White Lodging Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

I Loved the Diversity
Cook 1 Overnight (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2019
This was my first kitchen job while in culinary school. One of my Chef's attended my graduation. I received a nomination for employee of the quarter once as well as several other acknowledgments to include "Manager's Pick," over the course of three years. When my father was deathly ill and eventually passed, I felt the love and support from HR and the entire kitchen staff. I really loved the flexibility in scheduling the diversity of the hospitality industry and meeting people from all of the world.
Pros
Benefits, perks, meeting new people
Cons
paying to park
Great Company!
Senior Sales Manage (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
This company is the top for development of hospitality associates. There is a lot of opportunity to move up within the company. You will work long hours but that is part of the company culture.
Pros
promotions within
Cons
Intense focus on growth - no life balance though.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2018
Great company to jumpstart career - promoted and grew a lot in first 3 years out of college. However, lack of care from corporate for employees on the field is evident. Don't expect to have a work/life balance if you want to do a good job or gain respect.
Stressful and demanding
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
Great environment but very high demand as a manager. Very redundant work and little guidance to moving up with the company. Management was disconnected.
Good company bad management
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
It’s a great company with a lot of benefits However you have to work for them for a very very long time to receive the majority of benefits and management is poor.
Pros
A lot of benefits
Cons
Bad management
Immature management
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  AustinMarch 10, 2018
Customer service takes back seat to the managers egos. Employees are treated like they are irrelevant to the hospitality business. I’ve been in the hotel industry for almost 20 years. The lack of knowledge and the treatment of the banquet staff is reflected in the company’s low ratings.
Moral is non existent. It’s an embarrassment working for this company. WhiteLodgeing does not know how to run a 4 Star hotel such as the JW MARRIOTT.
Backstabbing, gossip, favoritism, and race rule the day at this establishment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hostile environment
Go. Anywhere. Else. Period.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Mudslinging would be so appropriate to sum up my experience with White Lodging, there aren't enough insults or negative things to say about the company. It is pretty much like selling your soul to the Devil to work for WL. They are sexist, discriminating against people of color, size, age, and blatantly judge and demean staff and you as a person. The culture is toxic and cancerous. Upper management are conniving and downright disgusting. They are unethical in personal and business aspects. There is no reason to work for this company, no purpose. Run.
Cons
65-80 hr work week the standard, no breaks, no appreciation.
Poor Company
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2017
Try to say they care about associates, but up and sold more then half assets and told no one. Work life balance garbage. Hate it and Culture was poorly constructed and never followed. Hypocritical place to work.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Great Place to Learn
Director of Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2017
It's a great place for a first time manager. You learn a lot about the industry and they give you a opportunity to be creative. There are a lot of resources for someone to run their departments. The only draw back is that they often work with ownership groups that do not share the same vision for associate engagement vs the bottom line.
busy
General Cashier/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2017
very busy environment as with any hotel. great employees to work with in all departments, enjoyed working with all areas of the hotel. learned what it was like to work in a large hotel.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no free lunch
Avoid
Gallery Host / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
Very unprofessional behind the scenes. Management pushes for their bonus', at workers' expense. Workers are not people, just bodies, and not treated fairly or honestly. Middle management, as per the norm, take credit for other's work. Blatant favoritism.

For a paycheck, not expecting any thing else, good place to work.
Great place for college students. It does offer opportunities.

The company has great customer service principles, that one should learn, then utilize in their daily life and/or with other companies.

The company encourages "ownership", allows one latitude in dealing with guests, as long as management doesn't have to exert themselves.

The best part of the job, are the repeat corporate guests. They notice and appreciate the hard work one does.
White Lodging Services
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2017
White Lodging Services is really evolving and definitely gives you an opportunity to grow and develop. There are several opportunities for advancement available, especially if you are willing to relocate. The hospitality industry is a demanding business, so be prepared to put in the time and dedication if you seek advancement. I started at an hourly position and have worked my way up, which is an opportunity available if you want to go that route.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Pay could be better
Low Pay Lackluster Leadership
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I wanted a job that made it easy to work, do well, and go home and I did not find that here no matter how much I tried to work things out. The staff is small, which has its own pros and cons, but more than anything I found lackluster leadership.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, bad management, work life balance
good experience
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2016
exlenect people and good job for experience but no advancement or pay growth, hours are not promise and the benefits aren't there. Underpay and they dont help you with any certicates
Fun working environment working with like minded individuals
Courtyard Austin NW / Interim Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2016
Reviewing previous days operations and seeing how we can execute and resolve service issues form the night before. Very intersting managing a team of Front Desk associates.
Great Internship Program
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2016
White Lodging has a fantastic internship program. I learned more there than at any other internship I have had in the past. Management did a wonderful job of setting me up to succeed.
White Lodging
Assistant Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  AustinApril 19, 2016
Hard work but if you can produce results you will be rewarded for your efforts. This company will consider results over tenure when it comes to promoting. Strong sales growth generation is a must for success with this company.
Houseman/Security (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. I enjoyed working with my fellow associates. The job was constantly everyday which is good if you get bored quickly.
Opening 1000 Rooms Hotel
F&B Opening Task Force (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2015
A first rate and well executed opening by a very strong organization. The amount of resources available was impressive.
Fun, productive workplace with the oppurtunity to meet new people everyday.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2015
I worked a typical 8 hour shift, where I greeted guests and proceeded to check them into their rooms. I learned a lot about how hotels rates are determined and the differences between online booking and central reservations booking. Management was always helpful and available when help needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to get lunch breaks, due to the business. Most enjoyable part was working with a very friendly, upbeat set of coworkers.
Pros
discounts on reservations at almost any Marriott in the U.S.
Cons
having to pay for parking in the downtown area and still not be able to park there, when the hotel was completely booked.