonuses or referals
Fast Pace
Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2019
fast pace on your feet job with decently long hours. Customer service is key and you must be polite and outgoing to get good tips. Management is improving as well as the restraint staff.
Great company
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 24, 2019
I would recommend anyone looking to get your foot in the door with hotel management to come to White Lodging. This company has the family feel in the atmosphere.
Horrible company, poor compensation and management
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, WYJanuary 5, 2019
Overworked, not paid for all of my services. Promises made by management and not delivered. Unprofessional staff and reckless leadership with lack of accountability.
Pros
Cons
No heath care benefits, no paid time off, slave labor, poor management and compensation
Challenging and Rewarding Environment
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 22, 2018
White Lodging Services looks for the best and brightest in the Hospitality field. They are a progressive company that is always looking for new ways and technology to provide the guest and associate a better experience.
Great Company!
Senior Sales Manage (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
This company is the top for development of hospitality associates. There is a lot of opportunity to move up within the company. You will work long hours but that is part of the company culture.
Pros
promotions within
Sales Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2018
This was my first professional setting job and had a lot of fun working here. I learned so much about myself and different people. This was a great experience for my young carrer.
Amazing
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
The amount of time, energy and effort WLS has placed into cultivating a great workplace shows. The amount of people who leave and then return speak volumes to their care for their associates.
Passion workes there
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2018
Whitelodging is a people first company. It's the right place to grow personal and professionally. They give you the tools and training needed to perform your best.
Pros
Career growth, benefits.
Cons
Not located in every city.
Productive & cool work place ... awesome co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2018
Productive & cool work place ... awesome co-workers. There are great employees rate discounts. Also the insurance is very helpful for those who do i a the companies insurance.
Non professional environment
Laundress (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Too many managers telling staff to do impossible things. They didn't hire for the position in my department that resigned. Now they want me to do twice the work. Now I've injured myself and they won't help me with workers comp because I haven't been there over a year. Working in bloody linen and towels without protection. Bedbugs have infested the hotel. Sad...
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Dramatic managers
Fun Place to Work
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 15, 2018
I oversaw the Star Plaza Theatre Security Division. I spent most of my time protecting the entertainers that performed at the Theatre. It was a great place to work, dealing with the dedicated staff, patrons, and entertainers.
Fun culture, very fast-paced
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
White Lodging was a fun place to work - the culture was great, the hotel was always busy and I loved the people there. The biggest complaint would be that I feel like White Lodging plays favorites with regard to developing staff. They didn't seem to really have a plan for me personally, which is why I left.
Pros
Travel perks, culture
Cons
Pay, benefits
Fast fun but stressful
Cook (Current Employee) –  Cedar Lake, INSeptember 4, 2018
The job is very stressful. However I am one of the least paid cooks there asked for a raise around the same time as everyone else had and was told no but we could possible revisit the subject next summer (almost a year away). The people there however are amazing and the best people to work with.
Not a place to work if you want to pay to come to work everyday. There is no free parking anywhere.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
There is no room for advancement! Work environment is VERY HECTIC. Always low staff when we are a HIGH VOLUME restaurant. Do not recommend this job to anyone. You will be very stressed. The servers make good money but any other position is NOT worth it.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay to park
Love the guest, hate management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 24, 2018
It's all in who you know, related too or sadly, sleeping with. Good, hardworking people are treated bad, while those who do nothing but are either friends with or related to management are treated like royalty. Most don't want to quit but management leaves them no choice.
Pros
Great guest
Cons
Nepotism running rampant
Great Company to grow
HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2018
Great company for go getters and workers willing to put the time and effort in. The culture of WL is providing results above all else. bottom line is business first everything else is 2nd
Pros
Great hotel manager, always willing to help anyone out
Cons
no work life balance, Expectations seems a little over the top
Nice quick pace enviroment
Kitchen Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Ellettsville, INAugust 4, 2018
This is a nice work environment, quick paced but not a sprint. The pay is good, the hours are okay, I feel as though the management could do a couple things better, but overall an okay experience.